roobs88

Reaction score
Morning all,

I've been using the arcoss system for 2 / 3 weeks now. Just wondered what other's experiences with it are?

For me, it worked great for a week but since then seems to miss more shots than it picks up. I've followed the advice on keeping phone in front pocket but doesn't seem to get much better.. I'm using the latest iPhone so shouldn't be an issue there.

The second part to enquiring about other's use of the system is re the club information it stores. It selects shots to use for its data but i can't see the pattern. I hit good shots that it doesn't include, so the caddie part is pretty useless at the moment as its about 20 yards short on every club. Is this a similar story elsewhere?

Thanks!

Roobs

Well that isn’t good. I didn’t have too many issues with it, but have since switched to Shot Scope

I haven’t experienced any issues like you’re describing. The only times I’ve had issues missing shots are on cold and rainy or windy days where I have multiple layers and the sensors could be picking up other sounds, but these days are rare and the sensors still only missed a couple shots. Regarding the yardages, mine were a little wonky until I put enough rounds on the sensors and then they normalized.

This past weekend I used Arccos with my Cobra clubs which have the built in sensors in the actual grips. I had a really windy Friday round that included some snow. I also had the caddie link on and it worked really well. I did miss some putts but that was because my putter didn't have a sensor on it. I know that when I didn't have the caddie link it wasn't as accurate.

I've only got two rounds under my belt with mine, but both times I've used it with my phone in my pocket. One round was with a jacket over top, the other without.

Full swing shots it did not miss or add any extra. Putts were the usual - 8" tap-in or conceded. I had to be conscious as I will normally tap in other's if it's a length I figure they might miss at. Or I will usually putt their ball back towards them, so I had to try and avoid doing either of those.

I would suggest reaching out to their support - I contacted them about a course information issue and they had it fixed in under 24 hours.

I can say that using Arccos has been a great experience for me.

I rarely miss shots and looking back to my data I am able to really get into the area that needs help or see what I am doing well.

I just started using the link instead of my phone in the pocket and while the link has worked, it does seem to be clothes depedent. As if I wear a jacket that covers up the link, then it misses many shots.

Here are a couple of links here in THP that will get into more details from others.

Arccos Caddie 2.0

Arccos Link

I have not used Shot Scope v3, but have read great things about that as well on here. You may want to look at both and decide if a switch is better.

Shot Scope v3

I have been clipping the Link on the pocket and not the belt and this seems to help.

Another round yesterday evening, another mess. I want to love this system, because I do dig into the data and can see it being a really useful tool for bringing my scores down, but not picking up well over 50% of my shots it is a royal pain in the a-double-snakes. I've even found I can finish a round then it will change elements of the round, so I finished a round yesterday and this morning it had me recorded as a shot less, and it had taken a chip off the 18th hole that i added manually.

I'm taking up with Arccos so will feed back on their support!

Back