Arccos Caddie 2.0

I finally logged my 90th hole with arccos so caddie got activated. Swapped putters and since I had an extra putter sensor the switch was super easy.
Looking forward to the caddie facility, although not sure how much I'll use it. Would be interesting to follow the caddie recommendations for a full round and see how the scoring is.

Looking forward to the caddie facility, although not sure how much I'll use it. Would be interesting to follow the caddie recommendations for a full round and see how the scoring is.
My caddie is often had too much to drink. He wants to take unnecessary risks and often chooses the wrong club. I've never tried listening to him for an entire round...or ever for that matter haha

My caddie is often had too much to drink. He wants to take unnecessary risks and often chooses the wrong club. I've never tried listening to him for an entire round...or ever for that matter haha

Agreed. If I followed the advice of the Caddie feature, My index would be even higher than it is.

Agreed. If I followed the advice of the Caddie feature, My index would be even higher than it is.
Caddie is the most worthless feature on Arccos - just beating out the real time "plays as" feature that tries to take into account current actual weather conditions.

I just love it when Caddie tells me to hit a partial driver off the tee box followed by a long iron out of the fairway with a probable score a stroke or two over par. The potential is there, but there is a garbage in, garbage out problem. Arccos needs to do a better job filtering out the garbage in data so that the A.I. features are actually useful.

Well based on the state of my game, I bet I’m responsible for a lot of that garbage in data.

Caddie is the most worthless feature on Arccos - just beating out the real time "plays as" feature that tries to take into account current actual weather conditions.

I just love it when Caddie tells me to hit a partial driver off the tee box followed by a long iron out of the fairway with a probable score a stroke or two over par. The potential is there, but there is a garbage in, garbage out problem. Arccos needs to do a better job filtering out the garbage in data so that the A.I. features are actually useful.

Maybe that is how they quote their shots improvement statistics. “People who ignore the advise of Arcoss Caddie routinely shoot 4.2 strokes better per round”

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

New to Arcoss in my grips this year. Looking forward to it.

I have a question though, Is the sensor expecting some kind of motion to happen in a sensor in the phone, requiring you to have it in your pocket? Or is it just using bluetooth from the grip sensor to phone and can be on push cart phone holder 3 feet away?

I have a question though, Is the sensor expecting some kind of motion to happen in a sensor in the phone, requiring you to have it in your pocket? Or is it just using bluetooth from the grip sensor to phone and can be on push cart phone holder 3 feet away?
It needs to be in the front left pocket for best results. I have heard some people say that they have had the system work with it in their back pocket, but anything other than front left (RH player) hasn’t worked well for me. Once they release the link device, you should be fine with the phone in the cart if you purchase the link.

The sensor works off of sound actually which is why it needs to be in your left front pocket. It also currently works (albeit not super well IMO) with an apple watch.

Like the others said, sound, not motion (or bluetooth). You could try it on a push cart 3 feet away, it might work. But it is likely to be inconsistent

I've had a blast talking through all the tech that's built into Arccos this week with a few of the guys I've played with.

One of the guys was pretty determined to buy a launch monitor to get a better understanding of his distances, and after going through my rounds with him, the various tabs, and stats, he's pretty sure that Arccos is the solution.

It's nice that you can set it and forget it if you want, but man - I get so hyper focused on trying to build up my numbers sometimes. I hit a punch out 5 iron a couple rounds ago that went about 150 and I just kept looking back at it thinking about how it impacts the overall totals. I'm so bad about that stuff. Smart distance does an awesome job of balancing it, but being overly obsessive from a data perspective, it seems to be constantly on my mind.

I could see this kind of thing paying huge dividends for players who bounce around to new courses, as everything is laid out in front of them perfectly.

Interesting observation that I have seen happen a few times now. I would laser a stick to show a specific distance, hit the ball and when I reviewed the distance later with Arccos, it showed a much lower number. For example:

- Par 5 last weekend. Had 195 to the flag per the laser range finder. Hit an easy 5i and put it pin high or a little past but maybe 10 yards left. Arccos read the strike as going 173 yards. 173 yards would put me in the pond that was guarding the green.

When I went back through my round and I went into that hole, I moved the shot marker to see where it thought 195 yards and immediately the number changed to 193 yards without me actually moving anything which is a more accurate number. It was almost like it had one distance number and was "stuck" until I went in.

Anyone else see this happen?

For everyone that was waiting it looks like the Link is finally here. This is from Arccos Facebook page:

The news you all have been waiting for: Arccos Caddie Link, our first wearable device that syncs with your Arccos Caddie sensors and eliminates the need to carry your phone, is in production and we are ready to begin shipping our first units! Our official announcement will happen in the coming weeks, but we wanted to reach out to our Team Arccos community with a little ‘heads up’—especially since many of you have already placed pre-orders.

We are ramping up production and will be fulfilling all of the thousands of your pre-orders based on the date they were originally received. Link devices will be produced as fast as possible while ensuring best in class quality. We estimate that all pre-orders will be fulfilled by early September. If you have any questions about your pre-order, wish to cancel it (unlikely 😉, just email Link@arccosgolf.com and the team will sort you out.

While new orders will be accepted when Link officially launches, they will not ship until all of the pre-orders are fulfilled. So anyone with pre-orders will have a head start on bragging rights, at least for a little while!

Thanks again for your commitment, we look forward to getting an Arccos Caddie Link into your hands (or more specifically on your waistband)! Excited for the feedback and the positive banter in this community.

-Team Arccos

i'm a huge fan of arccos. yesterday I decided to fully commit to arccos and let it pick every club for me off tees and approaches into greens. as badly as I've been playing lately, I had a legit chance to break 80 but for some stumbles on the last two holes. does it get old hitting 3w from every tee? yep. but the score was much better and the misses more playable.

I can't say I care much about the data that comes out of my rounds. I pretty much know where i'm losing shots. But the caddie assist is great, and I find myself using my laser less and less. pull the phone for a quick check on distance and club suggestion, grab the club and go.

i'm a huge fan of arccos. yesterday I decided to fully commit to arccos and let it pick every club for me off tees and approaches into greens. as badly as I've been playing lately, I had a legit chance to break 80 but for some stumbles on the last two holes. does it get old hitting 3w from every tee? yep. but the score was much better and the misses more playable.

I can't say I care much about the data that comes out of my rounds. I pretty much know where i'm losing shots. But the caddie assist is great, and I find myself using my laser less and less. pull the phone for a quick check on distance and club suggestion, grab the club and go.

I would be interested to hear how this goes for you. I am not sure I have heard of anyone else making a commitment to follow the Caddie’s recommendation.

I would be interested to hear how this goes for you. I am not sure I have heard of anyone else making a commitment to follow the Caddie’s recommendation.

i did it after the morgan cup too. honestly it was pretty darn good. i’m going to keep it up and see how it goes. i did deviate on a few shots and i’d say it was the wrong decision (on my part) every time.

Really.... I've thought about doing it but never committed to it. I always thought my caddie was drunk haha

Really.... I've thought about doing it but never committed to it. I always thought my caddie was drunk haha

it can be a gut check. basically the round yesterday was my “caddie” saying you suck hitting driver so don’t hit driver.

it can be a gut check. basically the round yesterday was my “caddie” saying you suck hitting driver so don’t hit driver.
I keep changing sensors and shafts so I don't know what he would say. Its an interesting concept though

Anyone else had it miss 40+ shots in a single round?

I'm following it fully so far this year with sensors in the grips. So far I'm liking what I'm seeing. Except I use my 8 iron on 33% air / 66% rollout shots. Now it thinks my 8 iron distance is 20 yards. opppsssss.... But overall, Love it! GPS is almost yard for yard with the best of rangefinders.

Never seen something that far off. I have seen it miss one or two on a course that I don’t normally play, not sure if it was a signal thing but I ended up turning it off last round because it was annoying me

I was having real trouble and I cleaned up the mic on my phone and placed the phone so that the mic is now facing up in my front pocket. This has helped quite a bit, but I still have more missed shots than I care to deal with. Maybe 5 holes now with missed shots.

I gotta feeling it's going to be worse than 40 shots today. It wasn't showing any shots after hole 5 this evening. :unsure:

I don't have a high-end phone, so I'm sure that is playing a role here. It also barely made through a 2:45 round (started at 95%, finished at 9%). I'm not sure how much longer I can take it burning a hole in my leg.

Back