April Fool's Tournament Ideas

bhilton

Reaction score
Handicap
Every Tuesday night at our course we have a 9 hole scramble. I usually try to set the course up differently every week so it's not the same exact holes every time they come out to play. I wanted to do something special tomorrow since it's April Fool's, but I can't come up with any good ideas. Does anybody have anything they've seen done before that would work out great for an April Fools event?

Set up the tees in totally ridiculous locations. Local club around here did this - basically made all the tee shots twice as hard, and made it a scramble (they called it the Ball Buster). Sure to make everyone look like the April Fool!

Put a bunch of sucker pins or Stupid hard then super Easy hole locations alternating

2 pins on each greens. One is the real pin/cup & one is just stuck in the ground. They won't know which one to shoot at.

or

Make it a 3 club tournament. Each player can only take 3 clubs, but they can hit out of each others bag.

If you had more time they have these things that shoot your ball back out of the cup after putting. Can be pretty funny

Advertise that the winning team will get a chance at winning a Big Bertha driver. Have them draw straws, winner gets a Big Bertha from the 80s.

Advertise that the winning team will get a chance at winning a Big Bertha driver. Have them draw straws, winner gets a Big Bertha from the 80s.

Hahahahaha oh this is awesome

Another idea would be placing all of the pins off the greens so the players wouldnt know where the hole was until after they hit their approaches

or just no pins at all

2 pins on each greens. One is the real pin/cup & one is just stuck in the ground. They won't know which one to shoot at.

This was my initial thought as well. Put 2-3 pins on each hole, with only 1 real pin/cup.

or just no pins at all

I like this as well if you don't want to stick flags in the actual green or if you don't have enough flag sticks. Cut 1 hole but no flag so it basically guarantees the players won't know where the hole is until they're on the green.

I like the idea if no flags in the hole

Hidden cups, where the flag is in the green, but the hole is somewhere else.

Tees off the tee box in the rough.

Leave stuff in the way so it would be trouble if left there!

I played in an April fools tourney a cpl years back... The pins were EVERYWHERE!!! Middle of fairway, short, over or beside actual green, one was in a bunker, Absolute craziness but fun.. They had a circle painted around them like temp greens prob about 10ft .. Was a BLAST!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love that idea. I actually have one sitting in my office.

What about setting the greens up as a bit of mini-golf? Put some random objects like bricks or lawn chairs on the green that everyone has to putt around. It would also make it interesting with approach shots that land on a brick and bounce a mile away.

What about setting the greens up as a bit of mini-golf? Put some random objects like bricks or lawn chairs on the green that everyone has to putt around. It would also make it interesting with approach shots that land on a brick and bounce a mile away.

This would be awesome. Definitely have to get a clowns mouth in there somewhere.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Back