Anyone try Putt Out?

MCGolfTM

Reaction score
Handicap
Anyone got any feedback, or is this another gimmick?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone got any feedback, or is this another gimmick?

I've almost pulled the trigger on it but haven't yet. It seems like it could be a decent practice tool. Anything that may help my putting I'm always going to consider!

I've almost pulled the trigger on it but haven't yet. It seems like it could be a decent practice tool. Anything that may help my putting I'm always going to consider!

I'm highly considering it, if it works as they say. Those pressure putts are where I have the most trouble. Can't probably drop 5 strokes in a round if I can improve those.

I honestly don't see the value. The two key things it seems to provide is being able to hit a target X distance away and being able to tell how far past the hold a ball might go. So it seems to teach starting the ball on line and speed control which are two big skills to have when putting. If I look at indoor putting, carpet or wood really isn't a great surface to set something up 5, 10, or 20 feet away since it really won't mimic a putting green to really evaluate speed control and you can determine if your ball is starting online in much less distance. Using a metal yardstick or a dime about 20" away will quickly let you know if you are able to start the ball on line. If you want to used it outdoors on a green, you already have a putting green so no need to use the device. You can use a chalk line, ruler, or the dime to see if you are starting the ball online and now that you are on an actual green you can actually see how far past the hole a ball will go.

I bought one. And there's no way in hell I'm hitting that tiny little hole.

Maybe I should try it in the dark. That's never been a problem

I've heard mixed reviews about them, some people love it while others don't care for it. I've always considered picking one up just to test it out, but I haven't gotten around to it.

issue with this and any other putting aid is putting depends a lot on the surface and surface flatness (or lack there of). Just because you got your weight right on the living room carpet, doesn't mean it translate to what ever putting green on any given day will be. Putting to me is like any sport IQ. It's something that can't be completely taught. Once you have mastered alignment and putting stroke, the rest is all feel and vision. I could see some value using this before a round on the practice putting green though.....but any of the holes works fine as well IMO

I created my own putting aid from a 4.25" Dia plastic furniture leg floor guard cup (looks like the lip of a petrie dish) I had left over sitting in the garage junk drawer........ works perfect and cost me about $0 and 5 minutes with and exacto blade....LOL

DDBc8k8XgAEWQx9.jpg:large

For my personal game I do not see the value. I don't walk away from the golf course saying to myself, man if only I made those 5 footers... Furthermore, my home club isn't flat so I rarely ever get a straight 5 footer. Anywho, if you can say this about your game perhaps there is value there.

For my personal game I do not see the value. I don't walk away from the golf course saying to myself, man if only I made those 5 footers... Furthermore, my home club isn't flat so I rarely ever get a straight 5 footer. Anywho, if you can say this about your game perhaps there is value there.

I think that's selling it significantly short IMO, pretty good convo about it in the preview thread within that link I posted above.

I think that's selling it significantly short IMO, pretty good convo about it in the preview thread within that link I posted above.
I guess I'll just have to wait for your review to see why you think it's so helpful.

I use the Boomerang device, while similar, still very different. This training aide helps develop lag putting skills and hitting your line at varying distances through repetition.

I own two of them. One of the best training aids ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

To get rid of the Tapatalk picture, I hope.

Be sure to check out the thread in the training aid section too.
c657addc4b076c0329fbb4b6ab561dba.jpg

Back