Arccos In-Play Issues with Link

Just got an email that they have released the Gen 3 sensors... I wonder if they borked something in their software regarding the Gen 2 sensors.
They also squeezed in a price increase. Now $155.88/year.

They also squeezed in a price increase. Now $155.88/year.

That's where the discount on the subscription gift card comes in for sure!

Support determined that my link microphone is dead... now to find my receipt from DSG and hope they'll still replace it after just over a year.

They are going to send me a new link - but I have send back the one I have first. Thankfully, they are willing to send the new one once I can show proof that I've sent the bad one so they'll cross in the mail.

Following up on my Link...

It was technically out of warranty (by a week), and purchased through DSG instead of direct. Arcoss still sent me a new one, no charge, two day shipping. They decided they didn't want the old one back.

I get some folks being frustrated, but I've always been willing to pay more to take care of a company that takes care of me. Nothing works perfectly 100% of the time, but a company doing what's right when things go sideways means a lot to me.

I played a quick 9 with @snafu and the link missed 1 shot the entire round.

Same here - Everything seems to be working fine, but it doesn't recognize any of my clubs. Shot detection appears to be working, but then I have to tell it which club I hit 🙄
Registered just so I could reply. Im having the worst ******* luck with the link. Its just stopped detecting shots period. Tried messing with settings rebooting etc reinstalling app. No dice. They sent me a replacement. Played ONE hole where the new one worked and then it too stopped detecting shots.

On the link diagnostic screen I would see the club detected fall on and off, and now its detecting NONE of them for any duration. Kinda pissed for something I paid over 100.00 for.

Ill mess with it some more today, but I may just get a refund on the link and use my phone which seems to work well enough.

Only thing I would miss is the one button press to mark pin locations.

Last edited:
Registered just so I could reply. Im having the worst ******* luck with the link. Its just stopped detecting shots period. Tried messing with settings rebooting etc reinstalling app. No dice. They sent me a replacement. Played ONE hole where the new one worked and then it too stopped detecting shots.

On the link diagnostic screen I would see the club detected fall on and off, and now its detecting NONE of them. Kinda pissed for something I paid over 100.00 for.

Ill mess with it some more today, but I may just get a refund on the link and use my phone which seems to work well enough.

Arccos replaced mine under warranty, and the new one worked just fine. I upgraded my apple watch recently, and I've switched to using the watch. It's superior to the link in detection, I'm never worried about losing it, and my phone stays attached to my pushcart. I have a nearly new link now that I'm not sure I'll ever use again :LOL:

On the link diagnostic screen I would see the club detected fall on and off, and now its detecting NONE of them for any duration. Kinda pissed for something I paid over 100.00 for.

Also... :welcome:

Thanks hah.

Ive gotten good stuff out of the system overall, but damn the link is annoying me.
Whole new bag this year so something to tell me roughly how far each club is going has been pretty helpful.

maybe i need to get myself an apple watch when the new ones launch this year.

Thanks hah.

Ive gotten good stuff out of the system overall, but damn the link is annoying me.
Whole new bag this year so something to tell me roughly how far each club is going has been pretty helpful.
Hah, I hear you. I think the link was a good idea, but maybe not put together as well as they thought. I replaced my irons last winter. I've had nothing but great interactions with the customer service at Arccos, have you tried reaching out to them?

I've actually got a replacement sensor in the mail because the battery died in my 9i sensor. This'll be like the 5th or 6th sensor to get warranty replaced.

Hah, I hear you. I think the link was a good idea, but maybe not put together as well as they thought. I replaced my irons last winter. I've had nothing but great interactions with the customer service at Arccos, have you tried reaching out to them?

I've actually got a replacement sensor in the mail because the battery died in my 9i sensor. This'll be like the 5th or 6th sensor to get warranty replaced.

Yeah I did deal with them when the first link started ish-ing the bed. Now this new one already has, but im trying a full discharge on it and then will see if I cant get it to play nice. Ill be reaching out to support again if it doesnt work. Not paying for something that cant see my clubs anymore. I gotta wonder if a bad batch of these happened. First one worked for several rounds, this one didnt make it through more than two holes.

Yeah I did deal with them when the first link started ish-ing the bed. Now this new one already has, but im trying a full discharge on it and then will see if I cant get it to play nice. Ill be reaching out to support again if it doesnt work. Not paying for something that cant see my clubs anymore. I gotta wonder if a bad batch of these happened. First one worked for several rounds, this one didnt make it through more than two holes.
My first one lasted just over a year before it bit the dust. If it's not picking up ANY shots, I'd guess the microphone has died. Hope they get you sorted out!

My first one lasted just over a year before it bit the dust. If it's not picking up ANY shots, I'd guess the microphone has died. Hope they get you sorted out!
problem is its not seeing what club I have, no idea why. Its what my other one stopped doing, this just accelerated its rate of dumb over the other one.

problem is its not seeing what club I have, no idea why. Its what my other one stopped doing, this just accelerated its rate of dumb over the other one.
The link can't tell because it's not getting a signal from the sensor. It uses a microphone for that. Think dog whistle frequencies... Most of us can't hear it, but it's there. Any chance you got the link wet? Mine did not like water...

The link can't tell because it's not getting a signal from the sensor. It uses a microphone for that. Think dog whistle frequencies... Most of us can't hear it, but it's there. Any chance you got the link wet? Mine did not like water...
bone dry, it made it through only 1 hole before it stopped detecting them. hmm... I gotta wonder though, ok I got something I need to check on. Wonder if the ice melt from my bag of beer is interfering with the tone the sensors make. time for some compressed air.

That could be an issue if the bottom of your bag is holding water :ROFLMAO:

That could be an issue if the bottom of your bag is holding water :ROFLMAO:
oddly enough though scanning the sensor (shows working ok) and using my phone works. wonder if the link is just super sensitive... im going with it just being a piece of crap haha

I've been using Arccos with the Link since March/April I think? It's been ok for the most part, but I've been having alot of issues lately. My link often times takes a really long time to sync GPS signal/bag process and just about misses one putt per hole. (I'm a 2-3 putt guy at the moment.) Surprisingly, it doesn't miss any other shots. I put the Link down low in my front pocket and orientation is more horizontal than vertical. Seems to work pretty well, just misses putts.

I did just upgrade shafts and had to move sensors over and now three of them can't be recognized. Inside, outside, bright, well lit, doesn't matter. Makes me think they died somewhere between shaft changes. Go figure.

ShotScope is looking a lot better lately. :unsure:

I've been using Arccos with the Link since March/April I think? It's been ok for the most part, but I've been having alot of issues lately. My link often times takes a really long time to sync GPS signal/bag process and just about misses one putt per hole. (I'm a 2-3 putt guy at the moment.) Surprisingly, it doesn't miss any other shots. I put the Link down low in my front pocket and orientation is more horizontal than vertical. Seems to work pretty well, just misses putts.

I did just upgrade shafts and had to move sensors over and now three of them can't be recognized. Inside, outside, bright, well lit, doesn't matter. Makes me think they died somewhere between shaft changes. Go figure.

ShotScope is looking a lot better lately. :unsure:

Silly thing is I HAVE a damn shot scope too haha. Didnt know it had the sensor package when I ordered it. my refurb garmin s62 died so I needed something.

I really like my Arccos system, but the last few rounds it has been really wonky. Can start up the round just fine, but picking up shots has become a real challenge. Started a round yesterday, and after finishing first hole I usually check the app on phone to see shots and make sure putts are recorded properly. Well, app still thought I was on tee box, showed that driver was detected, but nothing else after that. Ugh!

Shut down Link, restarted the Link and did the same for app on phone. Got myself reconnected and round going again. Same issue on next hole. Teed off on par 3 and showed correct iron used, but no other shots after that while I completed the hole.

Gave up on the Link for the rest of the round and just manually input my shots. I need to check to see if there are any firmware updates, but the last couple rounds were a pain without it.

Back