Review Arccos Caddie Link Review

You might be the first person I have heard have a good experience with the watch. All I remember hearing was how fast the battery drained and syncing issues. I like the link because it allows you to track data AND play music. If thats not something anyone is interested in I don't see the point unless you really hate the phone in pocket.

The older Apple watches def had battery life issues. The newer Series 6 and 7 has much better battery life. I charge it to 100% overnight and when my round finishes I’m usually at 40% still. They key is a full charge before you start the round. Plus the display. Speeds things up. A lot for me.

I average about 84 shots a round. Can’t speak for anyone taking 102 shots. Lol

it usually only picks up about half my putts.
Putting is the biggest gripe I have with the Link, so far. It seems to be worse since I switched to the Supernova with the embedded sensor, as opposed to the screw-in I was using with a previous putter. I haven't checked recently to see if that sensor has gone bad (it paired successfully, initially, at least) -- surely not, as it's newer than the rest of the ones in my grips from last summer.

I'm not really using it to keep score for me, though, so I don't mind this 'failure'. It would be nice though, given the costs of a full Arccos setup, if it worked as intended.

Last edited:
I have one round in with the Link and it was awesome! No need to have my phone in my pocket and no issues tracking shots. If this trend continues I will be a very happy camper.

The older Apple watches def had battery life issues. The newer Series 6 and 7 has much better battery life. I charge it to 100% overnight and when my round finishes I’m usually at 40% still. They key is a full charge before you start the round. Plus the display. Speeds things up. A lot for me.

I average about 84 shots a round. Can’t speak for anyone taking 102 shots. Lol
Thats awesome that it works great for you. 60% for one round is still a pretty hefty draw on a battery though. GPS watches last quite a bit longer than that. If you are prepared for it like you said all is good.

I only use Arccos with my phone in my pocket. I’d say that it picks up 90% of my shots and putts. The biggest thing with putts is to line up the short ones and knock them in. The biggest issue is when you hit a putter from the fringe, then you need to change it to a chip. Not a big deal to me.

I haven’t used the link or watch yet, I just bought an Apple Watch. We’ll see how it does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been using the Caddie Link most of the season and I'm kinda mixed in my feelings over it. When it works it is awesome. Randomly, in the most wide open places it misses shots. Its annoying to have to check it to make sure its working. If I am using the caddie I don't mind but on my home course its sometimes painful.

I'm planning to give mine a go again in my round tomorrow afternoon

Anybody had an issue with the Link not being able to find a GPS signal? I'm hoping the last time out is a one-off experience.

Anybody had an issue with the Link not being able to find a GPS signal? I'm hoping the last time out is a one-off experience.
When I wear a jacket I find that issue. I created a piece of leather strap which connects to my belt and let's it hang lower beneath the bottom of my jacket. Since then I haven't had the issues.

When I wear a jacket I find that issue. I created a piece of leather strap which connects to my belt and let's it hang lower beneath the bottom of my jacket. Since then I haven't had the issues.
I did have a jacket on when I started the round, which was covering the Link clipped on my belt. I'm sure that was the root cause of it.

The app said to raise the Link to the sky to try to find a better signal. I did that, and also restarted the Link twice, but it never would latch on after that. I'll try clipping it to my pocket instead, the next time I need an extra layer.

Yes, happened quite often for me. I have found I need to turn on the Link first, then start the app on phone to start a round with out any issues.

I’m struggling to find reason to renew my subscription. The Caddie Link misses a lot of shots. Predictably in the mountains and tree lined hills.

I did have a jacket on when I started the round, which was covering the Link clipped on my belt. I'm sure that was the root cause of it.

The app said to raise the Link to the sky to try to find a better signal. I did that, and also restarted the Link twice, but it never would latch on after that. I'll try clipping it to my pocket instead, the next time I need an extra layer.
Some clip it to their pocket during fall rounds so it sits below your jacket

When I'm wearing a jacket or vest that covers my belt, I clip my Link to the left side of my hat and it seems to pick shots up more reliably.

This has happened again the last 2 days. :confused:

This has happened again the last 2 days. :confused:
Same here - I had passed my Arcoss sensors and Link to my old man in Turkey as I've made the switch to ShotScope and for 4 full days it wasn't finding the GPS at all. Had the same issue with the H4 and SS fixed it within an hour, but the Link only just picked up the satellites on the last day - then stopped working after 3 holes! Never had that issue before so not sure what the problem was.

Same here - I had passed my Arcoss sensors and Link to my old man in Turkey as I've made the switch to ShotScope and for 4 full days it wasn't finding the GPS at all. Had the same issue with the H4 and SS fixed it within an hour, but the Link only just picked up the satellites on the last day - then stopped working after 3 holes! Never had that issue before so not sure what the problem was.
Here's the Link GPS support article. I'll give a shot after lunch.

I tried seemingly everything, but then all of a sudden on the last day it popped up and worked for a wee while. Needless to say my old man was most unimpressed and I had to try not to smile the whole time watching my father in his mid 70s navigate links, apps, GPS and all sorts - he wasn't for accepting any help either :ROFLMAO:

Naturally, I had a '14' for "GPS Signal" in the front yard (max is 15). 🤷‍♂️

I guess I'll give it one more shot later this week. It may be time to move on.

Back