Arcadia Bluffs in July?

It would be great to get together with some other THPer's and the course is only 45 mins from my house, but the rates are a bit too high for my taste. You may want to avoid "Senior Tuesdays".

Enjoy the trip.

It would be great to get together with some other THPer's and the course is only 45 mins from my house, but the rates are a bit too high for my taste. You may want to avoid "Senior Tuesdays".

Enjoy the trip.
Please let me know if you change your mind. I'll also be frequenting Hemlock if you'd rather meet up there some time (though I'm not sure if that adds or subtracts to your commute)

I'll be coming from Saugatuck. St. Joe is only another 20 min.
No clue where any of that is. I know there's a jack nicklaus course next to where we're staying ;)

Please let me know if you change your mind. I'll also be frequenting Hemlock if you'd rather meet up there some time (though I'm not sure if that adds or subtracts to your commute)
Looks like a fun course. It's only about an hour away, so no problem. If you're ok playing with a high capper, I'm up for it.

Please let me know which day as it gets closer and I'll ask for the day off.

No clue where any of that is. I know there's a jack nicklaus course next to where we're staying ;)

Are you staying at the Grand Traverse Resort by chance?

Edit: I just read your previous post. Sorry.

Looks like a fun course. It's only about an hour away, so no problem. If you're ok playing with a high capper, I'm up for it.

Please let me know which day as it gets closer and I'll ask for the day off.

Are you staying at the Grand Traverse Resort by chance?

Edit: I just read your previous post. Sorry.
Something Shores, I'm honestly not sure. My mother in law is taking care of it all.

I want to say it's hole number 12 (the tee box in my avatar). It's been a long time but they told us about it before we started our round. Either way it's an awesome course.
It is the 12th hole. I'll post some pictures tomorrow. Sadly I don't know how to resize photos using my Mac.

It's about a 6 hour drive from home, but having played it last year I'd love to get back and play it again. Provided the border is open I can't think of a reason I don't want to.

In full @Space Bandito fashion, maybe I'll start posting Arcadia Bluffs Photo of the Day starting tomorrow until I run out of pictures.

Open image In preview. In the tools (maybe menu) you can resize
Tried that. It went from a decent size to almost a thumbnail. I've owned a Mac for 10 years, and never really learned how to use anything other than Safari, Mail and iTunes. I'll do them with my PC as I know how to and it's quick. I've got a lot to post, so I'll spend some time tomorrow on my day off getting everything ready.

Harbor shores is close to my folks. I'll at there any time. It's a great course
I was checking that course out last night. Nice looking course. Shame our trip to Mt. Pleasant that was supposed to start on Monday got pushed back to September. Starting to salivate for MI golf - I hope they open the border soon!

It's about 2 hours from where I'll be staying. I suppose if we had enough people we could split a cabin. I hadn't really thought about spending the night there - as I was originally intending to play 36 then drive down to Ludington to play my favorite course the next day.
Obviously it depends on how much of an "experience" you are looking for, but when we played it last year the lodging rate pretty much chewed up the equivalent of two greens fees. While it would be a cool experience with the right group I'm sure, for us splitting a hotel room and getting another round of golf for less than the cost of one night @ Arcadia was the sensible choice. Having been to the course, the lodging option looks really sweet. You're above the clubhouse, you can walk down in the morning for breakfast, your clubs will be on your cart and after you play 36 and kill some time at the bar it's only a few steps to your room. Yeah, I can see the attractiveness in that.

Not to mention the view of the sunset from the back deck overlooking the course:love::love::love:

Played there a few summers ago, and it’s 100% worth it. Will absolutely play again if I get the chance to. I was lucky and staying with friends who have a place in Arcadia so it was a no-brainer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fa76f3a6ee82f3504ffc159a1f3b6542.jpg

This is from the tee box where people hit a ball into the water. Can’t really tell from the picture but that water is probably 200ft below where you are standing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are there any other courses with paying that area? Will you be around there at the end of July? I'll definitely be playing the JN course a time or two while we're there.

Are there any other courses with paying that area? Will you be around there at the end of July? I'll definitely be playing the JN course a time or two while we're there.
It's not exactly "next door" to another course if you were thinking of playing 36 although the South Course gives you that option. If you're looking at a 2 hour radius, you can't swing a dead cat without hitting another course. You could easily make a 4 or 5 day trip out of it

Obviously it depends on how much of an "experience" you are looking for, but when we played it last year the lodging rate pretty much chewed up the equivalent of two greens fees. While it would be a cool experience with the right group I'm sure, for us splitting a hotel room and getting another round of golf for less than the cost of one night @ Arcadia was the sensible choice. Having been to the course, the lodging option looks really sweet. You're above the clubhouse, you can walk down in the morning for breakfast, your clubs will be on your cart and after you play 36 and kill some time at the bar it's only a few steps to your room. Yeah, I can see the attractiveness in that.

Not to mention the view of the sunset from the back deck overlooking the course:love::love::love:
I've played there many times. Usually just drive up for the day, play, drink, drive home. I was just thinking if we had guys making the trip

Sadly when you're on the course you don't get to see the bluff that borders the lake. It is a couple hundred feet of vertical.
Arcadia Bluffs Cost.jpg

It's not exactly "next door" to another course if you were thinking of playing 36 although the South Course gives you that option. If you're looking at a 2 hour radius, you can't swing a dead cat without hitting another course. You could easily make a 4 or 5 day trip out of it
Is that Arcadia Bluffs or Harbor Shores? Sorry I brought in the crosstalk about a different course 😆

Is that Arcadia Bluffs or Harbor Shores? Sorry I brought in the crosstalk about a different course 😆
It okay, I kinda hijacked the thread myself LOL. I was referring to Arcadia - the addition of the South course gave them the option of becoming a legitimate golf destination. Very similar to what Forest Dunes did with the Loop. The courses are located where they are to take advantage of the topography, which results in them being not really close to anything else, so a second eighteen holes is almost a necessity to make it viable. Plus, it's a win-win for us hackers

Not to mention the bag piper that plays at dusk. Adds a great feel to sitting around the 18th green watching other groups finish up.
E938D3AB-DDCB-4A99-AE01-10DD46210E63.png

If you're there the last week of July and want to watch someone hit 3 balls off the tee into the woods/water, LMK! I can almost guarantee I'll make you feel better about your golf game. 😆 I'm going to play it while I'm there if the weather cooperates.

If you're there the last week of July and want to watch someone hit 3 balls off the tee into the woods/water, LMK! I can almost guarantee I'll make you feel better about your golf game. 😆 I'm going to play it while I'm there if the weather cooperates.
I should be there. I'll keep you posted.

Back