Anyone Play Ram Hill Golf Club in Borrego Spings. Ca

Campbell Toe

AKA Campbell Toe
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Looking for opinions on Ram Hill and if it’s worth the trek out there? If you have had any experiences, please share.

I have, but it's been at least 25 years ago so I couldn't give any current insight into it. FWIW, Golf Advisor rated it the #1 or #2 top course in California from 2015-2019.

I haven't yet but I really want to. I've only heard good things including the head of the SCGA course rating dept say it was his favorite course and he's been on every one on So Cal.

I went in the spring just after they reopened after lockdown. I treked out there from Orange County and played with a b7ddy that drove down from Vegas (they were still under golf lockdown). We got a great rate around $85 and it was a fun and challenging track. The wind came up around noon time and apparently all the putts break towards the Salton Sea. I would play it again in a heartbeat.

Best course in San Diego county outside of San Diego country club. Premium proV1 practice ranges balls with rangefinders at stations. Amazingly comfortable carts. Great service by the staff there. Course sucks in the wind but only because there’s no where to hide when it gets gusty. Lately conditions have been average or below normally outstanding conditions but layout is fun and plenty of tee options to choose from. Greens usually roll around 10-11.

Best course in San Diego county outside of San Diego country club. Premium proV1 practice ranges balls with rangefinders at stations. Amazingly comfortable carts. Great service by the staff there. Course sucks in the wind but only because there’s no where to hide when it gets gusty. Lately conditions have been average or below normally outstanding conditions but layout is fun and plenty of tee options to choose from. Greens usually roll around 10-11.

Was planning on going there for this week but with the restrictions the way they are, was afraid I would get in that area and get turned down for a hotel room. Ended up in Vegas instead.

Back