Are you a visual/feel player or data driven?

I’m dataphobic. Other than a GPS reading as far as distance, I’m definitely a feel and sight player. My club fitting has always been by sight and feel. I have never used a launch monitor.

It's both for me. I need to be shown - physically, in some cases - where my body is supposed to be at certain parts of the swing. When the ball doesn't go where it's supposed to, I know from the laws of ball flight what's going wrong. Data are nice because they tell me how much I'm right or wrong.

At this point in my development I need to see it in real life. I jokingly wrote, in another thread, how I'd like to have a rangefinder so I could tell how far I just hit that thing, but there was a degree of truth to that.

I imagine that, once I get more used to what distances look like and develop a feel for what swing with what club produces what distance, I'll probably become more data-driven.

I don't know what I'd do on a simulator. I also grew up with 100-150-200 yard stakes or numbers on sprinklers, I mean this is how you played. You guessed, you stepped it off. I'd have to go off of visual.
I kind of miss playing that way once in awhile. Sometime next season I need to play a round the way again.

I miss going out there with no digital tech and having to make your way around the course guestimating what you had in.

I think I am a feel player.

• Appreciation
Reactions: KEV
For me I can see the numbers all day but until I’m out on the course and see the results those numbers don’t mean anything to me.

I’m a feel player but I thrive on numbers and distances to zoom in

Reactions: KEV
Back