Anything new and improved on th SC-300

Tandy

Reaction score
Handicap
Anyone have insight if anything's better and improved on the way than SC-200 or 300 or do I just go with the 200?

There are a lot of choices... or do you go with the Garmin G80?

None of them give you spin numbers except the Flightscope MEVO, but you have to affix metal dots to the ball which cost $25 per 1000. Depends upon what you want to do. The Garmin has a tempo training program.

Curious to read this as well - still really enjoy my 200

Anyone have insight if anything's better and improved on the way than SC-200 or 300 or do I just go with the 200?
The Newer One allows you to select the loft angles of your club you are selecting.

From what I have heard, the 200 is actually superior to the 300.

I own the 200, and while not the most accurate thing in the world, I have found it reasonably close for the price, especially in the short-mid irons.

The 200 allows for this.
Club selection, but not the loft of the club you select. Or at least not in my 10 year old model. Which BTW Still works within a yard or 2 of a Launch monitor.

I did my own testing to compare.

Flightscope and GC2. versus Swings Caddie. A great inexpensive tool.

Yup spin numbers would be nice to have. Have been debating with myself since they came out on spending the dough for one. The 200 plus seems like the best bang for your buck. Basically want it to learn my yardage with each club and just to play with the practice modes in winter months. How is it for inside use does it work for inside with a net?

Club selection, but not the loft of the club you select. Or at least not in my 10 year old model. Which BTW Still works within a yard or 2 of a Launch monitor.

I did my own testing to compare.

Flightscope and GC2. versus Swings Caddie. A great inexpensive tool.

Your 10 year old model wouldn't be the SC200 as it came much more recently than that.

that sc 300 looked like a disaster

15794608700946112694604871205515.jpg

I stand Corrected.

I have the Older SC-100.

Good News is that it still works like brand new. After more than several years of use. Only changed the batteries once.

I would wait until next week at the PGA Show. I am sure THP will have all the information to help you make an informed decision.

Definitely in the market for a new device as well. Going back and forth between, SwingCaddie, Garmin or Mevo

I would wait until next week at the PGA Show. I am sure THP will have all the information to help you make an informed decision.
i’m hoping we see something great for a decent price.

i’m hoping we see something great for a decent price.

Me too. Although today I am going to hit on a trackman for $25 an hour and if it's worth it I'll probably push this down the list of things I want.

Good call. Personal launch monitor arena is blowing up. Look forward to see what new is coming out. No better place to get the skinny than right here on THP.

I have been holding off for 2 years from getting the SC200 to see if something better rolls out. Fingers crossed

I have the sc300 and have the sc200.

The sc300 picks up small pitch and chip shots where the sc200 struggled to do this. The carry numbers on the sc300 are accurate for me. The other data such as apex and launch angle I dont think are accurate. I use it for a guide i.e. I am trying to increase my launch angle so I am just looking to see increase in the number and not the number itself.

With the app you do get spin on clubs up to 8 iron I think. Dont think they are too accurate.

I have been holding off for 2 years from getting the SC200 to see if something better rolls out. Fingers crossed

There are so many possibilities if they can get this thing right.

I am in the same camp. I am waiting for that next break through to either A) make me jump on something new or B) get an existing tech version when the price drops.

Either way, now that I have gotten a taste for the data and seeing the changes in real time, hard to put it down.

Last edited:
I miss my SC100. Would love to pickup a 200, or even a 300 and give them a whirl.

Got the feeling from mygolfspy where they reviewed a couple of these units that it would be a good idea to wait a couple years to see if something better comes along.
So yup we shall what shows up at the show this week otherwise I think it will be the SC-200. Had figured maybe someone here had inside info on this already:)

Back