Review Arccos Caddie Link Review

I should ask. How do you guys install a sensor on a Stroke Lab putter? I just did a quick search and it looks like they have the Super Stroke accessory. But, I didn't see anything for stroke lab.
My screw-in putter sensor worked fine on my triple track putter. I haven’t put it back on after I changed from the standard odyssey TT grip.

Great article! I like Arccos and the idea of the link, but there are probably 15-20 golf related items I would rather spend $100 on. They need to think of a way to include this in their package and not as a $100 add-on.

Was on the pre order list for this as soon as I heard Arccos sensor were going to be in my Cobra FT. Realized that this was a new product and read up about it...Decided to cancel the order and wait for reviews from other before I dropped $100 on it. If I'm spending $100.00 on it, it better be dang near perfect!

Got mine in today, while there were some serious delays, they shipped it quickly . Will get it out for 2 rounds on Saturday, glad I read this review as I learned some very helpful things prior to using it. Thanks Molten!

If I am reading this correctly, the Link is actually the GPS device and not my phone? So, it would save on battery usage on the course?
This is what caused me to bail on Arccos earlier this year after 2 rounds. My phone could not handle it. I had to finish a round with a Mophie in my back pocket for the last 6 holes (granted, it was a slow round).

No reliance on a phone for GPS duties would move me back, as their stats dashboard is far and away the best.

My link arrived. Unfortunately going to be a few weeks until I can try it on the course.

Finally received my order finalization email this morning. Pre-ordered May 2019, interested to see if this works better then the apple watch or phone in the pocket. The phone in the pocket still misses an inordinate amount of putts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Finally got my email as well so went ahead and ordered it. I’ve moved on to Shot Scope V3 (I detested having the phone in my pocket) so let’s see if this brings me back.

Finally got my email as well so went ahead and ordered it. I’ve moved on to Shot Scope V3 (I detested having the phone in my pocket) so let’s see if this brings me back.

I have given the V3 about 10 rounds, actually thought the V2 was a more stable piece of hardware. The V3 is collecting dust now. I’m sure I’ll use it again but I want to give them a few more firmware updates to right the ship.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Glad to see a bunch of THPers start to get their orders, looking forward to the feedback

Got my email today and completed the order. Excited to try this out. Phone in pocket never bothered me, but it will be nice to have an extra pocket open and leave my phone in the cart sometimes. Mark the Pin button will be great, since I do not always do that on the phone

Man Gary, I forgot to post after reading this one yesterday but well done dude. These are imo the toughest reviews to do, and you handled it in stride.

This makes Arccos somewhat more interesting to me now, I’ll be curious to see the extended
feedback before I were to jump though.

Got my link and played 9 with it clipped to the outside of my cargo shorts lower pocket.
It did not miss a shot except on the greens. I will recalibrate my putter sensor but I have a feeling it could be the soft face and lack of sound.

I checked my phone often just to see if it was working properly.

Really happy so far.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Got my link and played 9 with it clipped to the outside of my cargo shorts lower pocket.
It did not miss a shot except on the greens. I will recalibrate my putter sensor but I have a feeling it could be the soft face and lack of sound.

I checked my phone often just to see if it was working properly.

Really happy so far.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Yeah, like I said in the review I found it to be excellent but the putter sensor still performed the way it did before (inconsistent at times)

Got my shipping notice today. Having my phone in my pocket didn't really bother me any but looking forward to getting this so I can play my music on the course again!!!

I don’t tuck my shirt in. Can it be worn on the belt under a shirt?

I don’t tuck my shirt in. Can it be worn on the belt under a shirt?
My shirt comes out a lot so I'm curious too. Mine just arrived, so I'm hoping to test it out soon.

Got in 18 holes with the Link today, as 2 separate 9-hole rounds since half the course is closed right now. For background, I've used Arccos for almost 3 years, entirely phone in pocket. I keep my phone in my right pocket, contrary to their suggestion, and it's always been great for me.

Setup: Took me longer to skim through the little booklet than it did to set up. Open app, press button on Link, 2 seconds later it's connected.

Pre-round: Arccos says to start your round a little earlier, so Link can sync clubs and grab GPS. I'm curious if the Link has GPS caching, like Garmin running watches have for a few years. Anyways, I usually start my round when waiting at the first tee, so I did it a couple minutes earlier just in case. Only took a few seconds and it was ready. The App shows the status of Link during this time so you know what's happening.

First tee: Despite saying it was all good to go, Link detected 2 tee shots, both about 10 yards away from my actual tee shot. Not a very auspicious start. I fixed and drove away. After this, I started checking after every shot. My biggest concern for Link is 1) GPS accuracy and 2) missing shots. Both of those are great with my phone, and has made Arccos truly set it and forget it for me.

Following the first tee, I think it only missed 1 shot. I do suspect the app is a little delayed to receive shots from Link, so my rapid checking after every shot gave me some concern. I think it will be ok though. However, the biggest issue I noticed is that it had a REALLY difficult time catching my putts. I had a few holes that it didn't register any putts at all.

Also, I tried the button to mark the pin a couple times, but it didn't seem to work. While setting Link up, I noticed the button can be a little tough to press sometimes, and I was still trying to figure out the mechanics of picking up my ball while holding putter and also pressing the button.

I had it clipped to the bottom of my left shorts pocket, so it wasn't covered. However, I'm wondering if it sat too low for the putter sensor for some reason. I will keep testing different spots, today I wanted to get a baseline performance on it.

OVERALL: I'm going to either love it or hate it. After testing more, IF I am comfortable that it won't miss shots, and I don't have to constantly check shots on my phone every hole, then I will love it. I like having my phone out and then leaving it on the cart seat when I hit. It also frees up a pocket for me. And if I can take a work call on my AirPods while golfing, even better. Even if I can't get the mark pin button working, it will still be great for me.

BUT, if I have to babysit the thing, then this ain't gonna work out. I never worry about the phone missing a shot, it's pretty good with my putting, it's been great for me. But I absolutely hate having to manually add a shot (wish the app would zoom more than 1%), and especially if I have driven away and it's just my best approximation of where I hit from. The system is worthless if the data isn't accurate.

For those wondering, I played a round with a 1/4 Zip on and the link still on my belt (ie covered slightly) and it only missed one shot. I’m going to call that a big win.

I used this for 34 holes (it started flashing red on the 16th green of my 2nd 18 of the day) and it missed a few shots, but I think that is mostly because my sensors are losing power. It missed 3 or 4 shots with my PW and a couple putts, but the putts I probably didn't set up and take the time so think they would have been missed with the phone.

Power wise, I think it would have been closed, and if I would have charged it night before vs 2 nights before it probably wouldn't have been close. That is very impressive to me.

Didn't set the pin, but need to do that in the future as that is a handy feature.

Last edited:
Got shipping notification and was disappointed to see its going to be a week. Also LOL at the fact I saw Ontario,CA and immediately thought it was coming from Canada

I used this for 34 holes (it started flashing red on the 16th green of my 2nd 18 of the day) and it missed a few shots, but I think that is mostly because my sensors are losing power. It missed 3 or 4 shots with my PW and a couple putts, but the putts I probably didn't set up and take the time so think they would have been missed with the phone.

Power wise, I think it would have been closed, and if I would have charged it night before vs 2 nights before it probably wouldn't have been close. That is very impressive to me.

Didn't set the pin, but need to do that in the future as that is a handy feature.
Did you remember to shut it off after you charged it? For some ungodly reason, it turns ON when you unplug it even if there is no reason for it to be on.

Did you remember to shut it off after you charged it? For some ungodly reason, it turns ON when you unplug it even if there is no reason for it to be on.

Yes, because I didn't do that when I first charged it after receiving it and saw it sitting on the coffee table flashing red. otherwise it would have been dead when I got to the course. That is a strange setting that it turns on when charging, but when I charged it yesterday I turned it off when I pulled it off the plug.

Yes, because I didn't do that when I first charged it after receiving it and saw it sitting on the coffee table flashing red. otherwise it would have been dead when I got to the course. That is a strange setting that it turns on when charging, but when I charged it yesterday I turned it off when I pulled it off the plug.
Fwiw it's pretty common for similar things like running watches to turn on when they are plugged in to charge. I think it's more about the hardware that is used for these things.

Fwiw it's pretty common for similar things like running watches to turn on when they are plugged in to charge. I think it's more about the hardware that is used for these things.
Well, fine. You win. But I still don’t have to like it :p

Went out for another 18 with the Link. Honestly, I'm no closer to knowing whether I'll like or not. On the first 9, it missed 2 tee shots and one iron from the fairway. Second 9, missed 1 tee shot. However, the putting is still STRUGGLING hard. Added a bunch of putts again today.

I can deal with the putting being poor, because most Arccos users (myself included) tend to check the putting mid round. I also keep count of putts on my card, so I'm not entirely dependent on Arccos. Obviously, would like it to get it right, so that analysis is more accurate.

I did not have any detected shots which is incorrectly located, which is good (and something I saw once yesterday). I did not have any wedges detected on the greens from dropping a wedge (saw 1 yesterday). Really, the only thing holding me back is missing shots. It's not so bad off the tee, because I can add the shot and get it right. But definitely can't miss any 2nd shots, I won't always remember the distance covered or distance remaining from that moment in time, to accurately add the shot later.

Things I haven't tested yet: AirPods for music/calls during round, and placement other than bottom of left pocket opening. I'm going to put it on my belt for my next round, although I worry about it getting covered by thick polos that come untucked.

I am definitely a fan of not having my phone in my pocket, that is rapidly growing on me. I really want Link to work, I just need to be able to trust it.

Back