Holy crap does that thing drain the battery. I mean the battery is **** to begin with, but the app killed me.
Worst battery life of any device I have ever used.

I havent worn mine in about 2 weeks, guess I'm over it?

Im actually thinking about offing mine. I love the notifications, but frankly having to charge a battery before the end of the day is tiresome.

Im actually thinking about offing mine. I love the notifications, but frankly having to charge a battery before the end of the day is tiresome.
It needs more features. I'll hold on to it to see what the next software update brings, but right now it's too plain. Especially when looking at the android smart watches.

It needs more features. I'll hold on to it to see what the next software update brings, but right now it's too plain. Especially when looking at the android smart watches.

They are night and day more usable. AAPL is notorious for 1st gen being replaced by something that is usable, so I am not sure we see a major OS update that makes this 1st gen solid.

I really like the looks of the gear S2.

that said, holding out for the next gen apple watch before making any decisions

Mine has been in a drawer for over a month. I think I'm going to sell it. I don't see the utility in it other than quickly setting a reminder/timer/appointment. I'd rather wear a watch that looks nice especially when nothing works on the Apple Watch unless I have my iPhone nearby anyway.

I tried using my Golfshot app with my watch but each time I swung the club I activated the button on the side of the watch. Aggravating. It may find its way into the marketplace soon.

Last edited:
They are night and day more usable. AAPL is notorious for 1st gen being replaced by something that is usable, so I am not sure we see a major OS update that makes this 1st gen solid.

I should add that during travel, its not a bad scenario as AA app works well, but it kills the battery even faster.
I do like the stock app though, quick glance at prices.

Masters app has an Apple Watch app. Features scoreboard in glances. Attn PGA Tour app...please copy. :)

Disappointed in myself that I didn't know this sooner.

Holy crap does that thing drain the battery. I mean the battery is **** to begin with, but the app killed me.

I can usually make it through the day on one charge right now, but if I use Arccos or another app like that it absolutely murders the battery.

I still wear mine, but as I have told everyone that will listen, save your money and wait for the next version.

I'm only down to 88%. Might be a combination of apps?

I'm only down to 88%. Might be a combination of apps?

Did you use the app?
I think that is part of the issue, I get a TON of emails each day, so it goes off a lot.

Did you use the app?
I think that is part of the issue, I get a TON of emails each day, so it goes off a lot.

Ah, that's probably it! If I had email piped to my watch I'd go insane.

Yeah email is the one notification I turned off on mine. Way to many work emails.

Yeah email is the one notification I turned off on mine. Way to many work emails.

I am the same way. I get notifications from texts, calls, whatsapp various other social media apps but no email. If I did the battery wouldn't last 8 hours and I would probably end up breaking it because I would be so damned annoyed.

I've been using mine for a month with a lot of notifications, using arccos when I play and never had an issue with the battery. Right now I have 68% left and have had it on since 5:30am.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been using mine for a month with a lot of notifications, using arccos when I play and never had an issue with the battery. Right now I have 68% left and have had it on since 5:30am.

You are very fortunate. The battery issue is all over the Internet and the complaints are loud.

You are very fortunate. The battery issue is all over the Internet and the complaints are loud.

Ya I've read a lot about those issues as well but I think I could get 2 days worth of battery out of this thing if I wanted to.

Ya I've read a lot about those issues as well but I think I could get 2 days worth of battery out of this thing if I wanted to.

Thats impressive. Thats even more than Apple says.

Thats impressive. Thats even more than Apple says.

Ya I'm never lower then 50% at the end of the day.

812c88ad1129071b1f701402b8bfe14b.jpg

After 12 hours... Including 2.5 of the hours using golf shot for gps for 9 holes

Word? I have had mine for a while, and usually by the end of the day I am at about 15%. When I play golf and use Arccos it might require a little juice to make it to bed time.

Impressed and slightly jealous.

I never get less than a full day, with heavy use (gps map to the golf course, replying to texts with it, and golf shot/ music control, then during hockey) it will get to about 25% but I always charge at night so I don't worry about it... However unlike JB I do NOT push my email to my watch

I havent had any battery issues with mine at all....had mine on since 6am.....it's now 1:15am...played 18 holes with Golfshot and I am still at 40%

I tried using my Golfshot app with my watch but each time I swung the club I activated the button on the side of the watch. Aggravating. It may find its way into the marketplace soon.

Which side do you have the crown? Your fix could easily be turning the watch around and putting the crown on the other side....it's as simple as going in the watch app on the phone and changing the crown side to either left or right. I keep my crown on the right....but i have one glove that for some reason will activate the button. So I simply flip the watch around and change the setting in the Apple Watch app. Lately I just don't wear that glove as it's not my favorite anyway lol.

Same experience here. I've had my watch since June last year...have never had an issue with the battery. Can't remember one day where it came close to dying before the end of my day.

I get a crap load of email with images from my home security camera every time it detects motion. Each of those emails loads 6 images/pics onto my watch and with other emails, texts, notifications I still end my typical days with 60% left....16+ hrs on my wrist. If I pay a round using golf shot it's probably 40-50% before I go to bed and throw it on the charger.

Back