?

• 🍎

Votes: 34 45.3%
  • PC

Votes: 37 49.3%
  • Other

Votes: 4 5.3%

• Total voters
PC user here. I'm lost on any Apple product.

In my personal life it's been all Apple basically forever. I use Windows at work because I have no choice. Apple's system is much easier to use and works much more smoothly. Although recently the differences have become much less significant as more and more things move to the cloud and google apps. But I'll never get a chromebook. Chromebook seems to be French for crappy computer

Its Apple all day for me! Sure they are expensive but it is quality. I have my PC for work but I hate the thing.

I have an iMac that's 13 years old and still working, although it's finally starting to get a little sluggish and the fan is getting a bit noisy. My current iMac is 6 years old and still runs like brand new. I'm not sure how old my Macbook is, but I think it's older than the old iMac, and still works.

I passed my iPhone 5 on to a friend years ago, it's 9 years old and he's still using it as his main phone. I kept my iPhone XS for 3 years, the battery was at 79% capacity and was ready for a replacement, but other than that it still looked and performed like brand new. Product longevity is one thing I've never had a problem with regarding Apple products.

PC because Apple is too overpriced and because I cant stand Apple and their, "everything we make is perfect" attitude.

My home desktop is a MAC Mini, Laptop is a MacBook Pro. the wife have a macbook pro and a MAC 24" all in one Desktop

I have a windows laptop that is expressly for Relating updates to my Ford Pick Up ECU. My work computer is a Windows PC Network, but as far as what i own, We do MAC

I have heard in the past that Apple Macs are incredibly easy and intuitive to use. However PC is what I started on, and what I've gotten used to. So, it works for me. I also remember my buddy buying a new laptop loaded up with a fresh version of Win 8! What a disaaster that thing was! He asked me to come over and look at his laptop since he knew I'd been using a computer for years. It took me a a half an hour to figure out how to shut the damned thing down!

I love my iPhone and iPad because they lock things down and give you little choice in doing things. Sounds strange but it makes using those devices easier. What’s also strange is that’s also the reason I love my PCs and won’t use a Mac. On a real computer those limitations make getting work done much harder and much more frustrating.

I switched over to a Mac Book Air and don’t plan to go back. Also my phone, I pad, Ear Buds are all Apple.

PC.
That's what my employer uses and I have multiple pc's at home.
I do have 2 ipads at home but don't really use them other than when we travel.

PC at work, Apple at home.

Just ordered two new 27" iMac's for work. Costco had them $300 off and today was the last day. Mine is 5 yrs old, time for an upgrade haha

Just ordered two new 27" iMac's for work. Costco had them $300 off and today was the last day. Mine is 5 yrs old, time for an upgrade haha
Was that the previous generation before M1 chip?

Yeah they still don't have M1 chip in the 27"
I didn't think so. I thought about going that route, but was afraid of being locked out of a few programs if they make the full switch to M1.

I have used both. I far prefer Apple. I don't have problems with it.Plus my kids all use Mac's so getting their help is easier and I love to let them have time to tell me what I don't know.

I didn't think so. I thought about going that route, but was afraid of being locked out of a few programs if they make the full switch to M1.
I hope that wouldn't be the case but the smaller 24" ones with M1 chips don't allow memory upgrades beyond 16GB which you have to do at ordering. The 27" you can add up to 128GB and actually have video cards vs onboard. Not to mention the 27" has more plugs/ports without having to buy adapters. I thought it was hard to ignore for the discount. Should be good for at least 2-3 years I would think/hope.

I hope that wouldn't be the case but the smaller 24" ones with M1 chips don't allow memory upgrades beyond 16GB which you have to do at ordering. The 27" you can add up to 128GB and actually have video cards vs onboard. Not to mention the 27" has more plugs/ports without having to buy adapters. I thought it was hard to ignore for the discount. Should be good for at least 2-3 years I would think/hope.
Yeah I am sure it is.

Up until my first kid went to college (with a PC) that did not last 2 years, we bought her a mac air. She still has and uses it. When kid #2 went, she with a MacBook pro, which I also bought for my wife and I. All three of these devices are at a MINIMUM 7 years old - and all are working superbly. I have never had a shared pc that did not crap out from some stupid thing or other - hardware, malware, etc. The macs...just work. Now, I do have issues with AirPrint (can do it from phone to my printer but not these computers - that's a pain).

1641581933287.gif

Up until my first kid went to college (with a PC) that did not last 2 years, we bought her a mac air. She still has and uses it. When kid #2 went, she with a MacBook pro, which I also bought for my wife and I. All three of these devices are at a MINIMUM 7 years old - and all are working superbly. I have never had a shared pc that did not crap out from some stupid thing or other - hardware, malware, etc. The macs...just work. Now, I do have issues with AirPrint (can do it from phone to my printer but not these computers - that's a pain).

I'm the same way. For work we've had HP's and they drove me crazy. Personal use I've always used MacBook Pros. Along with owning an iPhone and iPad, I've always found the ecosystem one that works together flawlessly. Don't know if I'd ever go back to a PC.

Back