Are you a “Matcher”?

Yes judging by what's in my bag at the moment. But that's most likely my problem. I need to broaden my OEM horizons :rolleyes:

grips have to match. Shafts I don't care (other than irons obviously). Wedges I like to match up shafts with my irons.

Same.

I also tend to like the fairway woods to match to driver as far as brand/model but not always. Wedges and irons can be different.

Yes and no. My bag is currently Callaway top to bottom, but that's because I liked what they put out and it all works for me. I wouldn't object to a mixed bag if I found something else that performed better. Yes on grips (for everything but putter, obviously), even though I have one mismatched grip in my bag right now that I haven't changed out yet and it bugs me every time I pull that club. Shafts don't match, but I'm okay with that one.

Just grips for me. I’d like all my grips to match but if they don’t, I can make it work for a short time before they get changed.

All grips will be the same. Iron and wedge shafts will usually match up. I can play different brands throughout the bag with out issue.

I used to be this way but these days I want what works in every slot of the bag. Callaway will always get first shot in my bag but if something works better for me then I have no problem mixing products. Heck right now I have six brands of clubs alone, multiple shaft brands and different grips.

I once matched but overcame it.

Firm believer in Driver nor shaft not having to match any other brand in the bag. It's a driver.

Fairways once brand matched but not now

Hybrid - I do like one brand and same model

Irons - well, yes they match

Wedges - same brand and model but shaft does not match irons

Putter - it's like driver. No need to match.

Grips? C'mon. Driver is different, wedge grips usually a different color but same grip model than irons.

Grips yes but I typically have one type for my irons and one for my woods. I typically have at least four different brands of clubs in my bag but right now it's more matchy than it has ever been with all but my 3 iron being Srixon/Cleveland and all my woods are Callaway.

I dont care to match clubs, but I have a strong desire to match grips right now. A winter project I think is in order.

Guilty as charged! Until last month, I played all 14 clubs from Ben Hogan Golf. But, all stock head covers, bag, towel, umbrella, etc! I know....I need help!:ROFLMAO:

Kind of?

Grips - yes through the set - same grip
Clubs - yes prefer one brand throughout (I'm a Titleist *****)

Everything else - not on purpose! (although it does help it)

Guilty! Brands of clubs can be different, but I want the grips to match the shafts, the shafts need to match throughout the bag if possible and the headcovers to match the bag, etc.

Just looked, I have 5 different grips on my clubs right now, like them all. Not including putter, that would be 6. Want my 3 and 5 wood to match exactly. Iron set matches. 52* and 58* wedges have to match exactly. Driver and hybrid whatever. Finally, my socks have to match.

I like my grips width to match. I like miesize so I change them out when I buy something immediately. The only thing I am weird about is if I carry a bag with a brand on it I have to at least have one club of that brand.

Only thing that has to match for me is my grips. Beyond that, I want what performs best.

Yeah, I suppose I am.

All my metal wood heads, grips, and shafts match brand wise.

All my irons match each other in the same way.

However, my metal woods, and irons are totally different brands.

It's a comfort thing for me. If they match, they tend to feel, and play the same.

i thought i was...then the bag turned out like it is.

13 Callaway Clubs
13 MCC +4 Grips

Guilty. Matcher!!

Nope...not a a matcher.

Callaway driver
Taylormade 3 wood and 3 hybrid
Adams 4 hybrid
Callaway irons
Cleveland and Titleist wedges
Taylormade putter
All grips but the putter are the same.

Not necessarily but I do like trying to have the same grips if possible.

I don't need my grips to match. My wedge grips I like with minimal taper so I can choke down with little issue. Iron and Wedge shafts don't match. Currently my driver, 3 wood and hybrid all have the same shaft and grip but that isn't always the case.

I like things to match my golf bag colors (limey/neon yellowish green) and gray.
But I won't sacrifice performance. For example I had PXG irons that matched my setup better color wise but my Cobra T-Rail irons won out based on performance.

Not particularly. My brands, grips, shafts, etc are all over the place. Probably the thing that I match the most is that I like my bag and headcovers to coordinate with each other (i.e. I have a Srixon headcover on my Callaway hybrid), but mostly just colorwise and not necessarily brand matching.

Back