Anyone use two drivers during the same round?

Carolina Golfer

Reaction score
Handicap
Curious, if anyone else carries two drivers. I have one set at 10.5, it gives me more distance and has slice tendencies. Then there's my old reliable 12 degree driver, straight but a little short. Rather than compete, I thought I'd use both depending on the layout of the hole. That takes out a wedge. But, I have hybrid irons with lots of versatility in those clubs for wedge play.

@JB has been carrying 2 for at least 3 seasons I think. He probably has a lot to say here.

As for me I am not super great with my first 1. That keeps me from being tempted by this strategy.

@JB has been carrying 2 for at least 3 seasons I think. He probably has a lot to say here.

As for me I am not super great with my first 1. That keeps me from being tempted by this strategy.
Closer to 6-7 years now.

Not two drivers, but I carry a mini driver. The Mini is my fairway finder and is easier for me to hit off the tee than a traditional three wood.

Thats great you have a scenario where both shot types can be played. I cant hit my 1 driver so no, I will not be putting another one in my bag. Maybe swapping though haha

I have two friends here who use two drivers...
1 - uses one for straight no-spin shots and the other for cut shots.
2 - uses a RH driver for dogleg left fairways and a LH driver for dogleg right fairways.

Back