Flipit

Aka- ApexFan
Reaction score
Handicap
So in the Secret Santa I received a set of Arccos sensors. I finally got around to installing them and paired em. However I can’t get the app to move forward from there. It keeps saying buy sensors now. I went back in and the clubs I paired are no longer on the list. I assume this means they paired. Do I need to pay for something in order for them to work or is something wrong?

If you have the screw in sensors they do not require any payments or subscription. The connect Arccos inside the grips are the subscription sensors.

Not sure if it’s still the same, but I had to have 5 rounds of golf with the sensors before caddie worked.

Do you have the start a round option at the bottom? Take a screen shot and post so we can see where your app is frozen.

If you have the screw in sensors they do not require any payments or subscription. The connect Arccos inside the grips are the subscription sensors.
They are the screw in. So I’m wondering if something if wrong with the app. Maybe I need to reload it. No idea.

They are the screw in. So I’m wondering if something if wrong with the app. Maybe I need to reload it. No idea.
I edited my post. Take a screen shot and post where the app is stuck.

I edited my post. Take a screen shot and post where the app is stuck.
No worries, I deleted the app and reloaded. Now it’s working fine. It kept going back to pairing. Now it seems to be fine as it pulled up the closest course and is ready to play.

If you have the screw in sensors they do not require any payments or subscription.
This is inaccurate. There are 3rd generation (i.e. subscription-based) screw-in sensors.

I don't know how to tell one generation from another, but since you got them in December, there's a good chance they are the subscription-free sensors.

This is inaccurate. There are 3rd generation (i.e. subscription-based) screw-in sensors.

I don't know how to tell one generation from another, but since you got them in December, there's a good chance they are the subscription-free sensors.
I didn’t know about these. That stinks if they have discontinued the subscription fee sensors.

I didn’t know about these. That stinks if they have discontinued the subscription fee sensors.
It is true, If you have 2nd gen then no subscription. They did lower the price of the 3rd gen to 179 from 249.

@ApexFan let us know once you start using them. I started last fall and have 50+ rounds in Arccos and have really loved them. Tons of data collected pretty easily, and its presented back in useful methods. If you want there is also a online dashboard so you can access your data via computer if you want.

@ApexFan let us know once you start using them. I started last fall and have 50+ rounds in Arccos and have really loved them. Tons of data collected pretty easily, and its presented back in useful methods. If you want there is also a online dashboard so you can access your data via computer if you want.
Today will be my first round with them. Pretty excited to get the data without having to keep stats myself.

Today will be my first round with them. Pretty excited to get the data without having to keep stats myself.
Yeah I love it. It will take a bit to get used to, some people really hate the phone in the pocket, but they now offer the link instead. As your walking off every green, just check the putts counted real quick and your good to go! hint* if you putt off the green and want it counted as a chip (technically correct) just pull up the bottom of the screen and you can tap the putt that was a chip and click chip.

I've started marking my pin position as well to get better distance to the pin stats but I didn't do that for a long time.

Yeah I love it. It will take a bit to get used to, some people really hate the phone in the pocket, but they now offer the link instead. As your walking off every green, just check the putts counted real quick and your good to go! hint* if you putt off the green and want it counted as a chip (technically correct) just pull up the bottom of the screen and you can tap the putt that was a chip and click chip.

I've started marking my pin position as well to get better distance to the pin stats but I didn't do that for a long time.
I will be using the phone in the pocket for now. Seems the link is back ordered at this point. If I really like it and the phone bugs me I’ll get one when available. I need to pair the putter before I head out.

I will be using the phone in the pocket for now. Seems the link is back ordered at this point. If I really like it and the phone bugs me I’ll get one when available. I need to pair the putter before I head out.
Or not, won’t work on my putter grip.

I seem to be having a similar issue with getting a round started. I got some Cobra irons via THP and decided to activate - I was prompted that I needed to add more sensors to other clubs so I had Arccos send them.

Have all clubs paired and went to play nine last night and check em out. To my disappointment the app still says I need to add more sensors and prompts me to fill out the form to get the mailed (again which I already did and paired them).

May delete app and reload and see what happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This worked for me. Delete and reinstall. Kept all clubs paired it seems as well. May have to try and squeeze in another nine to test this out...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, the new update showing each areas Strokes Gained or Lost and your overall handicap is a really awesome upgrade.

You now can really dive into your game to see where you are losing strokes and how many when comparing a target handicap. I already knew my weakness is in my iron play. Now, I really can see how bad. And maybe how to improve a bit more.

I deleted some old rounds to get a better idea of my current numbers. I also wonder if the handicap section is using the USGA formula with slope and all included?

6AEF76BD-107F-49ED-8214-FCA404D36867.jpeg

So, the new update showing each areas Strokes Gained or Lost and your overall handicap is a really awesome upgrade.

You now can really dive into your game to see where you are losing strokes and how many when comparing a target handicap. I already knew my weakness is in my iron play. Now, I really can see how bad. And maybe how to improve a bit more.

I deleted some old rounds to get a better idea of my current numbers. I also wonder if the handicap section is using the USGA formula with slope and all included?

View attachment 8958200

I hate to tell you this now since you already deleted a bunch of old rounds but if you touch the little funnel icon in the upper right corner, Arccos lets you set how many previous rounds to use in the Strokes Gained comparisons. Never delete data, just use the filter to look at the more recent rounds!

The only way is the packaging, the sensors are the same and it was just a "rebrand." The 3rd gen come in a square shape box while 2nd comes in a rectangular box. the boxes have the exact same printing on them, it's just the shape that's different.

View attachment 8958200
How do you drill down to this? I am trying to see the same and am just not seeing that in my app on my iPhone.

How do you drill down to this? I am trying to see the same and am just not seeing that in my app on my iPhone.
It’s still in Beta. I was specifically told by Arccos to NOT talk about it. @fuffle master are you on a beta version or is that now the general release?

Never mind. It’s now in general release (4.1.0 in Apple store). The new strokes gained stats are phenomenal. This is the best change Arccos has made in any major release.

3CCA107E-6BCC-42C7-B41C-7AE1BA3ABB1C.jpeg

Never mind. It’s now in general release (4.1.0 in Apple store). The new strokes gained stats are phenomenal. This is the best change Arccos has made in any major release.
Got it. Thanks. For some reason app store wasn't showing an update. Going into app in store showed updated available. Pretty danged cool with those stats. (y)

Got it. Thanks. For some reason app store wasn't showing an update. Going into app in store showed updated available. Pretty danged cool with those stats. (y)
It was these they really opened my eyes up to my approach shot game and showed how I was really losing strokes. For instance I was gaining strokes on 200+ yard approach shots but significantly losing strokes from 140-170 yards, which made sense. I rarely practice with my 8-Pw which is exactly where I’m losing the most strokes.

I just noticed how many Arccos rounds I have recorded and the number of shots recorded. Holy crap!
18287E3F-66F7-464B-8507-4863D304872E.jpeg

Back