April fools memories

fatboy

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
So. Do you have any APRIL FOOLS moments that stick out? I have 2.
1. I signed up for the army on april 1,st 1985. When i was in basic i was being ridden pretty hardby a drill sergeant. At one point i felt like a joke was in order. “Drill sergeant, my signing up for this **** on april 1st was a big april fools joke”. Yeah, im sure you can imagine my next few days. I ran more. Did more pushups. Cleaned the crappers. It was ugly. I did survive.
2. While in army, CNN had a morning sports show. One year they went all out on baseball with owners, players, even the commissioner. To make game quicker you would walk after 3 balls and strikeouts were 2
Strikes. I swear it was a 15 minute breaking news and we were in hook line and sinker. Until they all said “april fools”. That was way funnier than my #1
So, what you got?

1997 the April Fool's blizzard dumped over two feet of snow on us. Temperatures had been in the 50s and 60s for the prior five days.

Got promoted to E-4 on April Fools’ Day. Spent the entire day thinking someone was making a bad joke. A few years later I sewed in E-5 in the Air Force on April Fools’ Day. I was convinced it was an elaborate joke hatched during deployment where I was notified in a ceremony wearing civvies during our off-shift time. How real could that have really been?

I don’t really do April fools jokes after the year I flooded a bathroom, wired my sister’s closet shut, covered her mirror in permanent marker, put baby powder on her fan, and put metal jacks in her shoes.

opening day of trout fishing ended up being on april 1st a few years ago so i punked my wife. i started texting her that the guys fishing next to me seemed drunk, then i kept going on how they were being loudmouths and then that they started giving me some grief. i kept going back and forth with her about how they seem to be getting a little more aggressive with their comments. so she is pleading with me to move spots and of course i was like "no way, i got here first" etc....eventually i texted her that i had to knocked one of the guys out because he came over and pushed me. i ended up finding a picture, on the internet, of some bloody knuckles and sent them to her. i told her the game wardens were there now arresting the guys. i went on for alittle longer, then i said to her "what is todays date" she got the hint and started laughing pretty hard.

It’s not a good one lol some students put laxative in our teachers coffee in high school and she ended up needing to be hospitalized

Back