Anyone NOT Getting Any New Equipment This Season?

Probably not. I'm most likely waiting for the new Cobra one length irons to make it to the used market for a discount so I can try them. Other than that I'm all set, unless a putter catches my eye. OK, never mind, I probably am getting new equipment.

Well... I am not going to buy any more...

I am really happy with my golf set up, so no real reason to buy anything new this year, but we all know something interesting is always going to pop up 👀

Don’t have much urge to switch anything out. Only possibility are my wedges, they’re little over a year old and they’re getting due

Last edited:
So the big question is what do you consider new? I dis buy a brand new driver this year but everything else will be used. So, no?

edit: I was typing this while sending a PM for a set of used wedges cause ‘Murica!

Something new that you are putting in your bag. It doesn't have to be this year's equipment.

I was talking to an acquaintance at the range today. He has the Apex CF16's. He told me he went to the golf store and hit the new Apex irons and didn't notice much of a difference with what he has now, so he is sticking with the CF16's.

I used to get new gear every year...sometimes more than once a year, lol...but I came to the conclusion (for me anyway), that my time would better be spent on focusing on my swing as opposed to the newest gear. Unless something doesn't fit, or is quite old, I don't see much point in an upgrade. That's just me though.

I was talking to an acquaintance at the range today. He has the Apex CF16's. He told me he went to the golf store and hit the new Apex irons and didn't notice much of a difference with what he has now, so he is sticking with the CF16's.

I used to get new gear every year...sometimes more than once a year, lol...but I came to the conclusion (for me anyway), that my time would better be spent on focusing on my swing as opposed to the newest gear. Unless something doesn't fit, or is quite old, I don't see much point in an upgrade. That's just me though.

Don’t be that naive sir. Your new shafts will be noticed. It’s an upgrade even if the heads dont change. I’m going to a GD Tour AD DI 5s (yes I know) in driver. It’ll be the same driver. A new one from any company with that shaft is not cheap. I’ll keep the old head and let a shaft do it’s thing instead of trying to muscle it.

It’s not total new gear but it’s like playing new gear.

Yes the irons are new. Or will be.

Don’t be that naive sir. Your new shafts will be noticed. It’s an upgrade even if the heads dont change. I’m going to a GD Tour AD DI 5s (yes I know) in driver. It’ll be the same driver. A new one from any company with that shaft is not cheap. I’ll keep the old head and let a shaft do it’s thing instead of trying to muscle it.

It’s not total new gear but it’s like playing new gear.

Yes the irons are new. Or will be.

Not really an upgrade, more of a necessity as time catches up to me, lol.

I'll preface by saying that I don't go into any season with the specific intent to replace anything. With that being said, between May 17th and July 6th of last year I turned my entire bag over with the exception of my putter and hybrid. 🤷‍♂️

The only "planned" change I have in store for my bag this year is to get a shaft fitting for my driver. Although, an unneeded hybrid upgrade is probably in the horizon, also........................

I'm another who goes into 2021 with no intent but history says it won't last long

I bougth two drivers last year and the one I had in the bag was decent. I see fun days on the range and then potential shaft fitting for the winner.

I know most of us like shiny new things, and this is a golf forum so most of the folks on this forum are avid golfers, but I was wondering if any of you were not planning any equipment purchases this season? I used to buy and sell a lot, but not so much anymore.

I am happy with what I have, and am more swing focused than equipment focused. My last purchase was a putter in January of 2020. A club would have to have a real WOW! factor for me to make any changes.

That's my plan for this year. I should be good for a while - but you never know😉

Not really an upgrade, more of a necessity as time catches up to me, lol.

Yeah, well.....

You’re still in the top 99% of golfers despite your full swing struggles.

So while it can be flusterating, keep in mind that you are still quite good at golf. You’ve had more rounds on the 70’s the past 2 years that I likely have in my life.

The opposite for me. I have a bunch on order: new irons, a new utility, a new 3 wood, and certainly a new driver. I haven't figured out which driver to buy, but the RadSpeed and the Mizuno ST-Z are on the shortlist. Putters are an every year thing for me as I'm a collector, some collect stamps, I collect putters and skis.:cool:

I love center shafted putters, so next up is this one.

View attachment 8995382

I also prefer center shafted putters. I'll be curious to see what you think of this one!

Yeah, well.....

You’re still in the top 99% of golfers despite your full swing struggles.

So while it can be flusterating, keep in mind that you are still quite good at golf. You’ve had more rounds on the 70’s the past 2 years that I likely have in my life.

I doubt that...hopefully with the UCD behind you, you will get back to your old form. :)

What the hell kind of question is this? 🤣🤣🤣🤣

What the hell kind of question is this? 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I mean I’m done until I see something I want, lol.

You know I don’t play there!

I'm not planning on anything new... although earlier in Jan I did pick up a new wedge... so I guess I was.:LOL:

One club at most as at my age and after major purchases irons driver and hybrid last year (PXG) I am standing still and concentrating on fitness. Have not changed putters for 15 years with Cameron series 62 being considered for a replacement.

Naw. Went nuts last year getting new stuff. Liking where I'm at gear wise right now, so going to try and get better this season with what I got.

Even though I'm here stalking the equipment thread on THP. :p

I’m on the shelf until at least May, so I might hold off on a new purchase until I start playing again.

Yeah, like that’s ever stopped me before...:laughing:

I'm the opposite. For three seasons now I've said I'm going to get a new driver but I still haven't. So, I probably won't buy anything new but have hopes of possibly finding a driver.

Back