Anyone play the Titleist U510?

Chef23

2023 Srixon Experience
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I was shopping for fairway woods last night (I wound up with a Sim Max 5w) and also have a bit of a hole between my 5i and 5W. There happened to be a Titleist U510 sitting there and I hit 10-15 balls with it and got very good results. I was hitting it solid, pretty high and it didn't seem to have any of the left miss I have seen with some of the hybrids and utility irons. I am looking for some thoughts from anyone that has played one. I had a Srixon U85 in that spot for a while but didn't love it. Let me know your experience with it if you have any.

There is a thread on them if you search.

I play the 2 iron and its like cheating. Great forgiveness and similar ball speed across the face. Good off the tee and turf.

There is a thread on them if you search.

I play the 2 iron and its like cheating. Great forgiveness and similar ball speed across the face. Good off the tee and turf.

Thanks I didn’t scroll down far enough on my search.

I have sure heard lots of good things about them, but haven’t tried one, personally.

I have the U510 in a 4 iron (22*), will never use a set 4 iron again. Great club.

I played a 4 iron for a while. I hit some monster shots with it. I thought it was less forgiving overall than my 23* hybrid though.

I got to take a U510 4 and a U500 3 out this weekend both with the Smoke 6.0 shaft. I really like the U510. It was easy to hit, elevated well and was forgiving. I think it is likely going to fit the slot I was looking for. It also didn't seem to want to go left which was great for me. The U500 has a bit less offset and isn't quite as forgiving. For me I need to elevate the ball and the 510 is a better match for my game.

I am going to pick one up.

I've got the U500 2-iron & I love it, especially off the tee on short par 4's, as well as where I spend a lot of my time ... the trees! It's a great recovery iron for low punch shots (y):golf2:

Just ordered a U510 1 Iron, can't wait to get it out on the course

Hopefully that will be on Tuesday evening

I wound up picking up a U510 4i and am pretty happy with it so far. It launches well and seems pretty forgiving. I am pretty sure I could hit a 2i in it with the right shaft. Not sure about a 1i.

I thought about getting one last fall, but they were a little on the higher launching side for me. I wanted one to run a little more. I really liked the look and feel though, and should have thought a little wiser of it all at the time. I was set on a 2i for some reason, and that was foolish.

I thought about getting one last fall, but they were a little on the higher launching side for me. I wanted one to run a little more. I really liked the look and feel though, and should have thought a little wiser of it all at the time. I was set on a 2i for some reason, and that was foolish.

If you want something that launches lower the U500 does just that. A bit less offset and a bit smaller with lower launch.

Just back from the range where I used my time to hit the U510 1 iron. I had been hitting a push fade with it. I had been setting up with an open face due to the offset of the head. Once I realised what I was doing wrong that push fade disappeared. I was hitting it nice and high and could shape it both ways by adjusting my right foot placement

I do think that this is going to be a stable of my bag now. On hard firm fairways this is going to run for ever.

Next range session with it will be to work on a low stinger shot for those windy days

I hit a U510 1 iron and 2 iron and a U500 4 iron this evening at the local PGA Superstore. These things are the real deal for my swing. I was seeing ball speeds equivalent to a 5 wood in the 1 and 2. The 1 would roll out more than the 2, given the loft difference. They also were surprisingly easy to hit. I really think I could get more out of them than a hybrid.

I hit a U510 1 iron and 2 iron and a U500 4 iron this evening at the local PGA Superstore. These things are the real deal for my swing. I was seeing ball speeds equivalent to a 5 wood in the 1 and 2. The 1 would roll out more than the 2, given the loft difference. They also were surprisingly easy to hit. I really think I could get more out of them than a hybrid.

Thats what I am seeing with the 1 iron, so much so that I am looking to see if I can find a 2 and 3 iron to match for decent prices

I ended up putting a u510 2 iron and a u500 4 iron in my bag. The jury is still out as to whether I am better off overall with hybrids or with utility irons in these spots. However, I just had to post this ridiculous shot today with the u510 2 iron. I usually hit 3 wood on this hole. It is close to a 90 degree dogleg left. I hit a very solid draw over the dogleg and it was perfect. It is this kind of shot that really intrigues me about these utility irons.

D9981AB7-CA2C-4D84-B237-395E5A36AFD6.jpeg

@Tenputt excellent! I love my u510 2 iron. That thing is butter! Should be illegal. How do you feel about the 4?
I have hit some good shots with it, but I also am missing it right frequently. It launches very high. Keep in mind it is the u500, not the 510. I needed it to gap into my irons and I feared that the 510 would be too long. My 6 iron is 27 degrees. The 500 4 iron is 23 degrees. The 500 feels more like an iron than the 510, with a thinner sole. It is a little weaker lofted than the 510. It launches very well for me. Today, I hit it twice, both on par 3’s. The first one, I hit it hard On a 230 yard par 3. It came down and stopped within a foot of the ball mark. Shotscope said that it went 223 yards. On the other par 3, we were playing into a club and a half head wind and the yardage was 180. I knew I couldn’t get 6 iron there. I tried to lay off of the 4 a bit and I hung it right, leading to a bogie. Like I mentioned in the earlier post, the jury is still out on whether they will benefit me. I need to get on the range with them, something I haven’t done yet.

@Tenputt I also fade the u510 which goes against my regular draw. I like it though. Automatic butter fade off the tee allows me to use a shot shape I cannot typically pull off.

@Tenputt I also fade the u510 which goes against my regular draw. I like it though. Automatic butter fade off the tee allows me to use a shot shape I cannot typically pull off.
That’s a nice option to have in the bag. The u510 I tend to draw. The u500, I fade. Go figure.

Back