Birdie5

Reaction score
Handicap
Summer is here and i cant play golf. Not becuz of grades, but surgery. I had it tuesday. Doc said three week. Is there any doctors. Out there..... Can i play in two weeks. If it heals good i mean

Appendic Surgery

Birdie5 said:
Summer is here and i cant play golf. Not becuz of grades, but surgery. I had it tuesday. Doc said three week. Is there any doctors. Out there..... Can i play in two weeks. If it heals good i mean

Sorry to tell you this but 3 weeks seems about right. Your appendix is in a place that gets a lot of motion during the golf swing. Even if the incison is healed (I assume you had laproscopic surgery) the internal elements of the surgery still have to heal and strengthen.

You might be able to talk him into letting you putt at 2 weeks but I 100% understand 3 weeks of no full swings.

thanks i wanted to go putt but parents wouldnt let me.. are ou a doc. What about three weeks on the dot

Appendic Surgery

Birdie5 said:
thanks i wanted to go putt but parents wouldnt let me.. are ou a doc. What about three weeks on the dot

I should have mentioned that I am pharmacist that works in a hospital setting- and spend a lot of time on our post-operative floors. So... Not a surgeon but pretty well in tune with surgery and standards of care.

About the 3 weeks in the dot...I would tell you what any good healthcare provider online should tell you- talk to your doctor. He is the only one who knows how the surgery went and what is safe/in the best interests for you.

I should have mentioned that I am pharmacist that works in a hospital setting- and spend a lot of time on our post-operative floors. So... Not a surgeon but pretty well in tune with surgery and standards of care.

About the 3 weeks in the dot...I would tell you what any good healthcare provider online should tell you- talk to your doctor. He is the only one who knows how the surgery went and what is safe/in the best interests for you.

(Posting for Birdie 5. I'm at his house) Birdie5 said "If you had to take a guess, what would you say about three weeks on the dot. There is a tournament that day. Also can I watch a tournament 2 weeks on the dot?" (This was straight from Birdie5's mouth)

I'm not a doctor but why push your luck? If it opens or problems arise because of impatience, you'll be sitting out a LOT longer than 3 weeks...

patience grasshopper

I agree, go with whatever your doctor says. I don't know if I'd trust any message board with my health.

I know birdie5 and I know he is itching to get out there and play. Birdie I think you defiantly shouldn't play in waycross (of course unless your doctor says its ok and you feel 100%) and if your not feeling 100 percent I would play Jekyll. I would wait it out and play at Richmond Hill. Before that tourney you should obviously play and get back to 110%. Your not gonna spring back like Cameron did... .This is more serious. BTW I'm thinking about playing in some of the Augusta Magazine Junior Tour Events and those go until August. You could play in some of those. You have plenty of time buddy just relax and take it one step at a time and just don't get into to much of a hurry. On the bright side you can get into call of duty like you said you have wanted to. Feel Better. I know we'll be lighting up the course in just a few. CC

Back