Arccos Caddie Link

Molten

Man Down
Reaction score
Handicap
Arccos is finally starting to ship its Caddie Link product after a long, long wait and delays. The Caddie Link is a low profile device, worn at about your waist, that pairs the Arccos sensors to the Caddie app.

C8CE4570-AA8A-46ED-A7C0-13A9AC1FD728.jpeg

We have a few threads here and there on the Caddie Link discussing the concept and the lengthy pre-order period but we now that the device is making its way into the hands of golfers, it needs a proper thread.

The Arccos Caddie Link solves a few problems for people using the Arccos system. For example, with the Caddie Link you no longer need your phone in your front pocket (a very, very common complaint). Or if you used liked using an Apple Watch to detect shots but hated the battery life, you can save your battery for other uses. More in line with my type of round, you can finally free up your phone’s Bluetooth to use a speaker instead of collecting shot data. Regardless of how you use it, for those who had gripes with the available options to use Arccos may finally have something to be excited about.

6670A188-66A8-46D7-8FA6-D5A10CD4727F.jpeg

Best of all, the Caddie Link is pretty darn tiny. Like box of matches tiny.

EB17A152-310F-4A1D-80BE-03182F1AC68D.jpeg

So who had the Caddie Link and who going to get one? How are you liking it so far?

I really wanted to give this a go for the morgan cup, but I have so many questions before I commit.

I have mine on order. Waiting for the shipping notice.

I'l pick one up when they land in Aus. Might be here by October.

Are they shipping right away in the US? Anyone know?

I believe in supposed to be notified in the next couple weeks to verify I want my pre-order and then it will ship. I'm looking forward to trying it out!

Im so pumped that this is now available. Hate having to keep my phone in my (front) pocket the entire round.

I'll be honest, I really don't understand the purpose here. With the Link, you no longer need your phone in your pocket and Arccos becomes a shot tracker to record which clubs and distances you hit. BUT, you lose the ability to use Caddie (which is on your phone), or the GPS features (also, phone in the cart). Maybe if you were walking the course and had your phone in your push cart?

The watch app requires an apple watch, but I've never had it work well without pairing to the phone.

I must be missing something here with the Link, because it feels like I'll lose functionality (GPS, Caddie) so I don't have a phone in my pocket

I'll be honest, I really don't understand the purpose here. With the Link, you no longer need your phone in your pocket and Arccos becomes a shot tracker to record which clubs and distances you hit. BUT, you lose the ability to use Caddie (which is on your phone), or the GPS features (also, phone in the cart). Maybe if you were walking the course and had your phone in your push cart?

The watch app requires an apple watch, but I've never had it work well without pairing to the phone.

I must be missing something here with the Link, because it feels like I'll lose functionality (GPS, Caddie) so I don't have a phone in my pocket
Part of the downside of using the phone is that you cannot use your phone to play music through a Bluetooth speaker. I intend to use the link for shot tracking and still use the caddie/gps function on the phone but also be able to play music. It also allows me to take the phone out of my pocket when I don't want it there.

You don't lose the ability to use Caddie or the GPS features. You just don't need need to keep your phone in your pocket.

Part of the downside of using the phone is that you cannot use your phone to play music through a Bluetooth speaker. I intend to use the link for shot tracking and still use the caddie/gps function on the phone but also be able to play music. It also allows me to take the phone out of my pocket when I don't want it there.

Ok, so I can see opening up the bluetooth connection for a speaker, that makes a lot more sense now. Let me know how it works out for you! I tend to use one of my kids old devices they no longer use for the bluetooth connection for music

Pre-ordered mine, apparently not shipping till September so but of a wait for mine.

I’m hoping it resolves the shot detection issues I seem to have especially with greens and multiple tee boxes close to each other and the round seeming to lose where it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Btw, this thread reminded me to go check and see when I was due to receive my invoice. It was supposed to come last week and so I reached out again. I just got an email back that they are running behind and it should be within another 2-3 weeks. It has been nothing but delays with this product. They did assure me that they are filling the pre-orders in the order they came and that all the pre-orders will be shipped before any new orders. Just an FYI for anyone waiting or placing an order.

I agree, I have no use for the thing. Rest assured the belt clip will fail, I think the link will be laying in the fairway not tracking anything.
.....I guess I should give it a fair shake, I’ll probably have one in a couple of weeks. I’ll report back if the thing has any advantage.

Last edited:
The link is something I am hoping to have for next season. I didn't put in a preorder due to having the Apple Watch and don't really mind the phone in the pocket. However, the Apple Watch has not been very reliable and I prefer to not have to pull the phone out on every hole to check my shots were recorded and to use the caddie feature. Now, I just have to wait till Arccos has the link in stock for the general public to purchase and ship.

You don't lose the ability to use Caddie or the GPS features. You just don't need need to keep your phone in your pocket.
Yeah, I think this is the case. I haven't used it yet but the documentation makes it seem like you don't lose the GPS in app.

I agree, I have no use for the thing. Rest assured the belt clip will fail, I think the link will be laying in the fairway not tracking anything.
.....I guess I should give it a fair shake, I’ll probably have one in a couple of weeks. I’ll report back if the thing has any advantage.
I get what you are saying. I was actually discussing the Link a week or two ago with the 2019 Morgan Cup (and current) Champions because it was supposed to come out back before we played in Haig Point. The opinions ranged from can't wait to it will be handy to I don't see the point. It certainly isn't a must have item but it does fill a need for some.

I mentioned this in another thread, but the link does not work with gen 1 sensors. I've been contemplating upgrading my sensors anyway as some have been acting up. But if I want to use the link, I am forced to upgrade.

My trial run with the Caddie Link is tomorrow morning - if you have questions, let me know! I’m approaching this round with a whole lot of anticipation and praying it works well. Also praying the belt clip doesn’t break...

One of my best experiences with Arccos is their support, had my gen 1 putter sensor fail (long time after I purchased the smart sensor set), they said no problem, sent me the latest version.

Had another smart sensor (1st even smart) stop pairing & they did the same and even apologized because they were backed up with delivery delays from manufacturing.

Thank being said, I’m hopeful the link takes out the errors I see with every round and using the phone

My trial run with the Caddie Link is tomorrow morning - if you have questions, let me know! I’m approaching this round with a whole lot of anticipation and praying it works well. Also praying the belt clip doesn’t break...

Would love to know if you’ve had the following:

Fails to pick up shot or picks up shot but applies to next hole

Wind is higher so fails to pick up a shot that may not be a driver

Then if the link grabs or removes these issues I’m happier about my pre-order.

Is there a button on the link to mark the pin? As silly as it sounds, that was the one feature I wanted with this device.

This and my understanding is there is a button to mark the hole location. As for worries about the clip, I added a carabiner and retractable cord to my golf buddy world gps so I would not lose it if I knocked it out of the holder. I will probably do the same after I get the link.

Last edited:
Back