Arccos Caddie 2.0

How does the "set pin location" work with the Arccos clip that goes on your belt?
From memory I think you just stand next to the pin and press the button on the middle of the link. I've not tried it, but just recall reading the info.

From memory I think you just stand next to the pin and press the button on the middle of the link. I've not tried it, but just recall reading the info.
Then it reads the sensor on your putter? How does it know when you've holed out your last putt? And moved onto the next hole .... when you tee off with your next club?

Then it reads the sensor on your putter? How does it know when you've holed out your last putt? And moved onto the next hole .... when you tee off with your next club?
Honestly? I exhausted all my knowledge on the last post :ROFLMAO: I would imagine that the button just marks the GPS location, and then when you tee off with the next club, the GPS also kicks in to identify where you are. That is about as close as I can get!

I haven't used the Link I got for Christmas yet, but did use Arccos with my phone last year. Your putt location(s) will be recorded by the sensor in your putter. Like you said, the app will know you've hit your last putt on the previous hole when you tee off on the next. The button on the Link basically saves you from having to mark the location of the pin in the app after the hole/round

The Arccos app and dashboard have been acting up the last few weeks. Apparently they are going through some upgrades, and it really hasn’t been an issue. Yesterday the system lost my saved courses and most of my clubs, I had no functionality for the first time. Has anyone else had similar problems?

Had a sensor that refused to pair after regripping. Sent Arccos a note and there’s a new one on the way. Great customer service!

The Arccos app and dashboard have been acting up the last few weeks. Apparently they are going through some upgrades, and it really hasn’t been an issue. Yesterday the system lost my saved courses and most of my clubs, I had no functionality for the first time. Has anyone else had similar problems?
Unfortunately I have a foot of snow to prevent me from using on the course, but I haven’t had any issues poking around in the app looking at stats.

I am getting fitted for some Ping 425 irons tomorrow evening. I have been using Arccos for a couple of years. If I get the grips with the built in sensors will I be able to pair them with my current account or is Arccos going to try to flip me to a pay for access plan? I will just get normal tour velvets if I have convert my account.

I am getting fitted for some Ping 425 irons tomorrow evening. I have been using Arccos for a couple of years. If I get the grips with the built in sensors will I be able to pair them with my current account or is Arccos going to try to flip me to a pay for access plan? I will just get normal tour velvets if I have convert my account.
Yes, this works very easily. I have used the Arccos sensors prior to purchasing my OL Cobra F9 irons and it was a very easy process to have both.

I think you would have a paid subscription

Are most people using Gen 2 sensors? Or the Gen 3's with subscriptions? Seems like the Gen 2 are often available then on ebay for $450 ish, which would pay itself off after a few years.

Are most people using Gen 2 sensors? Or the Gen 3's with subscriptions? Seems like the Gen 2 are often available then on ebay for $450 ish, which would pay itself off after a few years.
I’m on gen3. I’m fine paying the subscription for a great service.

I've been posting in the link thread because this one didn't appear in my search. How many rounds did it take for all your stats to really even out? I'm only 6 rounds in and 4 of those are just 9 hole rounds. I wish I could label shots, like my 5 iron is really short but mainly been used as a punch out tool from the trees.

I am using gen2 sensors bought out of the classifieds. Less than $100 a set and I have two. Very happy with them but if I had to pay for the service I would gladly.

I understand the gen 2 sensors have a battery that is supposed to last a couple years but Arccos says they will continue to support them.

Has anyone here had to replace one yet? In particular, since I have purchased a set from another member, I'm wondering if they require the original proof of purchase or something? I certainly don't mind paying for replacements, but I would prefer not to be forced into upgrading.

Thanks

What putter grip do people use with the sensor? The golf pride one is bugging me as the sensor sits on it like a top hat. Looking to switch over to Superstroke.....

What putter grip do people use with the sensor? The golf pride one is bugging me as the sensor sits on it like a top hat. Looking to switch over to Superstroke.....
I have it in a Tour SNSR Contour Pro. It does look a little silly, but it doesn't affect my gripping of the club.

I have the cobra supersport-35 putter and I enjoy that the sensor sits flush. Superstoke has proprietary accessory with arccos. You could look into getting this to make it sit flush when you buy the new grip

I have the sensor in my Odyssey stroke lab shaft. I had to cut the tip of the screw off the sensor, but it works just fine.
78799360-9925-49E9-9F63-D3C9B9FD1BF6.jpeg

Attachments

• D372F75D-237C-4C5E-914E-495FB51989EF.jpeg
    D372F75D-237C-4C5E-914E-495FB51989EF.jpeg
    43.6 KB · Views: 11
Does anyone know how many smart grips you can pair without converting to the membership? I already have one smart grip for my putter, and want to make sure I can remain without the subscription

I understand the gen 2 sensors have a battery that is supposed to last a couple years but Arccos says they will continue to support them.

Has anyone here had to replace one yet? In particular, since I have purchased a set from another member, I'm wondering if they require the original proof of purchase or something? I certainly don't mind paying for replacements, but I would prefer not to be forced into upgrading.

Thanks
My gen. 2 sensors lasted 2-3 years, 200-300 rounds before the batteries wore out.

My gen. 2 sensors lasted 2-3 years, 200-300 rounds before the batteries wore out.
Wow! I’ve only put a couple dozen on my gen 3 sensors so far. Did all of the sensors go at once or did they start to fail one by one?

Just got my new clubs. Anyone know if there is a way to change that on the app so it is not making recommendations based on my old clubs. Or I can look up stats and see the differences between old vs. new?

They ask for the sensor batch number (on the top of the sensor.

I guess this identifies if they are within the warranty period.

Inside 2 years they replace for free. More than 2 years means a $7 or £7 discount off the price of the each single sensor replacement.

They have just agreed to replace 10 for me.

Thanks

Back