Are You a #GolfSavage

Could not leave that tape exposed. I have no issue with using lead tape on the club head though.

Oh this can't happen🤯 definite faux pas!

Gotta have the shafts clean with no stickers, etc and ferrules turned and tight. Drives me crazy with stickers on clubs.

Absolutely not, that on top of crooked grips, unturned ferrules and excess epoxy it’s a no from me.
We really had something going there until you took issue with the unturned ferrule... that's my jam hahahaha

Not a big deal.

I will add this to the list.. put together a club, swing weight was a little heavy.. so I took a grinder to the back edge.

I honestly don’t think it turned out to bad..

14B92D75-FB6B-4D85-AC37-ED35BC912F50.jpeg

Not a big deal, but so easy to fix...I would trim it.

It is a little sloppy, but if you can live with it, I can. Not my clubs.

If I or someone I knew regripped those, totally fine. If I paid someone $5/club, I am not fine with it

Not sure id call it savage, but if it were my clubs that wouldn’t fly lol. That’s getting cleaned up before it goes back in the bag.

someone else’s clubs they can look like that all they want

Oh man, if one were to look at my irons up close, i would definitely be deemed a#golfsavage. I have had that happen when repripping before. I have also made a poor attempt at trying to fix it that didn't end up much better and just rolled with it. Lol

@templeton80 is it weird I have to regrip a couple of clubs and want to have tape showing?

Sorta like leaving the back half of the business shirt flapping in the breeze lol

I was so bad at regripping my clubs that it was a win to get my clubs looking even close to this.

I didn't put enough solvent on, so my driving iron got stuck halfway down. @Datkison Had to walk me through the fix.
This. I've only regripped myself one time (with half-cord grips) and it rubbed the crap out of my hands trying to get them on correctly (even with plenty of solvent). Haven't tried again since then.

I bought my son some crappy clubs. I regripped some of them. That's high quality work compared to the mess I wound up with. But, I was satisfied, my kid was happy, and they weren't MY clubs so it doesn't bother me.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

He replaced those clubs with better ones.

I’ve been known to MacGyver my club building. I left tape showing on a putter I regripped (with WD40) last week, though I did push it up a little with my thumbnail.

Back