Anyone removed the plug from a Stroke Lab shaft?

Chef23

2023 Srixon Experience
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I have a Toulon with a Stroke Lab shaft in it and I would like to put more of a counter weight in it. Has anyone removed the plug from the shaft? My options are to either remove the plug or drill through it. I don't have a lot of confidence in my ability to drill it out somewhat straight. I was thinking of going after it with a heat gun and trying to pull the plug out then putting a Counter Core grip on there with the 75g weight in it.

I have a Toulon with a Stroke Lab shaft in it and I would like to put more of a counter weight in it. Has anyone removed the plug from the shaft? My options are to either remove the plug or drill through it. I don't have a lot of confidence in my ability to drill it out somewhat straight. I was thinking of going after it with a heat gun and trying to pull the plug out then putting a Counter Core grip on there with the 75g weight in it.
When in doubt go with heat.

I have. Heat will work and it won't take much.

No problem. I'm here to help.

I think I just heated it up a little and grabbed the lip of the counterweight with a pair of pliers.

Yeah a heat gun will do the trick. Just make sure not to heat it up too much so you don't damage the carbon fiber, it doesn't take a whole lot to get that pulled out with a pliers.

If the plug is right at the end of the shaft it comes out pretty easy. I have taken two out using some pliers on the edge of the plug with just a slight turn.

Thanks. I may just send the putter back rather than messing with it. I really want the face balanced version.

Super easy to take the plug out if you want. I just used pliers, no heat even needed.

Thanks. I may just send the putter back rather than messing with it. I really want the face balanced version.

If you want a different design, then that makes sense. If you just want the plug out, it's really nothing to worry about. Good luck!

If you want a different design, then that makes sense. If you just want the plug out, it's really nothing to worry about. Good luck!

I decided I really wanted a different design. I thought I might like the slant neck but realized I am a face balanced guy. I just ordered a SL7 from the 40% off sale and am going to remove the plug and put more weight in there.

I regripped my TT 10 Odyssey and took the plug/weight out. Replaced grip with Super Stroke with a heavier SS counter core weight. Weight popped right out.

I regripped my TT 10 Odyssey and took the plug/weight out. Replaced grip with Super Stroke with a heavier SS counter core weight. Weight popped right out.
Thanks. I have a SL 7 coming and am going to do that same thing.

Back