Arccos and Ping (or Cobra for the matter) setup ??

tucsoncacti

Team Paradise/2021 MC Winner/Heading to Gray Bull
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Ok so my FIL got a new set of pings, they come with Arccos. He lives in Illinois, and is coming to AZ to visit. So here is my question....at this time he does not want to bring all of his clubs, if he brings a few out will I be able to setup arccos for him and the other clubs will transfer over when he gets back home?

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

You would just sync up the clubs and sensors he brings with him. He would need to install and sync the other clubs when back home.

^^what he said. You can show him how to do it and he would have to add the others when he got home. Once caveat is that he could not play and use Arccos until he has all of them setup (I believe).

It would be tough to play a round without all of the clubs paired, I think. Let’s say he has driver and no 6 iron: he hits drive and next shot is 6i, it wouldn’t register how long the drive went. At least that is my theory, I have never tried playing with less than 14 paired clubs

Set up is super simple. It took me less than 5 minutes. All 14 sensors don’t need to be synced. I’m only playing 13 clubs in my bag. The extra sensor sits in the packaging waiting for me to decide what the next club will be. You can set up what sensors and clubs he has and it will play and track those clubs you have set up only. It’s cool tech and even better that they were free from Ping. Just keep in mind to check the putts at the end of each hole. It doesn’t always pick up those little taps, or gimme putts - so you will need to add those (super easy to do). Also, keep the phone in your front pocket, it reads the sensors better than in you back pocket or golf cart. I believe they’re coming out with a fob or dongle of some sorts (so you can keep your phone in the cart or bag), but last I heard it was on back order.

It would be tough to play a round without all of the clubs paired, I think. Let’s say he has driver and no 6 iron: he hits drive and next shot is 6i, it wouldn’t register how long the drive went. At least that is my theory, I have never tried playing with less than 14 paired clubs
That is correct. It’s only going to measure distances for the clubs you’re using that are paired. So if he hits his Driver w/sensor, but uses your 7i (no sensor), and finally uses his Putter w/sensor, it would register that he drove to the green and wouldn’t count the 7i used. If that’s the case, where he’s using clubs that are yours or don’t have sensors, he can always ‘add’ shots to the app, but would have to do it while playing to get the most accurate distances. Adjustments can be made at anytime in the round or after. Hope I made sense to all of this @tucsoncacti

And as to what @AzGolfer said you CAN add shots but only with clubs that are registered so without having a 7i sensor scanned you couldn't mark that you hit it. Now you could just mark any club and write it down and then go back and put in correct club after scanning them all in.

Awesome guys thank you. I kind of assumed what you were all saying, just never used arccos (played around with Game Golf). He mentioned last night that he just may bring them all out then head over to Ping and let them show him. Poor guy is excited but scared at the same time. I seriously wonder how tech is going to effect me at that age.

Awesome guys thank you. I kind of assumed what you were all saying, just never used arccos (played around with Game Golf). He mentioned last night that he just may bring them all out then head over to Ping and let them show him. Poor guy is excited but scared at the same time. I seriously wonder how tech is going to effect me at that age.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

THe sync of clubs is really easy to do. The app takes you through it all. (y)

I am the family tech support guy for everything. Have an older aunt that I regularly remote into her PC to look at an email that she thought sounded suspicious. More times that not, it is just spam and I tell her to just delete it.

Don't get me started on how long it takes to help her change a password on one of her investment accounts. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Back