Votes: 3 4.2%
  • No

Votes: 61 85.9%
  • Maybe

Votes: 5 7.0%
  • That’s a little too personal

Votes: 2 2.8%

• Total voters
Nope, not me. I make my decisions quickly, and go with them. (99.99%)

It's very, very, rare that I second guess myself. Not always the right decisons, but there's answers for them too.

Nope. It’s not rocket science, it’s golf, pick the shot and hit the shot.

Absolutely not.

Based on this thread, and considering past threads, if no one's taking much time on decisions, a lot of people are taking entirely too long on routines.

Wait, y'all are counting reading your putt as decisions, right?? I think that's where the discrepancy might be. Choosing a spot/line/etc. counts in my book.

Last edited:
Nah, I just go for it. Have fun.

Nope….point & shoot!

I try not to second guess myself, especially on the putting lines. That leads to getting into my own head and likely doing worse. See ball, swing club, Chase ball.

No I decide pretty quickly most of the time. Might get a tad indecisive on a new course, but that's natural

No indecision here. See it. Hit it. Chase it. Do it all over again.
I may think things through more in a tourney but not indecisive. Also I’m a mindf&ck when it comes to wind…. That’s when I over think things but def not indecisive.

I might waffle on a club selection or 2 during a round, but it's a quick change and go. Look at the putt while others are putting, then I'm ready to go. The less 2nd guessing I do, the better I typically hit the ball because I have less stuff racing through my head.

I learned when I was ten that my golf was way better when I was decisive. I also learned that I could eyeball putts on bermuda and make those ten foot putts.
I could get on a hot streak and make a lot of those on one day.
Once in a while I'll get a good look at the lie and target and realize I made a mistake, then pull another club. I'm decisive, but not stupidly decisive.

While I'm a professional engineer who was good enough to be in an Ivy League math honor society, I just get a distance read with the GPS and use my intuition on what I should do as far as shot making and club selection. My approach clubs have 30 yard gaps and I'm fine with that. :p My one talent in high school sports as hitting softballs between two players on a crowded field. I had a ridiculous on base percentage considering my lack of speed and power.

Once I get distance and take notice of any other factors like wind, down/up hill, I grab the club and go.

Not at all, I don’t think too much lol. Just get the yardage, pull the club and pull the trigger!

That's me, also 👍🏻

Maybe I should think a little more sometimes 🤣

I'm the opposite. Look at the yardage, choose a club and hit it.

It's afterwards that I sometimes second guess what I should have done instead based on the results. Like, oh I should have realised it was slightly uphill, or the wind was quite strong, etc.

Once I make a decision I commit to it for better or worse.

No, but I might regret a the choice made sometimes.

I decide quickly and look to engage hit quickly. Many times it's not the positive thoughts that dominate it's the negative.

Like most, I sometimes will be indecisive when it comes to putting. I will change my mind & hit the putt & miss ... then say to myself, why didn't I go with the first read? :unsure: Then take a practice putt on the original read & make it. Go figure "B" player :rolleyes:

Rarely do I ever second guess myself, however I have fired my caddie more than a couple times this year.

I used to be. Especially on approach yardages. But I installed Arccos on my clubs over a year ago and now I just look at my watch and trust my Caddie feature. It knows me pretty well. Plus if it ends up being wrong I can yell at it. 🤣

Nope, take a look, chose the club, make the shot.
I try not to get in my own way.

This is boring, I changed my vote to yes.

There’s nothing better than lining up a putt with triple track only to get over the ball and then decide that it breaks a little more than you’re aligned. And then proceed to make the adjustment and realize you were correct the first time.

On the course and playing golf, not at all. When it comes to equipment..... very much yes....

Back