Are you better at another sport than Golf? Would you trade that ability to improve your golf score?

orchard53

Reaction score
I'm a much better bowler than a golfer, having won some state events and awards, done well in tournaments. But I enjoy golf as the shots are always changing, you are outside - and I get an opportunity to socialize with more people. I'd give up 20-30 pins on my average if I could drop my handicap 3-4 strokes.

I’ve been pretty mediocre in every sport I’ve ever played, so none of them have much to give me for golf. 😆

I'm literally better at every sport than golf. At this point in my life, the only ones worth holding onto are basketball, volleyball, and bowling but I think I'd trade them for golf. I'm sure I will in 5-10 years whether I'd like to or not.

Yes.

I fight. I don’t lose much, but there isn’t a HC system outside of weight. I’m strong right now. I prefer BJJ but can brawl and sprawl.

Golf is more my thing though. I much prefer breaking my wrists digging to China with a 4i.

Probably better at fighting, 😂

Played lots of baseball in my day but no longer. Was a better ball player than golfer
i still sail some and target shoot once in a while (but not competitively)...
Wouldn’t trade ability of either to be better at golf, I’ll just work harder at golf.

I'm quite rubbish at golf tbh.

Sports I'm definitely better at than golf - badminton, baseball, volleyball
Sports I'm probably better at than golf - swimming, squash, cricket (only played once in HS with my Indian friend but the baseball translates)
Sports I'm probably worse at than golf - tennis, bowling, water polo
Sports I'm definitely worse at than golf - the rest

I'm also definitely better at ball hockey than golf but my skating has gone way downhill ever since I quit playing ice hockey as a kid. Also used to be quite good at soccer but quit to focus on baseball.

I would absolutely trade my ability in other sports to be better at golf. I still play baseball and volleyball a little but I care about golf way more. Tennis is really the only other sport I play regularly these days.

I used to be better at basketball than golf. I am probably a 10 handicap at basketball at my best. I would gladly give that up as at 40 basketball kind of scares me (knee inujuries :eek:).

Better at most any sport than golf especially pickup basketball (got too many injuries and too old now though), but I so like the challenges that golf provides and so far I have not gotten bored with it.

Back in the day, I was much better at baseball than I was at golf. Heck, I was better at basketball, and football than golf.

Fast forward 40+ years, and I can play golf better than the other three.

Taco eating isn't a sport yet is it? I'd be good at that.

I was better at every other sport than I am at golf. Probably because I was 48 when I started playing golf and I'm not as flexible or as strong as I was in my youth. Boxing was my best sport as a youth. Followed by football, baseball, basketball and swimming. 9 Ball/8 ball isn't an athletic sport but I was state champ.

I was once better at tennis. :unsure: But my golf may have caught up, which now that I think of it, may be more of a reflection on my tennis game:LOL: I was weak at returning serve, so I don't have much to trade off. Although my backhand was strong.:whistle:

I used be pretty handy at cricket and tennis, but right now, I’d say golf is the sport I’m best at. It’s the one I put most time in to so it had better be!!!

baseball and tennis but that was awhile back so not sure i am any better at either anymore....but i know i stink at golf, so yes switch it for me. something is better then nothing.

I am way better at golf than anything else but I am a very good shooter in basketball.

Bowling. I've consistently carried a 190+ average for many years, bowled a couple of 300's, a 290 and a bunch of 260+, 270+ games. I'm not sure I'd want to give any of that up to be better at golf though. Maybe I'd do 10 pins off my average for 10 off my handicap.

I used to be pretty good at darts too, but I don't play much anymore.

I guess I'm little better at bowling. I've carried a 200 + avg for the last few years.
I would definitely give up a few pins on my avg for for strokes on my golf handicap.
So....take 10 pins off my bowling avg for 6 stokes off my ghin and put me at scratch !

I’m better at golf than any other sport, and I’m not that good at golf. Golf is the only sport I’ve played since I was a kid. I was the tallest kid in my class, but the worst basketball player. I played little league baseball, but never tried to be better. I can bowl ok, but it doesn’t provide near the interest for me that golf does. If you consider fishing a sport, I know what I’m doing and can catch fish.

At one point I was probably close to as good at water skiing. Given back issues I am not right now. I am not sure I would have given up a few buoys off my tournament average to drop a stroke off my handicap but I would to qualify for the US Senior Am

Much better at hockey than golf. Wouldn’t give it up though, I’m too competitive even though I only play both for fun now.

I am a much better bowler than golfer. Having several tourney wins, honor scores with 14 300 games and 3 800 series in competition, and quite a few more during practices and non sanctioned events. I don't think I would give up anything in bowling to easily improve my golf game.

Took a lot of work to get to this point in bowling and it will take the same amount of work to get better at golf. Dedication to practice and getting lessons to get dialed in is what I put in to bowling, that is the same process I am putting into golf.

I was a better wrestler and baseball player. Even did some youth bowling, and have showed up on a Friday night and rolled 200+ a few times. So I imagine if I actually took up bowling I'd be better than golf.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

In the grand scheme of things I’m probably still a better springboard diver than golfer. And that’s only good for party tricks at a pool once or twice a year! I’d give that all up to make improvements in my golf game.

I played college basketball and have always been decent at the sports I've played. I've always thought it would be so much better to just be super great at one thing, like golf.

I played A lot of Sports in my 63 years. Played Football and Base?ball in School and especially High School. Kept playing Softball and Bowling in the military. I carried a high average in Bowling and went to Nationals many times. Also played on a lot of tournament softball including all service Teams.
I still play competitive Softball leagues now and sometimes the wife asks why, because cause i am still able to...Would i change anything, nope. I do fine at golf now for my age.

Back