Are You an Angry Golfer?

The only time I get angry about golfing is when I play!! :laughing:

I certainly used to be. Not too much anymore however.

I used to do when I was younger. But as I got older and real life stresses became realer and more intense, I realised more and more that golfing was a way to relax and let go. As my dad said, I'm not good enough to get annoyed at a bad shot.

No, but I have had my moments..

No not really. I get pretty embarrassed when I’m with people like that and especially if I catch my self becoming angry. I’ve slammed a club or two into the ground and immediately felt like an a**hole after

Need to see some yes people post up on in here.

Not going to lie, I feel like there's a whole lot of people in here that are not being totally honest with themselves. I've never played with anyone more than a few times without seeing them lose their cool at least once. As for me,

HULK SMASH!

~Rock

When I get angry in the course it is usually not related to my game. Things that get me angry are slow play, bad cart management by others, people blasting music when I am trying to swing and items of that nature. Poor etiquette.

I've been know to use profanity every so once in a while on a course.

more of a disapointed, frustrated, ineffective golfer :LOL:

never angry whatsoever but absolutely can get frustrated. Letting out some "MF'ers" makes me feel better

I don't think so. I certainly have had moments where I was angry at myself but mostly I am there to have fun.

If I do, it's only for a moment.

I'm very competitive and I used to get angry and frustrated when I wouldn't play well. The last couple of years I have learned this game is hard and getting angry just makes me play worse. I rarely let myself get angry anymore and just focus on having fun and letting the bad shots go. The game is far more enjoyable these days and I have a blast with my friends even if I'm playing awful. It's a big adjustment coming from rugby where getting fired up can help you play well but with golf the best way for me to perform and satisfy that competitiveness is to just laugh off the bad shots and move to the next one.

When I was younger I used to be. As I got a little older and wiser and came to the realization that "my game is what it is" , No, I just enjoy the time, course and company I'm with.

I get frustrated from time to time if a lot of bad shots pile up, but I'd never put myself in the Angry Golfer category. Some quiet words to myself, then I move on.

If I have a string of bad holes and really bad shots then I might get a little angry and let at a curse word or two, usually at myself. Most of the time I will laugh it off before it gets to that point though. One the occasion I do it though then it's like valve on a pressure cooker letting out the steam all at once and then I'm good and back to laughing and joking with the guys.

Definitely not, what is the fun in that. Yes I get frustrated on bad shots but move on quickly from them.

I may drop a club at the end of my backswing On a poor shot. I may quietly cuss a little. But outbusts/ helicoptering club.....no way.

I'm feeling much better now...
HeartfeltTeemingDachshund-size_restricted.gif

I used to get SO fired up when I played (thanks, hockey).

Now, I genuinely struggle to invest that much mental juice into it. That part of the game is all but dead to me I think.

I used to be very bad about it. I occasionally have an outburst once in a while now, but it takes some consistently really rough luck and play. And It will usually pass quickly into laughing at my epic failures.

Now, self deprecating comments about my ineffectuality? I'm here for all of those! :p

Back