Smiter

Dunce Cap For A Bit
Reaction score
Handicap
My life is now Opposite Day in a lot of areas. One of the most annoying is I went from roasting all the time to freezing all the time.

So my question is, if you are wearing long underwear, should you still be wearing regular underwear? 🤣

I do but I wanna know if that’s right or wrong?

Tend to do both. Depends on how many layers of long underwear. If I am just wearing the silkies then I generally do. If I am layering the polartec on top of the silkies then I dont. Living in the south I dont think I have ever worn them for golf so my experience is from hunting in S. Dakota in OCT-NOV.

playing enough sports in the cold , if im wearing long underwear (or basically cold compression gear), I dont wear regular underwear with it

Yes. The long johns don't provide the same support, if you will.

I won’t be able to for golf, I bought 7 sets and I assume they’re supposed to be tight, and these are. I couldn’t swing freely in them. I’ll have to figure something else out for golf. It’s killing me to see 55* and not hit the course. 40* was my threshold until this year. Now I’m thinking 60* and sunny with no wind? I have warmer looser stuff so we’ll see how it goes.

I always wear underwear under my long johns. I have never heard of a rule book on underwear so ...YMMV.

yes, long johns are not chonies.. I wear both.

When wearing long johns I’ve always worn underwear underneath.

If I'm wearing old style cotton long johns, yes, underwear goes on underneath them. At least for me anyway.
If I'm wearing newer style polypropylene long johns, yes, underwear goes on underneath. At least for me anyway.
If I'm wearing some of the new super light weight warm clothing, yes, underwear goes on underneath. At least for me anyway.

This is probably TMI but I wear boxer briefs from Under Armour and Puma. They both are synthetic fabric and don't get caught up inside clothing like normal cotton would tend to.

The Puma ones I have are noticeably softer than the Under Armour ones.

Maybe something like Under Armour's heat gear can help keep you warm? Don't get it in too small of a size that your swing is hindered by it.

Keep your core warm and the rest of your body should be happy.

I generally wear compression shorts under long underwear when I am skiing. Even in the upper 30s I haven't seen the need to wear long underwear playing golf.

I've wondered the same thing myself, believe it or not. I always wear regular underwear under them.

I generally wear compression shorts under long underwear when I am skiing. Even in the upper 30s I haven't seen the need to wear long underwear playing golf.

That’s the thing, I’ve never been cold as an adult in normal temps. I’m freezing at 72* now if I’m not exercising. Nuclear medicine side effects or losing my polar bear physique? Probably a combo, down 80#. Summer is coming and I’ll probably whine about it being too hot, but even hardcore working out (I would literally pour sweat before) doing not much, I worked out hard for 2.5 hours last night and other than normal armpit type sweat, I just don’t sweat anymore.

Being warm helps with the nerve pain. Cold hurts. Plus being cold sucks. I’d rather be warm (or without the nerve pain?).

I've wondered the same thing myself, believe it or not. I always wear regular underwear under them.

C’mon man, I know this is just a prank Mr Nice Swimming pool in fracking January, 😂!

C’mon man, I know this is just a prank Mr Nice Swimming pool in fracking January, 😂!
My swimming pool is currently around 55 degrees - looks "nice", but that's about it unless you're part polar bear! :LOL:

It does get cold in the desert once in a while - not "northern frozen tundra" cold, but we have mornings in the 30s once in a while where that long underwear comes in handy!

That’s the thing, I’ve never been cold as an adult in normal temps. I’m freezing at 72* now if I’m not exercising. Nuclear medicine side effects or losing my polar bear physique? Probably a combo, down 80#. Summer is coming and I’ll probably whine about it being too hot, but even hardcore working out (I would literally pour sweat before) doing not much, I worked out hard for 2.5 hours last night and other than normal armpit type sweat, I just don’t sweat anymore.

Being warm helps with the nerve pain. Cold hurts. Plus being cold sucks. I’d rather be warm (or without the nerve pain?).

I would say it is probably a combination. I never used to be cold then I had an illness where I lost a lot of weight and have some circulation issues. I get cold easily now. That said I still don't need long underwear on my legs playing golf. I do walk and carry my bag though.

I would say it is probably a combination. I never used to be cold then I had an illness where I lost a lot of weight and have some circulation issues. I get cold easily now. That said I still don't need long underwear on my legs playing golf. I do walk and carry my bag though.

The walking and carrying is likely key there. I’d probably be fine on course. I’d fare better wearing the leg ones that the upper body ones. I still have a rather long swing and the upper body ones are too restrictive for golf.

This is a recent phenomena for me for sure. I look forward to hearing my furnace kick on, lol. Never had that before. Even working out hard I don’t sweat much. Used to be I’d break a hard sweat just thinking about working out.

This seems like a boxer versus tighty whitie situation. As a boxer guy, I'd be concerned about crotch bunching. Seems like a no brainer that if you're on the tightie whitie or man thong side of the fence that you'll be able to comfortably get away with the extra layer. If you're a boxer guy you may want to consider a six pack of tightie whities for days when you want to wear long underwear and get some extra support.

My swimming pool is currently around 55 degrees - looks "nice", but that's about it unless you're part polar bear! :LOL:

It does get cold in the desert once in a while - not "northern frozen tundra" cold, but we have mornings in the 30s once in a while where that long underwear comes in handy!

I used to be! Looked like it too, lol.

I’m not scrawny by any means but lost 86# now of blubber.

No thanks on the pool... for now.

Still looks awesome and gives us dumbasses that plan to retire to AK instead of AZ something to think about.

This seems like a boxer versus tighty whitie situation. As a boxer guy, I'd be concerned about crotch bunching. Seems like a no brainer that if you're on the tightie whitie or man thong side of the fence that you'll be able to comfortably get away with the extra layer. If you're a boxer guy you may want to consider a six pack of tightie whities for days when you want to wear long underwear and get some extra support.

Makes sense to me. I’m a boxer brief guy so I straddle the fence?

I haven’t resorted to the pants yet in my daily life. I’ve just been wearing the shirts. I wear the pants around the house, lol. I live alone (mostly) so boxer briefs and tee shirts were my inside the house attire prior.

Since C19 my outer clothes goes into a sanitized wash the second I get home. Now I throw the leg set on of the long johns. 4 sets are black the other 3 are dark blue so I kinda look like a ninja at home, 🤣.

The walking and carrying is likely key there. I’d probably be fine on course. I’d fare better wearing the leg ones that the upper body ones. I still have a rather long swing and the upper body ones are too restrictive for golf.

This is a recent phenomena for me for sure. I look forward to hearing my furnace kick on, lol. Never had that before. Even working out hard I don’t sweat much. Used to be I’d break a hard sweat just thinking about working out.

I find that multiple thin layers work best for me when playing in the cold. I played last weekend at 42* and I wore a t-shirt, long sleeve t-shirt, thin wool sweater and a wind jacket and I was very comfortable. I put those little hand warmers in my front pockets that keep my hands nice and toasty while walking.

I used to be! Looked like it too, lol.

I’m not scrawny by any means but lost 86# now of blubber.

No thanks on the pool... for now.

Still looks awesome and gives us dumbasses that plan to retire to AK instead of AZ something to think about.
I lost 75 pounds a few years ago, and it affected my thermostat too. I always ran hot before, now I get cold more easily and am less tolerant of it. And hard chairs aren't comfortable anymore with less padding on the hindquarters!

Back