Anyone NOT Getting Any New Equipment This Season?

Probably not. I'm most likely waiting for the new Cobra one length irons to make it to the used market for a discount so I can try them. Other than that I'm all set, unless a putter catches my eye. OK, never mind, I probably am getting new equipment.

Same here. I was listening to some sports talk radio today, with the national host being a guy out of Cleveland. He interviewed Jimmy Hamlin, who you may be aware of from his playing on exotic courses with hot looking women! He's a pro here in NE Ohio. The show host asked him about the explosion in golf last year. He went on to talk about the incredible growth in the golf industry. He either owns, or has an ownership interest, in 2 upscale courses here, and he said they just could not keep up with the business! Current golfers had extra time on their hands, so they played more, and the game attracted a whole bunch of newbs, because they could actually get outside and do something!

I'm going to wait for this following off season, when all the newbs will finally figure out just how damned hard this game really is, plus they have to go back to work, and they sell their clubs! MMMWaaaahahahahahahahahhhhh! (Insert evil guy rubbing hands emoji). I'm gonna clean up!

My plan for the year has gone sideways. Originally the plan was a full bag fitting down at the Callaway HQ for my 40th bday then a Bandon trip, followed by a trip to Scotland. Then we decided to buy a new house and things have taken a turn. My bag is getting pretty dated, but I do love my clubs. With Covid messing up my travel plans and the trip to St. Andrews getting axed, I might just wait another year or two before going big.

I'm the opposite. For three seasons now I've said I'm going to get a new driver but I still haven't. So, I probably won't buy anything new but have hopes of possibly finding a driver.
What has kept you from getting a new driver? Have none of the newer models out performed your current driver?

My plan for the year has gone sideways. Originally the plan was a full bag fitting down at the Callaway HQ for my 40th bday then a Bandon trip, followed by a trip to Scotland. Then we decided to buy a new house and things have taken a turn. My bag is getting pretty dated, but I do love my clubs. With Covid messing up my travel plans and the trip to St. Andrews getting axed, I might just wait another year or two before going big.
That sounds like a wonderful trip. I always wanted to go to Bandon. Maybe one day.

I really don’t think I’ll be buying anything this year. This year is going to be a therapy year for me I think after having arthritis surgery. If I do end up getting something it’d be at the end of the year hopefully when I have a swing to use lol.

I really don’t think I’ll be buying anything this year. This year is going to be a therapy year for me I think after having arthritis surgery. If I do end up getting something it’d be at the end of the year hopefully when I have a swing to use lol.

Good luck with your recovery!

That sounds like a wonderful trip. I always wanted to go to Bandon. Maybe one day.
Going to Bandon in May. Very excited. So hopefully I don't buy any new equipment. Other than balls.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

What has kept you from getting a new driver? Have none of the newer models out performed your current driver?
Oh I think nearly all newer models would out perform my current driver as it's a relic haha. Main reason is if I buy a brand new driver I want a proper fitting; closest places to do that correctly are in Twin Cities, which is still a decent drive away. Seems like when I finally have time to get over there the season is half over so I figure I might as well wait for new stuff next season. That cycle keeps happening. Now I'm thinking I should just find a decent used driver so I've started hunting in the BST.

Oh I think nearly all newer models would out perform my current driver as it's a relic haha. Main reason is if I buy a brand new driver I want a proper fitting; closest places to do that correctly are in Twin Cities, which is still a decent drive away. Seems like when I finally have time to get over there the season is half over so I figure I might as well wait for new stuff next season. That cycle keeps happening. Now I'm thinking I should just find a decent used driver so I've started hunting in the BST.

where do you play in Eau Claire?

Nope.

Got a new set 4 years ago.

Bought a used set of Ping eye 2 +'s two winters ago.

Didn't s#$t the bed golfing last season.

Not a shiny new things type of guy. Thinking about Edison wedges... But I'm not really anywhere near pulling the trigger...

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

where do you play in Eau Claire?
I have 2 friends that prefer Princeton Valley. The guy across the street always plays at Mill Run. I have a couple friends that like to try golf from time to time (a.k.a. "Can I borrow a set of clubs?") so we head to Hickory Hills. Between those 3 courses I get some decent variety. Wild Ridge is a special treat (I've only been there once).

Back