Arccos In-Play Issues with Link

Junkyard

Will Travel for Golf
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Admittedly I haven't searched THP but I did go through the Arccos website without finding the answer I'm looking for.

I've had two rounds now where the Link has lost satellite signal (how does that happen anyway?) so I have switched from Link to phone mid-round. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to switch back to Link. I even restarted my phone, and had Arccos showing that the Link diagnostics were good, but I can't get it to reactivate.

Anybody here know how and care to share?

Admittedly I haven't searched THP but I did go through the Arccos website without finding the answer I'm looking for.

I've had two rounds now where the Link has lost satellite signal (how does that happen anyway?) so I have switched from Link to phone mid-round. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to switch back to Link. I even restarted my phone, and had Arccos showing that the Link diagnostics were good, but I can't get it to reactivate.

Anybody here know how and care to share?

It's happened to me 4 of the last 5 rounds. After about 12 to 13 hikes, the phone loses signal with the link or the link looses connection with satellite.b

I don’t know how you can switch mid-round. I have had nothing but trouble with the link and just went back to using my phone in pocket.

Following as well. I’d really like to try my Apple Watch again and I expect switching back to phone would be a similar process…

I had issues with my first link recently. I ended doing some troubleshooting with Arccos after would start round and then it would not pick up a shot.

They ended up sending me a new one, and so far so good with a few rounds in.

Sure can be frustrating though. I do find that if I start the round with the Link, my watch has a hard time seeing that a round has started so I can see yardages on watch and not have to pull phone from pocket or cart.

Can't just get it all to work properly together it seems.

I had issues with my first link recently. I ended doing some troubleshooting with Arccos after would start round and then it would not pick up a shot.

They ended up sending me a new one, and so far so good with a few rounds in.

Sure can be frustrating though. I do find that if I start the round with the Link, my watch has a hard time seeing that a round has started so I can see yardages on watch and not have to pull phone from pocket or cart.

Can't just get it all to work properly together it seems.
When it works it picks up shots very well, even putt detection seems better than the phone. I just can't wrap my head around how you can be outside on a golf course which is a wide open space and lose a satellite signal?
They make it easy to switch from Link to phone, but not vice versa. I'm going to shoot them an email and see what they say.

I have another question for Arccos users: let's say I hit driver OB off the tee and choose to hit again from the tee. Since Arccos only seems to detect one impact, to be correct am I adding a two-shot penalty to the drive? I've tried adding in a shot, but I don't think that's correct. Thinking about it as I type this, it seems to make sense as I'm not going to the location of the lost ball to measure distance so the drive from the tee is the shot regardless of being the 1st, 3rd or 5th shot right?

I have another question for Arccos users: let's say I hit driver OB off the tee and choose to hit again from the tee. Since Arccos only seems to detect one impact, to be correct am I adding a two-shot penalty to the drive? I've tried adding in a shot, but I don't think that's correct. Thinking about it as I type this, it seems to make sense as I'm not going to the location of the lost ball to measure distance so the drive from the tee is the shot regardless of being the 1st, 3rd or 5th shot right?
Yep, that’s exactly what I do. Same with other penalty strokes. I tap the shot where I “want” to add the penalty and select the number of penalty strokes to add - either one or two.

When it works it picks up shots very well, even putt detection seems better than the phone. I just can't wrap my head around how you can be outside on a golf course which is a wide open space and lose a satellite signal?
They make it easy to switch from Link to phone, but not vice versa. I'm going to shoot them an email and see what they say.
yes agreed that when it works it works great. Nice to be able to have music playing as well while using it.

Yep, that’s exactly what I do. Same with other penalty strokes. I tap the shot where I “want” to add the penalty and select the number of penalty strokes to add - either one or two.
I do the same. Select shot and add penalty.

I had similar issues. I returned it. In the end it gave me an excuse to buy a new Apple Watch Series 6. I have had NO issues with that. And the yardages, Caddie, and ability to add putts is awesome. I only use my phone for distance to hazards ect.

I had similar issues. I returned it. In the end it gave me an excuse to buy a new Apple Watch Series 6. I have had NO issues with that. And the yardages, Caddie, and ability to add putts is awesome. I only use my phone for distance to hazards ect.
How has the series 6 worked with the battery? My series 5 can’t last an entire round if using at the shot tracker.

How has the series 6 worked with the battery? My series 5 can’t last an entire round if using at the shot tracker.

I make sure its on the charger until I leave for my round. Usually has about 30% left at the end. We avg about 4hr rounds. So it’s been good. I used to have to “sync” it at the end of the round but after the latest update it does it automatically. I’ve honestly become quite reliant on it. Have to add a putt here and there or change a putt to a chip if I’m off the green. Sometimes it misses a bunker shot which has a thump as apposed to a normal golf shot sound. But besides that no issues.

Fwiw, no issues with link over three rounds the last two days

I have had this exact problem a couple times. I have not found any way to reconnect to the link, after you select the change to phone option.

I emailed and received no response. This is disturbing as they have responded to other questions.

The only thing I will mention here is the next time, I just kept selecting to remain connected to the link and after a while (15 mins?) It started picking up shots again.

Today I had a new problem but I don't want to hijack the thread, so I'll leave it at that. If I get any response or make any progress, I'll update.

When it works out is great but I've had issues with it not registering shots and the satellite issue once. I've had issues trying to have it continue the round with the phone as well. It doesn't appear to like switching mid round

I would suggest emailing Arccos support. They have a reputation of being pretty good.

Funny 1 day last week the Link would not aquire a sattelite signal and I had to play using the phone.
It has only happened 1 time. I have never had it lose it halfway thru a round But I can't figure how to get it to use the link midway thru a round.

Update: I received a response back from support and the answer is that it is not currently possible to switch to the Link mid-round. You can switch from Link to phone if the Link has issues, but once you're on the phone you're on the phone until you finish the round. The only way to use a Link is to start the round with it.

Not super convenient, but then again I can't understand how you can lose a satellite signal in the middle of a wide-open space with a clear view of the sky.

Update: I received a response back from support and the answer is that it is not currently possible to switch to the Link mid-round. You can switch from Link to phone if the Link has issues, but once you're on the phone you're on the phone until you finish the round. The only way to use a Link is to start the round with it.

Not super convenient, but then again I can't understand how you can lose a satellite signal in the middle of a wide-open space with a clear view of the sky.
This is timely as I had this issue this morning and it was driving me a bit nuts through the first few holes until I gave up. I had just assumed there was a way to jump to the link. I guess I have learned my lesson to not show up 10 minutes before my tee time on a first tee that comes out of the woods.

It's my one major gripe with the app. I play some local park courses that have some knee high rough in-bounds. Punishes shots that are only 10-15 yards off their line.

Another has a conspicuously placed water hazard that temps aggressive 2nds (225 avg to clear) I'd like to know how many times I'm short in the water (there's a bunker long right - those show up) Water and sand add to my scores for sure but I really wonder how "safe" laying up and chipping to a green that slopes away from the most common pin locations.

Just last round I pulled a 6i into a green side tree. Heard the solid wack of a branch but for the life of me couldn't find it. Proceeded under stroke and distance but would like to have recorded the "shot" for club data.

Adding a penalty gets the correct score for the round but doesn't tell me weeks later that the first was a overcooked draw or whatever.

My watch often drops the round requiring me to revert to my phone. Not a big deal but the easy read yardages are convenient. I don't have the link.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Welp my Link has crapped out on me the last two rounds. Won’t register a single shot. Reaching out to Arccos to see what’s going on.

Welp my Link has crapped out on me the last two rounds. Won’t register a single shot. Reaching out to Arccos to see what’s going on.

Same here… I also sent in a request for help!

Link here in the mountains has been an issue. So has Arccos in general. When I regrip I’m going to ShotScope

On Wednesday, I played and Arccos was way off with all my shots. I am wondering if there were having a issue.
It was so bad I just turned it off after the 2nd hole. It wasn't worth it to haggle with it the whole round.

I am on my 2nd link. the 1st was replaced under warranty when it randomly just stopped detecting shots.

Back