Votes: 4 5.3%

• Total voters

baylrballa

2024 WWGC Food and Drink Champion
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
>10
Your main computer set up is Apple or PC?

Bonus points for explanation.

Briefly considered switching to Apple as we just upgraded and wife has one of the iPad pros. But still just don't want to, I get so angry trying to use hers for anything.

PC - I have ALWAYS been a PC guy, while my wife has always been a MAC girl.

She has her Macbook Pro, and I cannot for the life of me use the damn thing.

I am sure if I took the time to learn how to use it, I would be fine, but I have no interest.

I use both in my daily life.
Have an older MacBook pro that was my first apple computer.
Work, I'm mostly on a Windows10 desktop or laptop

In the end, I really have no preference, both get the job done for me.

Now that Apple has abandoned intel, I will go with a PC. I have been buying souped up MacBook pros for years and getting the best of both worlds - OS X and Windows running within VMWare on the machine.

PC for me, originally for gaming and because I got to go through the build process which was super easy and fun.

That, and Mac is STUPID expensive.

Fixed that for you.

This - the same answer. I used to do a lot of gaming, I started building computers back in the late 90s, still use them to this day even though I don't have the free time to game much anymore if at all.

PC here. I do a lot of audio production work and while some people swear by Apple as the studio standard, I don't use ProTools (I'm a Reaper guy) and I've found that there are a LOT more plugins/effects that are Windows-based that work for me, vs. Apple formatted.

I have a PC for work. I find that for me the Windows based machines are better in a corporate environment. Outlook works much better on a Windows machine than the Mac. I also have an iPad Pro for personal use and it is not a substitute for a laptop.

I like the Mac and love the OS but for me Outlook and the Office apps don't work as well for me compared to the Windows world.

I have never used a Mac, but based on the other Apple devices I have been exposed to, I find them very unflexible

Things may have changed, but Jen and her daughter both had an iPod many years ago, and the only way to transfer any music to it was to install iTunes on my PC before it would allow me to do anything, and even then I had to set up multiple profiles so that they could have different music on their device, whereas I had a portable MP3 player that I just plugged in and it was recognised as a USB storage device and I just dragged whatever I wanted onto it

If you are fully invested in the Apple ecosystem, then I guess it could make sense, but it isn't for me

I have a PC for work. I find that for me the Windows based machines are better in a corporate environment. Outlook works much better on a Windows machine than the Mac. I also have an iPad Pro for personal use and it is not a substitute for a laptop.

I like the Mac and love the OS but for me Outlook and the Office apps don't work as well for me compared to the Windows world.
The Office 365 suite is most disappointing on Mac. It’s several generations behind the Windows based versions, which is ashamed. Going between the two is also quite a challenge since things and Options are not even in the same place.

Replacing/upgrading devices within the apple ecosystem (including laptops) are a major advantage over PCs. I dread upgrading windows based laptops or major OS upgrades. With apple, I sign into iCloud and select a backup file and my new device is set up just like my old device.

Apple for me because of work mainly. Plus well I hate Windows and the constant updates.

I used a Macbook Pro during my college days and I currently have a Mac at home.
I like apple because I have everything saved in my iCloud, so I can access any information from my iPhone, iPad, MacBook, and mac.

However, I use PC at work so I don't mind both. :)☕

I learned on a Mac almost 34 years ago. My first several computers were Macs and I still use a Mac at work.

Last year I purchased a PC and I couldn't be happier with the switch. I still have the Mac and about the only thing I use if for is Garageband. I've yet to find a comparable free or low cost program for the PC.

For my work I used Adobe software and Excel. The Adobe software runs fast on the PC and Excel is easier for me to use on the PC.

One thing I'll say about Apple products is that they last a long time. The software on all my older Macs held up well with upgrades and that allowed many years of service with those computers.

As far as speed, the PC I bought last year is very fast, holding up well against the older Mac Pro workstation I use at work.

Apple -- everything, and two, three or more of most devices.

Plus, I need AAPL to soar for the next 10 years.

Always been a PC guy. I have an old iPad and have been using iPhones for several years now. I don't hate them, but I do dislike the lack of flexibility of Apple stuff. Frome them, you simply get what they offer, and that's it. With the various PC offerings, if you don't like something or want to add something, easy-peasy. Even more, you can easily build whatever you want or need.

It used to be an old standard that music production required Mac. That's simply not the case anymore. In fact, there are more options for PC now than Mac. Apple products seem like more of a lifestyle brand than anything consumer friendly. Just not into that.

PC. I am in data and Power BI is incredible so I will use a PC forever probably.

Replacing/upgrading devices within the apple ecosystem (including laptops) are a major advantage over PCs. I dread upgrading windows based laptops or major OS upgrades. With apple, I sign into iCloud and select a backup file and my new device is set up just like my old device.

I agree with this. My way around this is that I use Dropbox for all of my files then all I need to do is make sure my email is current.

The Office 365 suite is most disappointing on Mac. It’s several generations behind the Windows based versions, which is ashamed. Going between the two is also quite a challenge since things and Options are not even in the same place.

That is what drove me from the Mac previously. How poor the Office suite is and particularly Outlook is terrible.

Switched to Mac's years ago. I don't have as strong a preference today as I did then. In general, I find I get a little longer and lower hassle life from Macs. This is mostly due to Apple's control over hardware and drivers. I also work with a couple of Linux servers and for my low level hack usage, ssh via terminal app on Macs is easy peasy.

Got my first Mac in 1988. I’ve always loved how they have always been so reliable and easy to use. Plug and play, didn’t need new drivers to hook up stuff. I was never a gamer. We ran a desktop graphics business and Macs did that very well.

Mostly Mac... my old desktop was a PC but it suffered a power supply failure. That finally made it to the recycling center. I kept the hard drive and use it in an external housing on my netbook which is Windows XP (yeah, I know. Don't @ me because I don't care that it's not supported and insecure.) I also use it on my laptop which is Windows 10 (but won't support Windows 11) so I think I'm finally going to kick PC's to the curb.

I've got a Mac mini in my office but my wife uses that space for her work from home. Maybe one day I'll get that back.:confused2::LOL::rolleyes:

Had a MacBook for years but when it gave up the ghost I bought a pic as it’s better for gaming and it’s all I really use the laptop for. Take the gaming out of the equation though and I found the MacBook a much better product and experience.

Apple totally overpriced. My $500 windows 10 HP laptop completely outperforms my step daughter's $1500 mac book

It depends on your use, business, most likely Micro$oft would be your best option (lower price, more available support and software), home, mostly internet browsing, have other Apple products IPad and/or Mac

Back