Are You Captain Material?

We have a live update thread about to kick off tomorrow for the Grandaddy and it seems prudent to mention again that we choose the captains (auto bids to events) from those that are active throughout the forum and in other live update threads.
Especially prudent given there are at least a couple more captain spots open next year.

We have a live update thread about to kick off tomorrow for the Grandaddy and it seems prudent to mention again that we choose the captains (auto bids to events) from those that are active throughout the forum and in other live update threads.

I will be interactive in the hours I’m awake and not working. This 7p-7a is cutting into my golf discussion.

I have enjoyed following the live update threads from the experiences this year. I will definitely be following the GD too.

I just wanted to add that having had the privilege of participating in my first experience has given me a better perspective of what a live thread really is. On so many different levels, it captures the essence of the experience. It’s much more than people posting on a forum about the experience.

Yea I'm pumped for the Granddaddy thread. I'm swamped tomorrow so I was glad to hear the dinner wasn't tonight, because the rest of the week is much more clear.

And possibly even more...
Don't want to be presumptuous, but you all always blow past my presumptions.

There is one we might get clarity on this week that I think we all hope comes back around again.

I love the captain discussions. So many great folks I’d love to follow into battle!

This is going to be such a great week. I am glad work has chilled a bit so I can focus on following along!

Can’t wait to do all I can to follow along during the day.

Will be a great follow regardless, but this is a very important note to those that are really striving to participate in the events! Warning - being a captain also includes dealing with those of us that are a bit crazy

Will be a great follow regardless, but this is a very important note to those that are really striving to participate in the events! Warning - being a captain also includes dealing with those of us that are a bit crazy
Isn’t that pretty much the entire forum? I mean, we’re trying to go to events across the country with people from the Internet whom we’ve never met. Because or new and shiny are both accepted reasons to get new clubs months after getting new clubs. And we all like to torture ourselves by spoiling a good walk with golf. Let’s not even get into the requisite food pics for any experience.

I've been lucky enough to have the chance to captain a team, and I'd love to do it again. I think I learned a lot since then - both from that event, talking with others who've been in the role, and from my roles at work. I think I did a pretty good job at that event (outcome notwithstanding), and I think I'd do a lot better the next time.

Anyway - haven't been around as much as I'd like to be - new job eating in to a lot of my mindshare, but hoping to change that.

Add another one we will be searching for a captain…the Grandaddy returns.

So glad to hear it’s coming back!

Opportunities everywhere for 2022!

So many opportunities!!

Plenty of captain opportunities in ‘22! Working on my resume. Pumped to help @JDax in The Rivalry to contribute to one of his 2 captaincy wins in ‘22.

Plenty of captain opportunities in ‘22! Working on my resume. Pumped to help @JDax in The Rivalry to contribute to one of his 2 captaincy wins in ‘22.

#StopThe3Peat

thats such great news!!

We will tell people the same thing we have the last few months.

Want to be a captain.
Get involved in live update threads of other Experiences.
Talk equipment that you receive from THP or thats in your bag.
Overall be active in the community.
Don’t be an ass.

Seems pretty simple.

Back