Aquarium enthusiasts alike

6ixOhFore

Husky Eyes
Reaction score
Handicap
I just got into the hobby and it has become an addiction just like golf is. Been leaning about the different species and varieties in the hobby off of YouTube. Recently I tried my hand in aquascaping as I have only a 6 and 10 gallon not much can be done but hoping to upgrade to a 30 in due time .

In my 6 gallon Fluval
Pepper Cori+2
Serbai Cori+2
Liquorice Gourami + 2
Rams horn snail + 3

And my 10 gallon Fluval
Congo tetra + 2
Blue Betta fish + 1
Panda Cori Doras +3

Can post up my set up soon

I just got into the hobby and it has become an addiction just like golf is. Been leaning about the different species and varieties in the hobby off of YouTube. Recently I tried my hand in aquascaping as I have only a 6 and 10 gallon not much can be done but hoping to upgrade to a 30 in due time .

In my 6 gallon Fluval
Pepper Cori+2
Serbai Cori+2
Liquorice Gourami + 2
Rams horn snail + 3

And my 10 gallon Fluval
Congo tetra + 2
Blue Betta fish + 1
Panda Cori Doras +3

Can post up my set up soon
nice tanks. I have a 40 gallon breeder with live plants. And a 120 gallon with MBuna.

I had a 120 reef setup for years until it sprung a leak. I'm hoping to setup a 40 breeder when I get home from deployment and during the next Petco sale.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Cool, I'd gotten into that a while ago. Had a 20 gal planted tank with soil substrate and fish for a few years. Worked great and I enjoyed trying to keep the balance of the fish, plants, CO2, and oxygen with only a pump (no filter or CO2 system). The elegance of the balanced system was fun to me :geek:.

Gave it up a few years ago when we moved, but might get back into it some day.

nice tanks. I have a 40 gallon breeder with live plants. And a 120 gallon with MBuna.
Wow that’s impressive .
That’s is impressive the cichlids are great fish. My buddy has 3 adult one and the female is pregnant. He wants to give me 3 of the babies when matures but since I have only the smallish tanks I feel will not let the fish thrive like it should. Cichlids, Angel fish and clownfish are in my list once I’ve gained experience to keep them properly.

I had a 120 reef setup for years until it sprung a leak. I'm hoping to setup a 40 breeder when I get home from deployment and during the next Petco sale.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
You should it’s a cool hobby for sure, wish I got into earlier. Reef tanks make my jaw drop some layouts I’ve seen are unreal. Keep safe

Cool, I'd gotten into that a while ago. Had a 20 gal planted tank with soil substrate and fish for a few years. Worked great and I enjoyed trying to keep the balance of the fish, plants, CO2, and oxygen with only a pump (no filter or CO2 system). The elegance of the balanced system was fun to me :geek:.

Gave it up a few years ago when we moved, but might get back into it some day.
That is what I have my 6 edge is my planted tank with soil substrate. 8 plants right now along with 2 moss balls. 1 large drift wood and medium rock. Still have it on filter for now as in new and still learning the ropes. But with all these plants and Coris they keep the tank so clean

Wow that’s impressive .
That’s is impressive the cichlids are great fish. My buddy has 3 adult one and the female is pregnant. He wants to give me 3 of the babies when matures but since I have only the smallish tanks I feel will not let the fish thrive like it should. Cichlids, Angel fish and clownfish are in my list once I’ve gained experience to keep them properly.

Africans are really hardy fish. the challenge is dealing with aggression. My planted tank was full CO2 system, but that was a lot of work to maintain. Phoenix water is perfect for African Cichlids...but really bad for live plants. (Super Hard). For the CO2 to really work I had to use 100% RO water, and that was a pain. So my plants have gravitated to one they don't care about CO2. Just good light and aquasoil...

Africans are really hardy fish. the challenge is dealing with aggression. My planted tank was full CO2 system, but that was a lot of work to maintain. Phoenix water is perfect for African Cichlids...but really bad for live plants. (Super Hard). For the CO2 to really work I had to use 100% RO water, and that was a pain. So my plants have gravitated to one they don't care about CO2. Just good light and aquasoil...
I hope to get an African in the next year for sure they are awesome to watch. And very very aggressive for sure. Just watching them feed it’s quick to see. Even my Congo’s they are so aggressive come feeding time. Lost 2 gormali like that they took off the fins, poor guy trying to swim but nope. Couldn’t save them unfortunately.

When you go for the Africans...get the largest foot print tank you can afford/fit in your space. height does not matter. Go way overboard with filtration. I have to very large canister filters on my 120 gallon. I wish it was a 125 gallon because that would have been a foot longer. Do a fishless cycle, so that you can stock with all the fish you hope to keep. if they all grow up together it will be better than trying to introduce adults later. Finally go either 100% male fish. or 1M:4-7F depending on species. Lots of resources online to figure out what species work well together. Definitely never a dull moment.

I'd get my tank back, but I really love the open top, and the wife got cats.... so idk

When you go for the Africans...get the largest foot print tank you can afford/fit in your space. height does not matter. Go way overboard with filtration. I have to very large canister filters on my 120 gallon. I wish it was a 125 gallon because that would have been a foot longer. Do a fishless cycle, so that you can stock with all the fish you hope to keep. if they all grow up together it will be better than trying to introduce adults later. Finally go either 100% male fish. or 1M:4-7F depending on species. Lots of resources online to figure out what species work well together. Definitely never a dull moment.
Getting a new place hopefully this time next year so I have some time to research this all. Seen a few 75 gallon for a good price but I want a nice planted community aquarium. Might be too squished for them. 125 and up yeah that’s my goal for sure. I appreciate the insight

Getting a new place hopefully this time next year so I have some time to research this all. Seen a few 75 gallon for a good price but I want a nice planted community aquarium. Might be too squished for them. 125 and up yeah that’s my goal for sure. I appreciate the insight

Africans will eat/destroy plants. My african tank is rocks and sand. There are some of the smaller africans that would do well in a 75. but the bigger rowdy ones...need more space.

ive always wanted a piranha...

Africans will eat/destroy plants. My african tank is rocks and sand. There are some of the smaller africans that would do well in a 75. but the bigger rowdy ones...need more space.
My buddy’s tank with Africans are rock and sand only too . That may be an option for me

I used to have a 75 gallon saltwater tank several years ago. After losing several hundred dollars in fish due to an anemone puking it's guts up and turning the whole tank white while I was gone for a weekend, I gave it up. I have been considering getting back in the salt but going more of a reef tank system. Maybe this winter....

I used to have a 75 gallon saltwater tank several years ago. After losing several hundred dollars in fish due to an anemone puking it's guts up and turning the whole tank white while I was gone for a weekend, I gave it up. I have been considering getting back in the salt but going more of a reef tank system. Maybe this winter....
I had an algee problem but added some otto’s and now everything is all fine . Salt water is something I would like to get into once I gain more experience in the hobby

Added 6 Angelfish as one of my Congo tetra passed. He was gifted to a lady who had a handful of them. Now he’s more happy with new friends. . 33C6E78A-BADF-4388-AF1B-99034616E2DB.jpeg

Back