Anyone with Luck Converting Velcro Putter Cover to Magnetic?

KellyBo

Golf, Have Fun or Quit!
Reaction score
I keep losing my velcro putter headcovers and really need a solution to keeping my current putter cover on during a round. It's a unique sized cover and I don't want to lose it.

I found an old article from 2009 on THP where a velcro putter cover was converted to magnetic. Has anyone had any luck converting one? I'm thinking of trying it.

I remember that thread but never thought I saw a method that I thought would actually be good enough (or simple enough for me to do) for it to do the job.

I know this won't help you with your need, but my solution has always been to buy only magnetic covers. Ebay search perhaps to find a magnetic cover to replace the velcro one? It would save Bill a lot of work down the road...hahaha

I know this won't help you with your need, but my solution has always been to buy only magnetic covers. Ebay search perhaps to find a magnetic cover to replace the velcro one? It would save Bill a lot of work down the road...hahaha

I have a weird size putter. It's a NEAD Biti mallet that looks like a double blade putter. Bill needs a project!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On a similar note, my magnetic cover isn't very magneticy. I need to replace the magnets with something stronger, but don't feel good about unseaming the welting to get at them. Hrrmmm.

I like the metal button /snap things. You can buy a cheap hand held thing to press it on

May be a little strange but my velcro covers stay on better than the magnetic. I am always going back to look for my magnetic cover.

I got a box of the nickel sized neodymium magnets from Home Depot to fix this problem. Since the Velcro pieces are only slightly larger than the magnets, I ripped half the seam out, pushed in the magnet, and sewed them in underneath. Haven't lost it since. Extra bonus, when the cover isn't on my putter, I just stick it to my wedges in the bag!

Requires some effort but I sewed two snaps onto my putter cover as it seems that the velcro always fails to hold over time.

Back