Arccos Caddie 2.0

BTW if they ever come out with the Arccos Link they've been talking about for a year, I would buy it instantly.

I think they took pre-orders on them at one point.. Now it seems like they are kinda MIA

I think they took pre-orders on them at one point.. Now it seems like they are kinda MIA

maybe @jdtox can get some answers for us next week. Hold their feet to the fire bro.

maybe @jdtox can get some answers for us next week. Hold their feet to the fire bro.
I will try. I've been waiting myself to the point I don't even care anymore

that was part of my thinking because during a season clubs go in and out, esp for reviews.

I also think they screw-ins are cheaper from an annual subscription standpoint. As far as I know the screw-ins require no subscription to use Arccos (may be changing in future),but the grips do require an annual subscription to use arccos.

I had issues with the phone in the pocket with my iPhone 6 and battery pack. it started missing 60+ % of my shots. but upgraded to the new 11 and now it's rather flawless. I love the phone in the pocket because I can easily measure distance to layup or targets on the fly.

if i'm not mistaken, you can order these clubs with different grips if you don't want the arccos specific grips.

I will say that the first gen arccos grips did not feel the same as normal non-arccos grips. I didn't love the feel, they felt very thin and pretty slippery.

All of that said, I love the arccos data. I never minded having the phone in my pocket. Tracking the stats was extremely helpful over a number of rounds. It never told me anything about my game that I didn't know, but it did help me know my distances much better.

I went away from using the system in 2019 because I switched to a putter with a countercore in the grip, and I couldn't log putts. It really messed up the entire data collection, and editing after the fact was too much of a hassle. I think they have a solution for this, so I am considering buying arccos grips for my Grandaddy clubs and the new putter sensor, and using the system again.

if i'm not mistaken, you can order these clubs with different grips if you don't want the arccos specific grips.

I will say that the first gen arccos grips did not feel the same as normal non-arccos grips. I didn't love the feel, they felt very thin and pretty slippery.

All of that said, I love the arccos data. I never minded having the phone in my pocket. Tracking the stats was extremely helpful over a number of rounds. It never told me anything about my game that I didn't know, but it did help me know my distances much better.

I went away from using the system in 2019 because I switched to a putter with a countercore in the grip, and I couldn't log putts. It really messed up the entire data collection, and editing after the fact was too much of a hassle. I think they have a solution for this, so I am considering buying arccos grips for my Grandaddy clubs and the new putter sensor, and using the system again.

I really really hope at some point they can figure out something different for the putters. I swear I remember seeing something for SS grips specifically at some point :unsure:

here is the countercore putter solution they have, may only work with superstroke grips though.

Last edited:
here is the countercore putter solution they have, may not work with superstroke grips though.

why wouldn't it work with superstroke grips? the name of the accessory is "SuperStroke Putter Grip Accessory" in the link lol

Supposedly the new upgrade coming doesn't require you to keep the phone in your pocket

why wouldn't it work with superstroke grips? the name of the accessory is "SuperStroke Putter Grip Accessory" in the link lol

typo - that “not” should say “only”

Supposedly the new upgrade coming doesn't require you to keep the phone in your pocket

fingers crossed they get the tech figured out. Was supposed to be released last year.

Edit: One more thing... Do you use phone or watch? I think I read that they integrate with Apple Watch now instead of requiring the phone in the pocket. With a Iphone 11 Pro Max it is kind of annoying to have in pocket.

This would be great. I wear an Apple Watch and dislike a phone in my front pocket.

I picked up sensors end of last season from the Ping promo. I played a couple of rounds with it. I need a lot more time to figure out how to better use Arccos as I play. I'm not a fan of looking at my phone or fiddling with an app. I just want to play. The data will be fantastic, so I will give it a solid go this season.

I love the data that Arccos provides, and as someone who plays golf, I want to try to be the best player I can mindful of the time I can devote to the game. It's a simple enough system to use (I have the screw in tags)if you like to keep a historical account of how you play. If not, do as others suggest and either re-grip or use the clubs without pairing them to the Arccos app.

BTW, for those of you discussing/pondering whether to add Arccos, be aware that if you become a user through the purchase of either Cobra or Ping clubs or by purchasing a set of grips through Arccos, the service is subscription based, with an annual fee. However the screw in sensors, when purchased as a package, do not require an annual subscription. Arccos is claiming in email promotions that this is going to end. Arccos has been known to flip flop on its marketing, offerings, but it is something to keep in mind.

FYI there is a whole thread on here already discussing many of these very same things...

BTW if they ever come out with the Arccos Link they've been talking about for a year, I would buy it instantly.

My buddy cancelled his Ping Arccos trial because of the battery drain on his phone. They told him they'd extend the trial to May 1st and put him on the email list for the Caddie Link. I'm guessing they're getting a lot of pushback from Ping Arccos trial users about either having to have a bulky phone in your pocket and/or batter drain (my main two complaints as well). But it also leads me to think they MAY have the device by then?

FWIW, battery drain on my android phone pulls it down to about 35% by the end of the round and this is NOT accessing the phone for anything. Apparently, for iphones, it's a lot better.

But it also leads me to think they MAY have the device by then?

I know they are working on some other software updates that should be good to go in the next couple months, and based on the roadblocks they ran into last year I would be very surprised to see the Link device in May.

fingers crossed they get the tech figured out. Was supposed to be released last year.

I am one of the beta testers for the Arccos Apple watch and not having to keep the phone in your pocket.

Sorry to say it has been a mess all last year. The system would miss shots and putts way too many times. I really like the option to click the pin location, but that didn't work half the time. It became so annoying that I went back to using the phone in my pocket at the end of last year.

I know they also took preorders for the link but that had so many issues it hasn't been released yet. Not sure if they offered refunds on the link or not.

I am hoping they can get both the tech ready for this year in both the link and keeping the phone away from your pocket and watch app. I also am hoping they get more grip options available with the sensors built-in for the subscription. I like Lamkin but I prefer golf pride. They only have one golf pride option available I believe. Also, you have to pay for the subscription upfront. I need an option to buy additional grips when available and not have to pay the subscription since I already have one.

I know they also took preorders for the link but that had so many issues it hasn't been released yet. Not sure if they offered refunds on the link or not.

I am hoping they can get both the tech ready for this year in both the link and keeping the phone away from your pocket and watch app. I also am hoping they get more grip options available with the sensors built-in for the subscription. I like Lamkin but I prefer golf pride. They only have one golf pride option available I believe. Also, you have to pay for the subscription upfront. I need an option to buy additional grips when available and not have to pay the subscription since I already have one.

I still have my preorder for the link, as I plan on buying it once it comes out anyway so no reason for me to cancel. They also did not charge any cards at time of preorder so there is no need to refund anything, but folks do have the option to cancel their preorder if they want.

It is interesting that they don't sell the grips with no sensors (like they do on the Cobra site, not sure about Ping). With Cobra you can buy new grips and move the sensor from your old grips to the new. Cobra has two golf pride grip options (Tour Velvet and MCC +4), not positive on the offerings that Ping has but pretty sure they have a few different Golf Pride grips as well.

Last edited:
Back