Anyone try CBX Full Face Wedges?

Chef23

2023 Srixon Experience
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I have been thinking about a new 58* wedge and like the full face on my PM Grind but don't like the way it tends to dig on me from the fairway. After listening to the THP podcast with Noelle over the weekend it got me cruising through the Cleveland wedge line up and I find the CBX line interesting and the Full Face caught my eye. Any feedback on how versatile it is to be able to open the club up would be appreciated.

I have been thinking about a new 58* wedge and like the full face on my PM Grind but don't like the way it tends to dig on me from the fairway. After listening to the THP podcast with Noelle over the weekend it got me cruising through the Cleveland wedge line up and I find the CBX line interesting and the Full Face caught my eye. Any feedback on how versatile it is to be able to open the club up would be appreciated.
I used at 60* FF and it was a game changer for me!
A lot easier to use over a PM Grind.
According to ShotScope I was 2% better in getting with 6 ft and 2% better Up & Downs over 2019 using the CBX2 56* and 60* FF.

I play the 58* probably my favorite club in the bag..
I really only use it from 50yds and in and its sooo good around the greens. Spins a ton.

There is one at my local Dick's. I may need to pick it up today and put it in play this weekend.

As a high handicap with a bad wedge game I have a set of CBX2 and FF and honestly I really really like the FF. Super forgiving and it looks great. I'd definitely give it a look. I switched to MIM when I went to the MC and I really like them, which is why I haven't switched back to CBX2 and FF but at the same time I haven't gotten rid of the Cleveland's because I like them so much!

I have the 56° and the 60° and I like them a lot. I had a 56° CBX and although I kind of liked it, it just wasn't quite what I was looking for so I tried the CBX Full Face.
I have a tendency to cut across the ball with wedges and sometimes partially miss the score lines and hit partly on the smooth part of the face on the toe side of the face. Even if the ball proceeds in the direction that I want it to, it has no (or very little) bite when it hits the green. The full face design took care of that. In addition, it just feels better than other wedges to me.

Last edited:
I use the 56* FF and it's in the bag for good. Big improvement over the CBX 2 56*.

Back