Arccos Caddie 2.0

when my 360 sensors die I think I will be done with Arccos. Every round out of the last 5 has been a significant problem, the superstroke attachment while it fits on the grip has not helped at all with picking up putts.

I love the data it provides when working, but the point of going to this instead of the others where you had to tap a club when you use it is pretty much gone since I have to check every single shot to make sure it is read.

Weakest part of the Arccos is flag placement and putter stats. I gave up trying to get those accurate and the system thinks my putting is way better than it is and my chipping is way worse. I used to try and edit after rounds or place pins accurately. The thing is, even when you place the pin accurately, the system often doesn’t pick up where your first putt was from. By not worrying if those are accurate, they system is more fun for me to use.
Yeah, haven't even gotten into placing the flag on the green using the app. Think I will just keep going with it for awhile longer to make sure I get my club distances dialed in as I improve. I knew when I received the sensors initially, the putter one was going to be an issue as it's implementation is not as easy to get onto the club like the others. I ended up having to hot glue the sensor onto the end of the club. :dohanim:

After 30 years i let the moths out of my wallet and bought some new clubs, well i thought they were new, turns out they were fro 2017/18. I got a set of the Cobra Forged Black TEC irons with the black shafts, they look too good to hit.

The problem i have is that they come with the Arccos Caddie and you have no say in that. This thing to me is a waste of time. I do not need a machine to tell me how many puts i have taken or how many shots or even how far i have hit them, i dont know if anybody agrees with me or not. I cannot understand why a club maker would sell their products with this thing fitted, its useless for practice, it doesnt work at any range, only on the golf course, so what is the point of it. The other thing is you have to carry it in your front pocket and turned on, i thought you werent allowed to have phones turned on when you are playing.

Just looking for any information from other people with a similar experience.

If you’re not a fan of the Arccos grips, its easy enough to re-grip the clubs. There are quite a few folks here, myself included, that use Arccos. It provides a ton of data about your game, and can show you where the weak spots in your game are. That being said, it’s certainly not something everyone would want or need.

I pretty typically keep my phone in my front pocket anyway, so it’s not something that bothers me. I also use the GPS included in the app for getting my yardages.

Just put new grips on them that you like. I played mine with the stock grips for awhile and when it was time to change them I put what I liked on them. Give Arccos a chance though. You can really learn a lot about your game with it. My only major gripe was having my phone in my pocket all the time and having it interfere with listening to music while I play. I wish every now and then I still had it occasionally just to see what I am doing after a round a bit more clearly.

after 2 rounds you dont even remember your phone is in your pocket. Its very accurate on telling you how far you hit your clubs..... worst comes to worst its a free GPS rangefinder of the course youre playing. You can get measurements to hazards or layup spots

I find it quite useful. Do I absolutely need it to play?? No. But I really like Arccos and will continue to use them

As others have mentioned the system is designed to help you look at stats, figure out your weaknesses and allow you to work on your game. If it’s a no go for you, throw some new grips on them and enjoy!!

I used the full Arcoss system last year in my F9’s. I liked kit a lot. Not only for tracking purposes but as a gps. It was also nice on courses that I haven’t played before as it gave me a decent club selection. It still does some weird stuff but I’ll be using it again once the 2 feet of snow is gone.

I’m confused, they may come with Cobra Connect grips but no one is forcing you to use Arccos caddie. Looks like you have two options, regrip the clubs to your preferred grip, or keep the current grips and just never use the Arccos app. Just because you have Cobra connect grips does not mean you need to pair the clubs with the app and use it.

No one forces you to use it. The club still works fine without it. If it bothers you that much, replace the grip.

Arccos is a great system. I’ve been a user since it’s release in 2014.

First, welcome to THP.

I think Arccos could benefit 90% of the players out there. It builds such a nice data base and, even as a single digit handicap, I am surprised to learn things I would not have seen without this database. Respectfully, some of the things you stated might indicate that you don’t understand what its purpose really is. The phone in my pocket does not bother me in the least.

However, as others have said, just use the grips and forget about Arccos and regrip when the time comes, if Arccos is not your thing.

Fixed title for spelling

Also if you don't like it, don't use it. Many people find benefit from this system but it's not for everyone.

I used Arccos Caddie all of last season. I did not use the Caddie feature so much, but I really liked going back and looking at the rounds and seeing the stats. If you don't like it, don't use it.

I used Arccos Caddie all of last season. I did not use the Caddie feature so much, but I really liked going back and looking at the rounds and seeing the stats. If you don't like it, don't use it.

I am pondering adding it. Did you have it with the built-in grips, or add the sensors to the butt end?

I've really started to rely on the arccos data. Knowing the ranges I hit clubs on course and helped so much. I'm not over estimating based on range time and a few launch meter readings. The really neat stats come into play once you've played enough rounds with them. Even with my high capping game, I find the data one how I play a course. good holes, bad holes, etc. helps highlight the aspects of my game that I need to work on. Getting to watch these numbers improve really stokes the fire to play more golf.

1579104298363.png

I understand why some would not like the Arccos System. Myself, I am a big believer in knowing as much data as possible for my game. That way I know what to try and practice on the range and greens.

However, yours is an easy fix in that you simply just regrip the clubs.

On the other side of thinking about why the club manufacturer includes the grips automatically, it makes it much easier and doesn't change the club weight for those that want to use the Arccos Caddie system. I have both the Arccos 360 screw in tabs and Cobra Connect (built-in the grip). I very much prefer the Cobra Connect system for Arccos. I want to eventually replace all of my grips to include the Arccos Caddie.

I really like where golf is going when it comes to showing all of your data and even recording my shots to keep score is a bonus. But, that is just me.

am pondering adding it. Did you have it with the built-in grips, or add the sensors to the butt end?

I have the screw in sensors. They did not bother me one bit, although I know some people have issues with them because of the placement.

I have the screw in sensors. They did not bother me one bit, although I know some people have issues with them because of the placement.

It is certainly cheaper, and easier to transfer to new clubs. I am hard pondering them

It is certainly cheaper, and easier to transfer to new clubs. I am hard pondering them

that was part of my thinking because during a season clubs go in and out, esp for reviews.

that was part of my thinking because during a season clubs go in and out, esp for reviews.

Edit: One more thing... Do you use phone or watch? I think I read that they integrate with Apple Watch now instead of requiring the phone in the pocket. With a Iphone 11 Pro Max it is kind of annoying to have in pocket.

Or in my case.. because I just like new stuff.

Glad to hear they don't bother you.

the putter one is the only one for me that was iffy. But it works well on the Lamkin grip I switched to. I was using a Pingman grip early in the year and it was a bit funky because it would shift forward.

Edit: One more thing... Do you use phone or watch? I think I read that they integrate with Apple Watch now instead of requiring the phone in the pocket. With a Iphone 11 Pro Max it is kind of annoying to have in pocket.

I used my iPhone X. I thought about grabbing the watch for it. I got over the phone in pocket thing rather quickly. Minor annoyance at first, but like everything else, it just becomes no big deal. There are guys who use their watch, I remember them chatting about it during the season.

BTW if they ever come out with the Arccos Link they've been talking about for a year, I would buy it instantly.

I used my iPhone X. I thought about grabbing the watch for it. I got over the phone in pocket thing rather quickly. Minor annoyance at first, but like everything else, it just becomes no big deal. There are guys who use their watch, I remember them chatting about it during the season.

Thanks Dean... You are the best. :cool:

Back