Arccos Caddie Link

Is there a button on the link to mark the pin? As silly as it sounds, that was the one feature I wanted with this device.
Yes.

"During the round you can also set pin positions, by quickly pressing the power button when you are next to the hole."
I’ll test it out but here is the page:

I ordered my CaddieLink on January 23 2019 - 2 days after they presale opened and for the last month I have been told 2-3 weeks every 2-3 weeks. I am getting frustrated as I really want to try it as I found the AppleWatch sucks at detecting shots.
Please Arccos Ship these!!

Wow. My preorder has been in since last spring. I really hope this actually comes.

I've disliked having my phone in my pocket to the point that now I have my new phone I haven't set up Arccos yet.

I really wanted to give this a go for the morgan cup, but I have so many questions before I commit.
I hope you pre ordered it like Last year!! I did and I am still waiting for mine to ship.

Finally put new sensors in my clubs now just need the link!
The fact they have been promising the link for almost 2 years now and can't even get them out in a reasonable amount of time is worrisome.
Game Golf had this like 5 years ago how is it taking this long for Arccos???

I’ll test it out but here is the page:

I didn’t realize it had this feature. This alone would now make me want to try the link.

I ordered my CaddieLink on January 23 2019 - 2 days after they presale opened and for the last month I have been told 2-3 weeks every 2-3 weeks. I am getting frustrated as I really want to try it as I found the AppleWatch sucks at detecting shots.
They are currently shipping between now and October (according to their website) for all pre orders.
Wow. My preorder has been in since last spring. I really hope this actually comes.

I've disliked having my phone in my pocket to the point that now I have my new phone I haven't set up Arccos yet.
It will come! It’s very much real and we have one in for review!
I hope you pre ordered it like Last year!! I did and I am still waiting for mine to ship.

Finally put new sensors in my clubs now just need the link!
The fact they have been promising the link for almost 2 years now and can't even get them out in a reasonable amount of time is worrisome.
Game Golf had this like 5 years ago how is it taking this long for Arccos???
It’s quite a bit different from GG in that it doesn’t require any interaction. But yeah, the delay has been a bit excessive.

Regardless of if it is real or not. When you preorder something 20 months in the future and your time table for shipping keeps getting delayed when you see others with the unit you can be frustrated like I am.

I am sure I will see it in another 8-12 weeks (maybe)

Regardless of if it is real or not. When you preorder something 20 months in the future and your time table for shipping keeps getting delayed when you see others with the unit you can be frustrated like I am.

I am sure I will see it in another 8-12 weeks (maybe)
I agree.. Their statement is that they are shipping in order of when buyers placed their orders but that doesn't include all the units they've sent out to be reviewed / for promotional purposes. It can be frustrating but hopefully it's in hand within the next few weeks.

Last edited:
I agree.. Their statement is that they are shipping in order of when purchases placed their orders but that doesn't include all the units they've sent out to be reviewed / for promotional purposes. It can be frustrating but hopefully it's in hand within the next few weeks.
I completely get that frustration. I just hope it’s worth the wait for everyone. Because it’s been a heck of a wait.

I guess my first post may not be clear, but we have a Caddie Link in for review. Given the long delays and high expectations, I want to really kick the tires hard to reassure (or not) those with preorders and people on the fence. I’ve been using Arccos for over three years so I’ve got a real good understanding of the abilities and shortcomings.

I took the Caddie Link out for my round on Sunday and monitored it’s performance very closely throughout the round. I had the Apple Watch, iPhone, and Link all working together (Link for detection, phone for live looks on the course, and watch for quick glances). Using the Link instead of the phone was just as effective as the phone detection but without the hot phone in my pocket on a 90 degree day. When I did pull out my phone, there was a slight delay (a second or two) while the GPS information was sent to the app, although this makes sense with the app using an external device for GPS. The readings were accurate and I didn’t have any detection issues or missed shots other then with the putter.

Putter readings have always been a little issue with Arccos in my opinion and there were still a few instances of missed putts and added putts in my first round. It was honestly no different than with the phone detection. The real upside around the greens was the ability to mark the location of the pin, which made my approach distances and statistics a bit more accurate.

It is surprisingly small and far smaller than I expected when I was first considering it. I was a bit nervous I would snap the belt clip during the first round if I sat down but it didn’t happen and the clip is sturdy. I fumbled around with it in the beginning of the round because I had to read the instructions but once it’s on and connected, you never have to think about it again. I still need to test the music playing abilities at the same time as detection but I couldn’t during a competitive tournament, so that’s still TBD.

My take after one round - it works. It works just as well as the iPhone detection but gives you a bit more freedom to disconnect from your phone. I have a lot of testing to go but it’s a positive step for sure.

I guess my first post may not be clear, but we have a Caddie Link in for review. Given the long delays and high expectations, I want to really kick the tires hard to reassure (or not) those with preorders and people on the fence. I’ve been using Arccos for over three years so I’ve got a real good understanding of the abilities and shortcomings.

I took the Caddie Link out for my round on Sunday and monitored it’s performance very closely throughout the round. I had the Apple Watch, iPhone, and Link all working together (Link for detection, phone for live looks on the course, and watch for quick glances). Using the Link instead of the phone was just as effective as the phone detection but without the hot phone in my pocket on a 90 degree day. When I did pull out my phone, there was a slight delay (a second or two) while the GPS information was sent to the app, although this makes sense with the app using an external device for GPS. The readings were accurate and I didn’t have any detection issues or missed shots other then with the putter.

Putter readings have always been a little issue with Arccos in my opinion and there were still a few instances of missed putts and added putts in my first round. It was honestly no different than with the phone detection. The real upside around the greens was the ability to mark the location of the pin, which made my approach distances and statistics a bit more accurate.

It is surprisingly small and far smaller than I expected when I was first considering it. I was a bit nervous I would snap the belt clip during the first round if I sat down but it didn’t happen and the clip is sturdy. I fumbled around with it in the beginning of the round because I had to read the instructions but once it’s on and connected, you never have to think about it again. I still need to test the music playing abilities at the same time as detection but I couldn’t during a competitive tournament, so that’s still TBD.

My take after one round - it works. It works just as well as the iPhone detection but gives you a bit more freedom to disconnect from your phone. I have a lot of testing to go but it’s a positive step for sure.

So far so good. The one touch hole location button is a great feature add as the process through the phone was way to clunky to be usable during the round.

Looking forward to more feedback while we continue to wait......and wait.....and wait....:D

Molten

I am not bitter about media outlets getting units for testing/reviews. I am upset with Arccos because they have no idea on supply chain management and should have had enough units in the initial shipping to cover as many preorders as they could.

As I mentioned - I placed my preorder 2 days after the initial window opened. It has been a Long almost 2 years and now when you send an email inquiry into Arccos the standard response is 2-3 weeks - this has happened to me 3 times now. We are about to hit September in the Northeast with realistically 8 weeks or so left of the season.

I am glad to hear it is working well and how it should - I am just frustrated with how it has been rolled out - especially for those who wanted to be an early adopter.

Molten

I am not bitter about media outlets getting units for testing/reviews. I am upset with Arccos because they have no idea on supply chain management and should have had enough units in the initial shipping to cover as many preorders as they could.

As I mentioned - I placed my preorder 2 days after the initial window opened. It has been a Long almost 2 years and now when you send an email inquiry into Arccos the standard response is 2-3 weeks - this has happened to me 3 times now. We are about to hit September in the Northeast with realistically 8 weeks or so left of the season.

I am glad to hear it is working well and how it should - I am just frustrated with how it has been rolled out - especially for those who wanted to be an early adopter.

I can't speak for other media outlets. But I do want to say that we didn't get our unit from Arccos.
We have been working with the team at Cobra Golf and this unit long before pre-order began or it being public.

I tend to agree that Arccos should be fulfilling orders on these and the good news is they appear to be, albeit slower than most want.

I like what you are saying here.

Molten

Arccos has surely had an issue with the development, introduction of and rollout of the link device. I have always wondered if it is a funding issue. I hope that these types of technology can succeed financially, because they add to the enjoyment of the game for me.

Dang I am 3 months after you and was told 3-5 weeks 4+ weeks ago... so I am not counting on getting mine anytime soon.

That is good to read @Molten i hope it continues to work well. It would be a nice change to leave the phone in the cart.

Great writeup Gary! Definitely seems worth the wait. Looks like we'll be waiting a while but at least it sounds like they got the product right.. I cannot wait to try it

I’ve been putting some real thought into whether I would really need this device and I’ve decided it’s a good addition (if it keeps working well) but man am I getting sick of the number of things I need to charge before my rounds. It’s getting kind of crazy. Not really about Link, per se, but golf is becoming very digital

I’ve been putting some real thought into whether I would really need this device and I’ve decided it’s a good addition (if it keeps working well) but man am I getting sick of the number of things I need to charge before my rounds. It’s getting kind of crazy. Not really about Link, per se, but golf is becoming very digital
What's the (alleged) battery life for Link?

I carry a big backup battery with a bunch of connections now for that reason..

What's the (alleged) battery life for Link?
They say it is two rounds of golf (Up to ten hours). I’ll fully charge and then test that theory.

You and I have discussed this. We both have electric powered cart/trollies, so here is the potential list of things that need to be charged before a round:

1. The cart battery
2. The remote for the cart
3. Cell phone
4. The Link or the watch if using Shot Scope
5. A speaker if one wants to play tunes

It eliminates spontaneity if one wants to utilize all of the technology available.

You and I have discussed this. We both have electric powered cart/trollies, so here is the potential list of things that need to be charged before a round:

1. The cart battery
2. The remote for the cart
3. Cell phone
4. The Link or the watch if using Shot Scope
5. A speaker if one wants to play tunes

It eliminates spontaneity if one wants to utilize all of the technology available.
You forgot to list the jumper cables!

I am interested in the Link, but may not be by November/December when I could get one. I am definitely following along and appreciate the review/reviews to come. It will help me decide if it is worth purchasing when they become available to people without preorders.

It’s AAAAMazing - I got the email to complete my purchase. Fingers crossed it gets here soon!

Back