Carl's Place

ApexFan

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
So in the Secret Santa I received a set of Arccos sensors. I finally got around to installing them and paired em. However I can’t get the app to move forward from there. It keeps saying buy sensors now. I went back in and the clubs I paired are no longer on the list. I assume this means they paired. Do I need to pay for something in order for them to work or is something wrong?

fuffle master

Hit it, Hit it, Hit it Hard!!
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Working
If you have the screw in sensors they do not require any payments or subscription. The connect Arccos inside the grips are the subscription sensors.

Not sure if it’s still the same, but I had to have 5 rounds of golf with the sensors before caddie worked.

Do you have the start a round option at the bottom? Take a screen shot and post so we can see where your app is frozen.

ApexFan

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
If you have the screw in sensors they do not require any payments or subscription. The connect Arccos inside the grips are the subscription sensors.
They are the screw in. So I’m wondering if something if wrong with the app. Maybe I need to reload it. No idea.

fuffle master

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Working
They are the screw in. So I’m wondering if something if wrong with the app. Maybe I need to reload it. No idea.
I edited my post. Take a screen shot and post where the app is stuck.

ApexFan

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I edited my post. Take a screen shot and post where the app is stuck.
No worries, I deleted the app and reloaded. Now it’s working fine. It kept going back to pairing. Now it seems to be fine as it pulled up the closest course and is ready to play.

Duffer Waldorf

Team Paradise Walk-On
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
8.4 GHIN
If you have the screw in sensors they do not require any payments or subscription.
This is inaccurate. There are 3rd generation (i.e. subscription-based) screw-in sensors.

I don't know how to tell one generation from another, but since you got them in December, there's a good chance they are the subscription-free sensors.

fuffle master

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Working
This is inaccurate. There are 3rd generation (i.e. subscription-based) screw-in sensors.

I don't know how to tell one generation from another, but since you got them in December, there's a good chance they are the subscription-free sensors.
I didn’t know about these. That stinks if they have discontinued the subscription fee sensors.

Datkison

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I didn’t know about these. That stinks if they have discontinued the subscription fee sensors.
It is true, If you have 2nd gen then no subscription. They did lower the price of the 3rd gen to 179 from 249.

Jmk202

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
<13
@ApexFan let us know once you start using them. I started last fall and have 50+ rounds in Arccos and have really loved them. Tons of data collected pretty easily, and its presented back in useful methods. If you want there is also a online dashboard so you can access your data via computer if you want.

ApexFan

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
@ApexFan let us know once you start using them. I started last fall and have 50+ rounds in Arccos and have really loved them. Tons of data collected pretty easily, and its presented back in useful methods. If you want there is also a online dashboard so you can access your data via computer if you want.
Today will be my first round with them. Pretty excited to get the data without having to keep stats myself.

Jmk202

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
<13
Today will be my first round with them. Pretty excited to get the data without having to keep stats myself.
Yeah I love it. It will take a bit to get used to, some people really hate the phone in the pocket, but they now offer the link instead. As your walking off every green, just check the putts counted real quick and your good to go! hint* if you putt off the green and want it counted as a chip (technically correct) just pull up the bottom of the screen and you can tap the putt that was a chip and click chip.

I've started marking my pin position as well to get better distance to the pin stats but I didn't do that for a long time.

ApexFan

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Yeah I love it. It will take a bit to get used to, some people really hate the phone in the pocket, but they now offer the link instead. As your walking off every green, just check the putts counted real quick and your good to go! hint* if you putt off the green and want it counted as a chip (technically correct) just pull up the bottom of the screen and you can tap the putt that was a chip and click chip.

I've started marking my pin position as well to get better distance to the pin stats but I didn't do that for a long time.
I will be using the phone in the pocket for now. Seems the link is back ordered at this point. If I really like it and the phone bugs me I’ll get one when available. I need to pair the putter before I head out.

ApexFan

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I will be using the phone in the pocket for now. Seems the link is back ordered at this point. If I really like it and the phone bugs me I’ll get one when available. I need to pair the putter before I head out.
Or not, won’t work on my putter grip.

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in