Are you better at another sport than Golf? Would you trade that ability to improve your golf score?

I think my athletic ability is pretty equal across the different sports I have played, golf being no exception. I was always a solid starter when my time came, but never was going to be a star.

I only do two sports now, golf and skiing. I'm better skiing than golf and I would not trade skiing ability for golf ability. That would be too dangerous out in the trees hahaha.

This is an interesting question. In my heart I want to say yes, but the truth is probably, no. Was, used to be, whatever.. I doubt I'm better at another sport than golf these days.

So, second question in reverse I guess, I'm not sure there's a sport I'd even aspire to in a way I'd want to give up some golf ability to achieve.

With a little practice, I've always been above average at most sports I played or athletic endeavors I got into.
Never been "great" at any, very competent at most.
I'm almost 60 now, so the list is shorter. Golf is about the only sport I do these days other than bicycles and a couple of surf trips a year.
Surfing, respected in my hometown as a good surfer through my 40's, Skateboarder, Snowboarding, tennis and golf.
I was a good baseball player as well.

Back