Are There Females Here?

Afizzle2100

Proud 2021 Grandaddy Alumni
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Are there any girl golfers on here? Have they ever been a part of the experiences?

it’s hard to tell from online profiles but I don’t know if I’ve ever seen another active female user in my tenure here other than @GolferGal . Obviously there are girls interested in golf, but obviously there is a disconnect between here and the course. I just figured there’d be some sort of golf obsessed girl that would be active on here strictly based off of math, but in the grand scheme of things it’s not too shocking.

Last edited:
There are a couple of women who post semi regularly in here. I've enjoyed my interactions with them.

I know of several and they are quite nice ladies.

I would suspect that not a lot of women golfers want to talk about the golf game.

My wife plays and can break 100 most times from the whites, but could care less about talking about her golf game. I can't remember the last time she even practiced her golf swing/game.

I know she spends time on a cooking forum. A quilting/knitting forum. A Nursing medical forum. She also spends a lot of time on Face Time with our six Grandkids. She also watches the local news on her phone.

Golf is just not a big deal for her.

I don't want to over generalize, but for the women I know who are into specific hobbies or sports they don't engage in the same online activities or forums. They seem to more 'browse' jnstagram, pinterest, etc

I imagine women in forums may have the same experience as the chat rooms of old, where the keyboard warriors/white knights make a less than welcoming environment. Internet trolls are everywhere..

Perhaps there are female specific golf sites though? I obviously have not researched that

I would think for the most part women are on Instagram posting pics as opposed to wanting to be on a forum. Not to say they couldn't post pics on here, but just easier there.

I know one who lurks here a lot. She's just about the only person in my life who I can mention something about the THP goings on who might know what I'm talking about. I don't think she'd take part a ton regardless (I can and often am wrong though), but she has mentioned how it's pretty guy centric on more than one occasion. Feels more confortable in her anonymity for the limited interactions she has. One of the local college girl players spotted my shirt on the range one day and gave me a 'HACKERS!' air fist bump though, which I thought was pretty awesome. She might be on here somewhere.

Moved this to its own post.
There answer is yes. Many.
And yes to experiences as well.

I know there are a couple here that used to post regularly. I would imagine meeting a bunch of rando’s from the internet even to play a round a golf would have to be pretty hard for a female to do. That being said I think it would be great to see more around and involved.

Off the top of my head I can think of three who post fairly regularly.

There are few regular female posters on any of the forums I use, not just this one.

there have been a few i can think of in my time here. and i’ve enjoyed interacting with all of them. unfortunately there are a small but vocal (enough) minority who make insensitive, chauvinistic, and exclusive comments that would make many women (and even many men) feel very unwelcomed. i’m not saying i’ve never been inappropriate and i hope i haven’t made anyone feel excluded. for the most part the forum self-polices by calling out that behavior, and ignoring those who don’t behavior appropriately so they eventually leave. then there’s the ol’ ban hammer which, incidentally, is wielded by a woman :)

Back