Are You a Closer?

I'm 1.6 strokes better on the back and average .26 under par on holes 14-18 over my last 20. I tend to leak in the middle. If I'm struggling late in a round, it's probably been a real bad round. I'm working to level out these trends though.

Last edited:
It's a toss up with a little lean towards no. I can push it sometimes when I need to but I probably leak oil more often then not in pressure positions.

Talking to a friend today about his round he was leaking only down the stretch. I looked at my last 3 rounds and I also leaked oil coming in.

are you a finisher?

I need to do a better job closing out rounds, no doubt.

Just depends. If I can keep the energy level up then I can finish strong, but if i get tired or dehydrated I will check out early and struggle to finish strong.

Usually better on the back 9, unless I start running into slow play. Once I check out cause of waiting several minutes before I get to hit, I don't have that ability to turn it back on.

Usually have have sprung a leak by the time 18 comes into sight.

Yes, I call it time to grind. Last 3 holes today I went birdie par par. A lot of times if I play just ok on the front, the back side is always a big motivator to dig deep and make some shots.

What do the numbers say?

they're not clear lately...last couple of rounds, I've played the same out/in...just different types of explosions.

Kind of depends on the course I am playing, sometimes the back nines can be a hurdle, but often I stay in it and finish strong. Kind of curious now and might go back and look at some of my grint entrees when I get a chance.

I don’t exactly fall apart, but the last two holes where I normally play are over water. If I put one in on 17 I’m bound to put at least two in on 18.

It seems to go both ways for me. More often than not Im a finisher, or a slow starter. Which ever you prefer to call it. Its rarely both. :unsure:

In most other sports yes, but not golf unfortunately

I was a finisher today. Par on 5 of last 6 holes including a par on 18 the #1 handicap hole on course. I was just about a nervous wreck knowing I had a shot at a personal best. Kept the fight up right to the end. The confidence boost will help me finish in the future.

I thought i was going to finish strong today LMAO. So no i am not :ROFLMAO:

Usually, I am a middle player. Weaker in the front and the back 3 holes. While stronger in the middle.

More often than not. My problem is the first 3 or 4 holes, where I cant seem to get out of the gates. Honestly, if I could figure out how to not score bogey, double bogey or worse on those first 4 holes, I could probably easily be a single digit cap.

I always play better nearer to the end of a round than at the start. It has been that way for years. Warmed up more I believe.

A few years ago I would have said yes. Now I don’t think so. I clearly think too much

We'll call it a month to month thing haha

I don't have a problem closing out a round, unless I'm looking career best in the forehead. Then it might get a bit weird, especially at my place.

Depends on the course.

I can go both ways bad on the front better on the back or good on the front and bad on the back, usually a tale of 2 9s, so no i guess i am not a closer.

Back