Are You an Angry Golfer?

Only when people play music, wear joggers, don't adhere to the dress code, and take more than 3.5 hours to play.

I assume that is literally all the time then? :unsure:

~Rock

I've been known to be upset with myself after some shots I thought I shouldn't hit, but that was more in the days when I had my swing really under control. Not so much anymore.

Generally no, but I do have my breaking point where I'll start berating myself if I'm playing really poorly 🤷‍♂️

Used to play with unrealistic expectations of my game and then a few years ago it dawned on me that life's too short to not enjoy the game I love.

Not really, no. I understand golf is a fickle game, and have learned to accept what it gives me on any given day.

what if they hide one of your clubs?

Well now I'm thinking I left it, where I last remember it... and having left a 5 week old wedge, and a Scotty Cameron putter on the course never to be turned in.. Yeah, a whole lot of panic sets in. It's a horrible feeling.

I am a pretty chill person on the course until people start hitting into me and that is my short fuse. Other than that the only thing that will get me somewhat annoyed is super slow play.

I may drop a club at the end of my backswing On a poor shot. I may quietly cuss a little. But outbusts/ helicoptering club.....no way.
I am about the same. I might say "idiot" or something like that after a poor shot but no chucking clubs or letting out giant F-bombs.

Only with the maintenance guys on the course during the day. Parking the mower in front of the green, watering on the green when you are ready to hit up then waving you to hit when the hose is stretched across the green. or driving the service carts where the cause is to wet leaving huge ruts. My game? I could be doing something else, so I'm there by choice. If really bad, get a beer from the cart girl.

Anger or a form of Tourette Syndrome, I'm not sure which. But long before the ball lands from a particulary heinous shot, I've loosed a barrage of expletives and loosed them loudly...

I can be.

Nah. Number one, it doesn't make me play any better, and number two, I'm not gonna be the guy who pouts, sulks and ruins everybody else's round. I'm there to have fun, and if I'm not having fun I shouldn't be there.

Nope. I get bummed when I hit a string of bad shots, but never angry and I usually end up laughing about it. Going into a round while I expect to hit some good shots and expect to improve each time out I also realize that there will be some bad shots mixed in and maybe a lost ball or two.

I don't mean necessarily throwing or slamming clubs, but rather short fuse that gets angry pretty often?

I used to be but I am not any longer. As I got older I mellowed some. Now I realize that there is a reason I don't play golf for a living. Additionally I had some health issues and now my perspective is every day is a good day especially a day on the golf course.

Not really. I try not to get worked up in general. A little can help me play better though.

I'm a very easy-going fella, but I do tend to cuss at myself a bit during a round. Pretty rare for me to take it out on my equipment though.

Miss hits. That’s the only thing that chaps my behind. By that I mean a full blow top or mega chunk. I can live with any result as long as I make decent contact with the ball. Even if it goes OB or the drink. Especially if it feels like a green light go at it shot. Those make me want to throw clubs. Which I did in my youth. I’ve since stopped that madness. But every once in a while the urge does hit me to let one fly. 🤣

not angry but I find I get frustrated and out of rythem with slow play. I'm learning I hit the ball much better when I'm in a laid back seemingly not carrying mood. I will say getting into this mood on the course is very difficult for me. Getting angry is just the opposite of what I need to do to really hit the ball well.

I can be. I haven't broken a club for years, but like everything in life, I feel I should always perform at my expectations, and when I don't, I get upset with myself.

Angry no, frustrated yes, I get frustrated at myself when I make dumb mistakes next hole it's over.
Golf is not easy and I understand that.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Less angry, more disappointed when things go poorly.

During round no... But post round it. All heats up and will eat at me sometimes for bad shots or Mistakes. Certain recent round still bothers me and trying to Get a rebuttal. Don't lose sleep just irritating.

I'm not good enough to get angry over missed shots. However, every once in a while I will mutter a quiet curse to myself if/when I do something really stupid.

I was almost as bad as Sergio on a bad day as a teen but I was much more level headed by the time I was out of college and by the time I was in my early 30’s my demeanor was exactly the same whether I was 5 under for my round or 12 over. I’ve had 15 shot swings on consecutive rounds, lol.

Back