Anyone suggest a non-greasy sunscreen? I apply mine and my hands & grips get slippery. Thank you.

jhd12

Reaction score
Handicap
Anybody find a non-greasy sunscreen? I apply mine but my hands stay greasy/slippery which then makes my grips slippery.

The simple fix would be to apply sunscreen, wash hands, and go play. But because the sunscreen is "water resistant" even washing after I apply does not remove all the greasiness from my hands/fingers.

And even if you get your hands fairly grease-free, all it takes is to accidentally touch your arms or legs or face during the round and the greasiness is back on your hands and the club is slipping.

I guess the real fix is to find a non-greasy sunscreen - that way your hands never get greasy from the original application or touching another part of your body later. Anybody find one? Thank you!

Anybody find a non-greasy sunscreen? I apply mine but my hands stay greasy/slippery which then makes my grips slippery.

The simple fix would be to apply sunscreen, wash hands, and go play. But because the sunscreen is "water resistant" even washing after I apply does not remove all the greasiness from my hands/fingers.

And even if you get your hands fairly grease-free, all it takes is to accidentally touch your arms or legs or face during the round and the greasiness is back on your hands and the club is slipping.

I guess the real fix is to find a non-greasy sunscreen - that way your hands never get greasy from the original application or touching another part of your body later. Anybody find one? Thank you!
I use a spray that we have for the kids. I just don't get it on my hands and don't ever have any problems. It's only 30SPF though. Not sure if it's strong enough for you or not.

I grabbed on of these at a convenience store on the way to kayak in Branson a couple of weeks ago. I just used it this Sunday to golf in Houston and was pleasantly surprised at how non-greasy it was and how well it worked:

I use spray myself and don't put it on my hands. I'm not sure that it works as well but solves the hands issue for sure.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

most of the spray on sunscreens i've seen recommend rubbing it in which is roflmao

i just use the lotoin, rub it in, and give my hands a nice wipe down with a towel (without washing). seems to work just fine for me. ymmv, obv.

If I use lotion I just get my hands wet and then wipe with a towel never had any issues. Otherwise a spray works

+1 to the Neutrogena Ultra Sheer SPF 55 or 70. I put it on before I leave the house and it washes off without an issue.

I’ve always just used Coppertone Sport. But not sure if that’s available to you... it comes in a spray and is SPF 50.

Not really answering your question, but especially in these times what about wearing a latex glove while you apply it?

Skin sunscreen is supposed to be made for golf and other activities. They will send you free samples. I got some, but I gave them away and never used it myself so I can’t comment on it.

I use a spray that we have for the kids. I just don't get it on my hands and don't ever have any problems. It's only 30SPF though. Not sure if it's strong enough for you or not.
This- I use a spray....

+1 to the Neutrogena Ultra Sheer SPF 55 or 70. I put it on before I leave the house and it washes off without an issue.
I use this as well. Apply before I leave the house. And wash my hands with hand soap then Dawn then purell. I don’t wear a glove so I gotta make sure the hands are as clean as possible

I'd always just apply before leaving for the course and wash the mitts.
I use as little sunscreen as possible, just on places that tend to burn like the neck and ears.
Sometimes the back of the legs if the sun is really strong. Otherwise, love the golf tan. Sock lines and all.

As others have said, the sport-types are more tacky and spray ons are not greasy at all.

I'm pretty religious when it comes to applying sunscreen before each round and at the turn, but never on my hands. Arms/Neck/Face/Legs. Hands have never been sunburnt...

I use Neutrogena ultra sheer spray. If I have to reapply I don't need to use my hands.

Biore Aqua Watery Essence 50SPF. Spreads easily, wet wipe is enough to clean palms. I usually apply before round and wash hands properly, but no issue to reapply if required.

This is the spray I use. Goes on dry not greasy
1594845864168.png

Thank you for starting this thread. I need a new sunscreen.

Back