Review Arccos Caddie Link Review

Seeing this for a bit more at their site, 129. Was wondering how many sensors you have, do you need just one or one for each club, the latter makes this pretty expensive.

Didn't see any recent general Arccos threads so I thought I'd post here. If anyone is still on the lifetime subscription and you pair a certain number of Cobra Connect grips it will make you sign up for the subscription. I had been on the lifetime subscription and recently paired ~3 Cobra clubs without issue, but when I paired a full set of Cobra irons it made me do the subscription.

Just to clarify, that's pairing a full set that has built in grips? I'm on gen 3's built in grips and am on the hunt for the gen 2 sensors that have no subscriptions. I need to regrip my irons, so looking for the gen 2's makes a lot of sense long term. The gen 2's are available every so often on eBay for $350 ish. So it would pay itself off after 3 seasons

Ya full iron set with built in grips. I haven't researched if you can go backwards without keeping the subscription requirement, but I might give that a shot down the road

Ya full iron set with built in grips. I haven't researched if you can go backwards without keeping the subscription requirement, but I might give that a shot down the road

I'd imagine you can, but just need to start a new profile. There's no gen 2's on eBay, but I'll be keeping an eye out

[QUOTE="ddstanford, post: 9871971, member: 55992"
[/QUOTE]

I don't know if you technically need one for every club but you pretty much need one for every club.

FWIW I really like the Link but don't think it's a necessity to use the Arccos system

Was excited to try the link and arccos for the first time. But when I tried to sync the link to the app, I kept getting a message that the link wasn’t getting a good gps signal. After 5-10 minutes of waving it around with no luck, I gave up and just used the phone which was fine. But I thought I could keep trying to get the link to find a good signal, but I couldn’t figure out how to change from the phone to the link mid round. Is that possible? Should I have just ended the round and restarted with the link? And if I did, could I combine the partial rounds into one full round?

I've been clipping mine to my left pocket, seems to work really good so far. Misses some shots and putts but I'm don't know how they could make a system that is 100%
I was clipping mine to my pocket, but it would miss 90% of putts. One day I forgot to knock it off after charging, so it was dead (annoying) so I used my phone...my phone was much more accurate. I believe it's due to my outwear sometimes covering the Link? I was curious today of maybe finding a way to clip it to my glove. It wouldn't put me off, and the link would be so close to the sensor how could it not work? Surprised Arcoss didn't think of this themselves and try to make a glove friendly version!?

Sent from my SM-N986W using Tapatalk

I was clipping mine to my pocket, but it would miss 90% of putts. One day I forgot to knock it off after charging, so it was dead (annoying) so I used my phone...my phone was much more accurate. I believe it's due to my outwear sometimes covering the Link? I was curious today of maybe finding a way to clip it to my glove. It wouldn't put me off, and the link would be so close to the sensor how could it not work? Surprised Arcoss didn't think of this themselves and try to make a glove friendly version!?

Get a patent on that ASAP!

Get a patent on that ASAP!
I just tried it on the glove in my kitchen, and you honestly cannot feel it. I'm doing 18 later and shall report my findings.
59b9ff92cfa0d79b34ab071b092b909c.jpg
0cfbdeb2de1db568cf938f74f98fd8b7.jpg

Seems like an odd place to wear that but good luck!

I just tried it on the glove in my kitchen, and you honestly cannot feel it. I'm doing 18 later and shall report my findings.
59b9ff92cfa0d79b34ab071b092b909c.jpg
0cfbdeb2de1db568cf938f74f98fd8b7.jpg

With the issues on Link - am i better off getting an older Android OS watch?

I was having the same problem (see earlier post). At one point, I lost the link but luckily it was found and returned to the Pro Shop. Also wearing a windbreaker tended to block the signal. I finally clipped it to the left side of my hat (not the bill) and it's been picking up every shot since.

I was having the same problem (see earlier post). At one point, I lost the link but luckily it was found and returned to the Pro Shop. Also wearing a windbreaker tended to block the signal. I finally clipped it to the left side of my hat (not the bill) and it's been picking up every shot since.
Wow, I may try that next. Thank you. Also for future, in the Arcoss app you will find a 'find my link' feature, so if you lose it on the course again it will take you right to it.
1cae1b1a8affbb61adddbd7ac5226021.jpg

Was excited to try the link and arccos for the first time. But when I tried to sync the link to the app, I kept getting a message that the link wasn’t getting a good gps signal. After 5-10 minutes of waving it around with no luck, I gave up and just used the phone which was fine. But I thought I could keep trying to get the link to find a good signal, but I couldn’t figure out how to change from the phone to the link mid round. Is that possible? Should I have just ended the round and restarted with the link? And if I did, could I combine the partial rounds into one full round?
I tried to find the exact thing, but could not. You can go Link to Phone, but did not find way to go Phone to Link once round has been started.

The only issue here is that I take my glove off probably 45 times a round so could be a pain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only issue here is that I take my glove off probably 45 times a round so could be a pain

Yeah, probably no good. I leave my glove on for putting too. I didn't think of that.

3 Rounds in with my link.

One in FL, clipped to belt. Worked flawlessly.

One being last Friday, at Whiskey Creek, in the crazy 40mph winds. Missed many shots, and to be honest, I expected nothing less, with how hard the wind was blowing.

One yesterday at University of MD. Had a jacket on to start, and clipped Link to outside of my left pant pocket. Didn't miss a single shot.

So far, I am very happy with the unit. Not having to have my phone in my pocket is great.

Just claimed my arccos set via the club champion promo. Currently a garmin CT10 user but hate the app. Arccos seems much better for data as a whole but not thrilled about losing the integration with my watch (use a fenix for other sports and daily use) and really don’t want to play with a phone on my pocket. No interest in going to AW as I couldn’t get multiple days of battery out of it (or multiple rounds).

Going to sell one set or the other. Anyone switch from garmin? I’ll buy the link if I like the sensors and app better - just don’t want to go all in yet.

I scored a set of unused arccos 360 sensors (gen 2) & the link on local classifieds for $360 CAD. Pretty happy to avoid the yearly subscription now and am looking forward to trying the link out.

I currently have an arccos account paired with the smart grips, but would I have to start fresh to ensure I can ensure I'm not kept on the annual membership?

What do you fellow THP'ers think?

First time out with Arccos and the Link today. Besides being slow to pick up a gps signal to start the overall product was great! Only missed one tap in putt in all of my shots today. And... I didn’t check s***s until the end of the round. Had me at 78 when I shot 79 today and in review saw it missed a tap in bogey putt. Placed the Link outside of my left pants pocket as well since it was cold out and didn’t figure it’d do well under a pullover and 3/4 zip top.

Impressed with the device and really easy to use.

Same experience for me. I really like it. Missed a few tap ins, but were easy to add after the round. Marking the pin really helps keep track. I particularly enjoyed not using the phone.

The info that it gives you is really cool and helpful to learn what practice. I'm really looking forward to using this in my practice.

Unfortunately one sensor broke mid round. But it didn't take too long add on the app. Hopefully their support can come through with a fix.

I may need to switch to a 14 way slotted to avoid damage

Last edited:
Have now played a few rounds with the Arccos and the Link setup. Overall I have to say that I'm impressed. The information that is given is right up any "data nerd's" alley. I really liked how it informs you where you're lacking in your game... I knew already where I struggled but putting a number to it really made me see how much better I could be playing if I had more GIR's.

Also, the Link has worked really well. A couple of missed tap-ins here and there but nothing that causes me concern. One thing that was interesting is that on some holes I had brought multiple clubs with me depending on the lie and the shot needed to hit. I had read through most of the online tools and information and Arccos reminds us that the sensors are "sleeping" when pointed down and that if/when you bring multiple clubs with you be sure to have them butt end down... I didn't follow the advice and thus ended up with a few extra sensed shots that were easily cleaned up in the post-round - again nothing that really concerns me.

Overall Link works, providing you follow the instructions and create an opportunity for the sensor to "hear" the shot.

Back