Anyone think they could hit Rickie's new irons?

They look phenomenal and I'd try like he11 to hit them, but probably not hit them well haha.

This thread sent me down a rabbit hole of powder coating club heads and cerakote...:D

Negative Ghost rider.

I would hit them so far sideways the ball would somehow wind up behind me.

@Master Yagley or anyone else that knows much about finishes, any ideas about this look? I'm kinda infatuated now.

I have dreams of smacking them off the fairway like Rickie.
They're dreams because I can't actually do it. I'd still give those irons I go though. I'd be curious what it would do to my proximities, because

Considering the tour pros don't do that on average, probably not many. But I'm confident I could do it occasionally and more often with the shorter clubs than the long irons.

^ this chart makes me both happy and sad. Man, I could really do something if I could swing away and have some length.

I would attempt to hit them, hurt my hands and then just be okay with looking at them

@Master Yagley or anyone else that knows much about finishes, any ideas about this look? I'm kinda infatuated now.
I'm not a huge fan of the finish. I think the club shape is amazing and the markings are perfect. Even the milling lines are understated and much better to me than any other milling lines I've seen on clubs. I just think they'd look better to me in a matte/satin silver finish. Maybe even in a black finish, but the previous black Cobra clubs look off/weird to me.

I’m adding this picture of them for those that skip the article:

1589304221703.jpeg

ughhh that offset just gives me the shivers. I do love that topline though!

Those look pretty badass... I could look at them but couldn't hit them probably... LOL. I'd still try.

Maybe Rickie needs to go with a little more forgiveness until he wins more... and I say that as a concerned fan, not a dick. ;)

Beautiful clubs, but no way that I could hit them. I can barely hit what I have!

Dang those are beautiful! Could I hit them, of course I could to left to the right into the water & into the woods on the way to grandmas house.

Yeah?

I really do want to MB my forehead off.
Yeah. I've watched Range Days. You don't miss the center by much and definitely don't need distance help

I could hit those things no prob. Heck I'd probably do better with onset, so zero offset is appealing.

7-W yes if reshafted with regular shafts.

Dear 8 pound baby Jesus.......send me these irons

They are beauties and I'd love to give them a try. They can't be that much tougher to hit than my Z965's can they??

Id hit them. They cant be any thinner than my old Spalding blades or any of the Mizuno blades that Ive played over the years.

Yes.... My bag would be:

Ricky's MB Irons: GW - 7i (5) This would take me up to about 140 yds.
T-rails: 7i, 6i (2) This covers me from 150 to 165.
F9 5H, 4H (2) This from 180 to 195.
F9 3W (1)
Driver (1)
Callaway MD Wedges 54/10, 58/8 (2)
Putter: (1)

Back