Apple Credit Card

DNice26

Happy to be here...
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Anyone thinking to get one?

I have not opened a credit card in a very long time. Was just considering it.

I suppose there are cards out there with better benefits.

Thoughts?

I tried.
I got declined and rather angry over it haha. I have perfect credit. The reason they gave was “recently closed bank account”. Which I do not have. I pulled my credit to confirm, which shows nothing of this. Yet there is nobody I could call, so I said screw if. I have plenty of credit cards.

Fortunately the beginning apply does not do a hard pull on your credit.

I tried.
I got declined and rather angry over it haha. I have perfect credit. The reason they gave was “recently closed bank account”. Which I do not have. I pulled my credit to confirm, which shows nothing of this. Yet there is nobody I could call, so I said screw if. I have plenty of credit cards.

Fortunately the beginning apply does not do a hard pull on your credit.
Wow...not a good experience there. My credit is currently in a freeze (from all he craziness a year ago or so). I need to unfreeze it to allow them to ding my credit.
Not too sure I should bother now!

Wow...not a good experience there. My credit is currently in a freeze (from all he craziness a year ago or so). I need to unfreeze it to allow them to ding my credit.
Not too sure I should bother now!

There are tons that have it and the card is rather interesting. I can’t for the life of me figure out the closed bank account thing, but I wouldnt hold back from my issue.

I set it up the other day. Did the application directly from wallet app on the iPhone. Fast process. It took maybe 5 min total. I haven't used it yet (via Apple Pay) and still learning what it offers and doesn't. Physical card should arrive today or early next week. At this point I see it more as a novelty than anything else.

I am still nor sure how it’s any different than any other CC.

I am still nor sure how it’s any different than any other CC.

It’s not much. Although for those that live on an iPhone it’s tied in pretty well. Less fees for the most part and some interesting cash back programs.

Got it. Thanks.

My wife got one a couple weeks ago, signed up through the Apple Wallet on her phone. Used it to buy her iPhone 11 on Monday and my Apple Watch today to get the 3% cash back. She's also used it with Apple Pay a few times and gets 2% back on that. We're going to sit down tonight to go through our current stable of cards to figure out the best way to max out the points on each card.

I will say that the physical card is pretty sweet. No numbers, heavy-duty feel, engraved name and logos.

I’m very interested in the card, but just haven’t pulled the trigger yet.
Plus I’m not working right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not really interested in another card. I try to keep it to a minimum on credit cards.

I’ve had it Since launch and it’s a better backup card for places that don’t take Amex. The cash back is only with it with Apple Pay.

I’ve had it Since launch and it’s a better backup card for places that don’t take Amex. The cash back is only with it with Apple Pay.

Are you sure about that? I know you earn 2-3% cash back with Apple Pay, but I was under the impression that you get 1% on everything else where you use the actual card.

Are you sure about that? I know you earn 2-3% cash back with Apple Pay, but I was under the impression that you get 1% on everything else where you use the actual card.

You do.
1% using the physical card
2% using Apple Pay
3% on everything you buy from Apple.

Typo. It should say worth it. 1% isn’t worth it in my book.

No thanks better card options out there for everyday spend

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Pretty simple application and acceptance. Probably won’t use it much but the 2-3% cash back is interesting especially since many golf purchases have been done through Apple Pay recently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are other cards better than apple out there.
I use the amazon credit card for prime orders to get 5% back and I have a cash back card that gets 2% back on everything (would need to have an account with the bank to get the full 2%) plus offers protection on my phone in case it were to get broken or stolen when I pay my phone bill through it and it’ll cover the cost up to 1k.

There are other cards better than apple out there.
I use the amazon credit card for prime orders to get 5% back and I have a cash back card that gets 2% back on everything (would need to have an account with the bank to get the full 2%) plus offers protection on my phone in case it were to get broken or stolen when I pay my phone bill through it and it’ll cover the cost up to 1k.

We love the Prime card. Works great for Whole Foods too.

I know an Apple fanboy who got bent out of shape when he got declined. I guess that bankruptcy is staying with him longer than he thought it would.

I think there are better cards anyway.

I just find it amusing that Apple markets it as "made by Apple, not a bank" but the fine print in the ad says "by Merrill Lynch BANK." I read an article how ML is pretty pissed about being snubbed by Apple after they (ML) spent $300 Million developing the card.

I just find it amusing that Apple markets it as "made by Apple, not a bank" but the fine print in the ad says "by Merrill Lynch BANK." I read an article how ML is pretty pissed about being snubbed by Apple after they (ML) spent $300 Million developing the card.
I thought it was GS here. Is ML in play somewhere too?

I thought it was GS here. Is ML in play somewhere too?
Yeah Goldman Sachs is the issuer and spent $300M to develop it

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Back