Arccos Caddie Link

Again with all of these, once I get it I'll believe it.

I pre-ordered in March 2019 which isn't super early compared to others.

I'm thankful that get fall and winter golf, but considering that target shipment was summer 2019, it really feels like they missed.

I wonder what the delay was. If they took preorders that to me means they had a reasonable prototype already. I'm guessing that whatever sensors they were trying to put into the device didn't meet budget or something else on the hardware side. I guess it's better than what game golf did.

I tried the speaker and it worked. Im the idiot that only has enough charge for a hole but the connection was fine. I’ll be going with a full charge next time. I failed at keeping everything charged (per my earlier comment about too many batteries!)

I looked into why the phone detection doesn’t allow a speaker - I guess the microphone interrupted the Bluetooth signal so you couldn’t have the same device doing both. Now we have two.
I don't think that is it since Arccos worked great while I had a earbud in.
I am guessing some phones can do it and some can't

I don't think that is it since Arccos worked great while I had a earbud in.
I am guessing some phones can do it and some can't
That could be too, yeah.

I tried the speaker and it worked. Im the idiot that only has enough charge for a hole but the connection was fine. I’ll be going with a full charge next time. I failed at keeping everything charged (per my earlier comment about too many batteries!)

I looked into why the phone detection doesn’t allow a speaker - I guess the microphone interrupted the Bluetooth signal so you couldn’t have the same device doing both. Now we have two.
There was a bug awhile back that's hopefully been fixed where the app engaged bluetooth during the round without needing it. I had a couple rounds get really weird a year ago

The location that you were the device definitely matters just like it did with the phone. I moved it around on my belt yesterday, and when I got behind the seam of my shirt (or my shorts) The detection became less reliable. When I moved it back toward the front pocket it didn’t miss any.

I wouldn’t be surprised to learn that you can put the smaller piece in your front left pocket and it work perfectly. I may give that a try next round.

The location that you were the device definitely matters just like it did with the phone. I moved it around on my belt yesterday, and when I got behind the seam of my shirt (or my shorts) The detection became less reliable. When I moved it back toward the front pocket it didn’t miss any.

I wouldn’t be surprised to learn that you can put the smaller piece in your front left pocket and it work perfectly. I may give that a try next round.

I am inferring from this it would not be necessary to tuck in the shirt when clipping it on a belt?

I am inferring from this it would not be necessary to tuck in the shirt when clipping it on a belt?
I think the whole link in pocket experiment will give me more insight into this but if there is too much fabric in the way, I’d bet detection would start to fail. Arccos has a FAQ that says it shouldn’t be blocked by clothes to ensure detection.

I think the whole link in pocket experiment will give me more insight into this but if there is too much fabric in the way, I’d bet detection would start to fail. Arccos has a FAQ that says it shouldn’t be blocked by clothes to ensure detection.
Seriously? Can’t wait to see your pocket test. If it’s belt only that kind of takes away from the luster of it maybe.

Seriously? Can’t wait to see your pocket test. If it’s belt only that kind of takes away from the luster of it maybe.

I'm actually ok with the belt only part. However, I did Arccos all of last season and none of this season, so maybe it's already lost its luster for me.

I'm actually ok with the belt only part. However, I did Arccos all of last season and none of this season, so maybe it's already lost its luster for me.
I don’t use it every round, especially not on league nights where I’m there for fun and I want my music so that’s a big bummer. It’s really the only reason I’m interested in the link at all to be completely honest.

That is prolly because I know the course so well though, I always use it when playing a new or unfamiliar course for the yardages and I actually like the GPS better than laser in anything over 100 yds

I had made the purchase but I cancelled my order to see what everyone's review is of it.

Can't wait till Thursday when Mine is supposed to arrive.

Can't wait till Thursday when Mine is supposed to arrive.
Will have to check it out when we get on the course someday.

Good luck tomorrow

Just got notification that mine is inbound.

Excited to see it come on in finally.

me too, looking forward to seeing this thing in hand.

Nice, I just emailed them for a status update since they told me to expect an update in 3-5 weeks and we are at 6 weeks. I preordered April... so might be a bit longer for me since I see you preordered in March. I originally preordered in January then cancelled. Oh well.

Since this is the only Arccos thread I could find ....

Is Arccos going to install the sensors IN any other grips besides the MCC +4 grips & I think one other one (maybe Lamkin)? I have a brand new set of Arccos grips in the MCC but I'm not too fond of that grip, so that's why I haven't used them yet. I would like to see them in a lot of different grips. I'm not too fond of screwing the sensors in either :unsure:

Since this is the only Arccos thread I could find ....

Is Arccos going to install the sensors IN any other grips besides the MCC +4 grips & I think one other one (maybe Lamkin)? I have a brand new set of Arccos grips in the MCC but I'm not too fond of that grip, so that's why I haven't used them yet. I would like to see them in a lot of different grips. I'm not too fond of screwing the sensors in either :unsure:

They have them in a lot of options now. Lamkin was the first, then added Golf Pride and has expanded options since.

3 options through arccos direct:

bunch more if you go cobra:

Also if you go cobra you can buy them individually vs a set through arccos. EDIT, those don't have the sensors from cobra... .but if you get the clubs you get the sensors right? Can you pull sensors from 1 grip to install in another????

Nice, I just emailed them for a status update since they told me to expect an update in 3-5 weeks and we are at 6 weeks. I preordered April... so might be a bit longer for me since I see you preordered in March. I originally preordered in January then cancelled. Oh well.
I'm an April pre-order as well. Patiently waiting...

They have them in a lot of options now. Lamkin was the first, then added Golf Pride and has expanded options since.

3 options through arccos direct:

bunch more if you go cobra:

Also if you go cobra you can buy them individually vs a set through arccos. EDIT, those don't have the sensors from cobra... .but if you get the clubs you get the sensors right? Can you pull sensors from 1 grip to install in another????

Yes you can pull sensors from one grip and move them to another

they just responded to my email and said my notification email will come tomorrow. So april 2019 preorders, our time is coming.

they just responded to my email and said my notification email will come tomorrow. So april 2019 preorders, our time is coming.
I ordered in April as well and still haven't seen anything. Hopefully soon!

What is it now?

$100.

Think my preorder was $60, or 70. Will see tomorrow.

Back