Arccos Caddie 2.0

if i'm not mistaken, you can order these clubs with different grips if you don't want the arccos specific grips.

I will say that the first gen arccos grips did not feel the same as normal non-arccos grips. I didn't love the feel, they felt very thin and pretty slippery.

All of that said, I love the arccos data. I never minded having the phone in my pocket. Tracking the stats was extremely helpful over a number of rounds. It never told me anything about my game that I didn't know, but it did help me know my distances much better.

I went away from using the system in 2019 because I switched to a putter with a countercore in the grip, and I couldn't log putts. It really messed up the entire data collection, and editing after the fact was too much of a hassle. I think they have a solution for this, so I am considering buying arccos grips for my Grandaddy clubs and the new putter sensor, and using the system again.

I cut the wide screw off and used 3M™ VHB™ Tape 4910 to stick it to the top of the grip. This tape has incredible hold.

I had issues handing the shot detection over to the watch. Just used too much battery, and sometimes, it fails to start up properly on the watch and it then goes into a loop where I couldn't even start a round on the phone with the watch connected.

Now, I use the phone in pocket which doesn't bother me at all. I also do use the watch to get distances and it updates from the watch pretty reliably.

I do like the system and just paid for the next year for the service. I got the sensors for free from Ping. The putter sensor is my least favorite as it cannot screw into the grip as the screw end is too big. I ended up just cutting that off and I hot glue it to the end of my putter. Works pretty well at detecting putts, but find I do have to add putts every once in awhile. Most of the putts that I have add are where I have lipped out and less than a foot or two from hole.

I agree with the putter sensor. I constantly have to edit rounds for the correct putts. Thus I don't look into the stats other than # of putts per hole and per GIR.

I agree with the putter sensor. I constantly have to edit rounds for the correct putts. Thus I don't look into the stats other than # of putts per hole and per GIR.
Yep, same as you, I don't look at any putting stats aside from number of putts per hole/round.

I know they are working on some other software updates that should be good to go in the next couple months, and based on the roadblocks they ran into last year I would be very surprised to see the Link device in May.
I can imagine the software challenges. The device having to sync when in range of the phone JUST so that the app can process in real time. This would be necessary for Caddie AI to work. But challenges like...partial synching as you move away would make it really tricky.

I'd imagine that IF they just had a mode that let you record your round and forgo using the app altogether, that thing would have been released last year. I'd buy it for that.

I am waiting for mine sensors to come from Ping. I jumped on the offer of 14 free sensors form them. I am looking forward to this system I have never used anything like it before. I usually just write down info such as fairway hit, penalty shot incurred, bunker, and number of putts etc. on my score card. With this being recorded into my phone I will be able to keep a better record of my rounds and see where I need the most help and work on that area more.

So after being quite frustrated with Arccos due to it missing all kinds of shots (and quite a few putts despite purchasing the the superstroke attachment) I lost my phone on the course (iphone 8). someone found it and returned it 3 days later, but in the meantime I upgraded to an 11. Had to repair a couple clubs (including putter) and wasn't able to use my watch for shot detection. I was bummed, but played with the new bigger phone in my pocket. Missed 1 drive and 1 putt all day, and the putt was a tap in that i definitely didn't take the time to line up so not surprised it was missed.

I didn't mind the phone in my pocket at all, so I am enthused to use Arccos again!

So after being quite frustrated with Arccos due to it missing all kinds of shots (and quite a few putts despite purchasing the the superstroke attachment) I lost my phone on the course (iphone 8). someone found it and returned it 3 days later, but in the meantime I upgraded to an 11. Had to repair a couple clubs (including putter) and wasn't able to use my watch for shot detection. I was bummed, but played with the new bigger phone in my pocket. Missed 1 drive and 1 putt all day, and the putt was a tap in that i definitely didn't take the time to line up so not surprised it was missed.

I didn't mind the phone in my pocket at all, so I am enthused to use Arccos again!
I agree, when I changed shafts last year I missed having it. I guess it just depends on the person.

It is certainly cheaper, and easier to transfer to new clubs. I am hard pondering them

They’re $200 right now, and as some one said, they claim that once the 2019 stock is sold out the next generation will require a subscription.

Edit: One more thing... Do you use phone or watch? I think I read that they integrate with Apple Watch now instead of requiring the phone in the pocket. With a Iphone 11 Pro Max it is kind of annoying to have in pocket.

Supposedly you can use your watch to detect, and after reading a bunch of posts following yours...I’m guessing there might be some trouble with that though. I haven’t tried it yet. Phone in my pocket isn’t an issue for me though, so the one round I’ve tried with the sensors I used my phone. I didn’t notice a huge battery drain, but I charge my phone in my car pretty much always, so I may be an atypical use case.

The data is fantastic so far. hands down the best gps/tracking app I’ve used.

I also think they screw-ins are cheaper from an annual subscription standpoint. As far as I know the screw-ins require no subscription to use Arccos (may be changing in future),but the grips do require an annual subscription to use arccos.

That is correct.

i just put the sensors on my grandaddy clubs and added the new clubs to the system. i look forward to having the data again.

I’ve now played 2 rounds with the Arccos system and first impressions are very good.

I got my screw in sensors for free from Arccos after they sent me a promo. I was curious anyhow after using SwingU for the past few seasons. All sensors easily screwed into each of my 13 swing clubs, and putter. I much prefer the stealthy look of the all-black putter sensor than that of the other 13 lime green.

Right off the bat, unfortunately I had two sensors that wouldn’t connect and after some troubleshooting with Arccos they agreed to send me replacements. Again, zero charge to me. Amazing. They shipped out the very next business day.

Not wanting to wait, I picked 11 of my highest use clubs and paired them. Super simple process; took less than 5 minutes.

Wirst annoyance was that my grip style conflicted with the sensor placement. I like the butt end of the grip just inside my palm (probably a hockey hold-over). I found that when I swung my clubs, the sensors would shift causing what felt like a loose grip. After some trial on the range, I’ve found an acceptable hand placement that feels comfortable enough while not interfering with the Arccos sensors.

Now to the course. Again, right away I hated having my phone in my pocket. I still do. It’s cumbersome, feels heavy, and I have to shift it before every swing. That said, I’m going to keep at it because after only 36 holes, I am enamoured with the data at my fingertips! My previous app was all manual, and that got tiresome... but this... this is magic!

Of any shot, it’s putting that requires the most maintenance. Nothing major, but enough to notice. Besides having to manually add “gimmies” I honestly think there’s a direct correlation to instances where an extra putt is logged and when I pick my ball up with the backside of my flatstick. Something to keep an eye on.

I’ve thoroughly enjoyed reviewing my rounds on the Arccos Caddie app. Seeing shot placements, distances, and the accompanying information has been very informative. I can definitely see this improving my game!

Apologies for the long post, but perhaps some might find it useful.

Testing continues tomorrow; tee time for 18 in the morning!

Seriously suggest and second this. If you care about you're game and like data you'll love this. If you don't love data you'll still seriously get benifit out of it as an unbiased observer of your strengths and weaknesses. Input is pretty easy and distance during the round are minimal, to me.

Seriously suggest and second this. If you care about you're game and like data you'll love this. If you don't love data you'll still seriously get benifit out of it as an unbiased observer of your strengths and weaknesses. Input is pretty easy and distance during the round are minimal, to me.

Have used mine since this season started and the data is amazing. Also, simply fun reviewing rounds and tracking your ball and everything that went right or wrong.

I’m trying to locate all my sensors because I need this back in my life. I loved the data and feedback.

Have used mine since this season started and the data is amazing. Also, simply fun reviewing rounds and tracking your ball and everything that went right or wrong.
Agreed, ever since getting the free sensors from Ping last fall, have used Arccos for every round. Love all of the data and reviewing the good shots, but, reviewing all the bad shots again isn't my favorite :ROFLMAO::LOL:

As a side note, I much prefer the sensors in the grips to the screw ins.

Since getting the full set of Cobra clubs for the Morgan Cup, the in grip sensors are so seamless. Don't have to worry abut one backing out and losing it, or feeling like it's loosening on you on the down swing.

Only bad thing I can say about the sensors is the putter sensor. The newer putter sensor has a smaller screw to insert into end of grip, but prior versions had screw that was too big and wouldn't go through end of the putter grip hole. I ended up cutting that off and hot gluing to end of grip, much more secure that way I think.

First round with the system in my MC bag and it was darn near perfect. Only have two main gripes with the system. First, I couldn’t get my phone to play my music along with the app. As a couple others have mentioned the putter sensor picking up my practice or gimme putts. Easy enough to edit obviously but, something that I had to edit on just about every hole yesterday.

I think once the link is released with the issues hammered out, Arccos will have the killer product. Especially if there is a button to mark the hole location on the device.

Arccos has great stats but unless you move the pin they kinda get inaccurate as you get closer to the hole. I know this is a minor issue and a lot of people are quick to adjust pin locations, but it is something that I wish was easier to do.

After swinging with the screw-in sensors for awhile over the built-in grips I think I prefer the screw-in grips. I usually grip at the end of the grip and the built-in ones have a lot of play to them to support the sensor. The screw in ones it's obvious if I'm on the sensor and can choke up a little bit.

Phone in my pocket is okay. You get used to it, but I would prefer to not have it in my pocket.

I think once the link is released with the issues hammered out, Arccos will have the killer product. Especially if there is a button to mark the hole location on the device.

Arccos has great stats but unless you move the pin they kinda get inaccurate as you get closer to the hole. I know this is a minor issue and a lot of people are quick to adjust pin locations, but it is something that I wish was easier to do.

After swinging with the screw-in sensors for awhile over the built-in grips I think I prefer the screw-in grips. I usually grip at the end of the grip and the built-in ones have a lot of play to them to support the sensor. The screw in ones it's obvious if I'm on the sensor and can choke up a little bit.

Phone in my pocket is okay. You get used to it, but I would prefer to not have it in my pocket.

I have noticed some putting issues as well. Saying I hit a 7 footer when it was maybe a 25 footer. I never though of moving the pin, I might try that for now as a quick fix.

I have noticed some putting issues as well. Saying I hit a 7 footer when it was maybe a 25 footer. I never though of moving the pin, I might try that for now as a quick fix.

Yeah Arccos just does center of the green for the default pin position. Makes approach and chipping to be off and putting to be way off.

First round with the system in my MC bag and it was darn near perfect. Only have two main gripes with the system. First, I couldn’t get my phone to play my music along with the app. As a couple others have mentioned the putter sensor picking up my practice or gimme putts. Easy enough to edit obviously but, something that I had to edit on just about every hole yesterday.
The music issue is one I have complained about since day BUT I have found a work around so I wont have to choose either or this season.

Yeah Arccos just does center of the green for the default pin position. Makes approach and chipping to be off and putting to be way off.

You know I’ve never moved the pin location once during a round. Just not something I really care about honestly. Maybe I should. Are you suggesting a button on the link to click while you are standing near the pin? That would be kind of cool but doubtful I would think.

You know I’ve never moved the pin location once during a round. Just not something I really care about honestly. Maybe I should

I did it for a few rounds last year and all of sudden my putting strokes gained actually went to a more normal number instead of the usual 20+.

I never realized that. Good to know moving forward!

I did it for a few rounds last year and all of sudden my putting strokes gained actually went to a more normal number instead of the usual 20+.
Are you moving it before or after you putt? I guess If I did it after it wouldn’t be a huge deal since I usually grab my phone to make sure the putts are right. The less I have to pull my phone out the better but I will try doing it round if I remember every time haha.

Honestly though its probably the one stat I really don’t care about as much. I mainly use the system to learn my distances and gapping as well as finding trouble yardages on course and F/M/B on approach shots. I’ve all but abandoned my laser this season.

The music issue is one I have complained about since day BUT I have found a work around so I wont have to choose either or this season.

2nd phone?

Back